Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 08:06 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post

I have to agree on Seattle's summer beauty. But I was up there last July and one day was STILL 100% cloaked in fog!. Would you say to be safe really August and the 1st 2 weeks of Sept are the only "reliably" sunny weather in Seattle?
One day? Seattle rarely ever gets fog in July. That's an aberration. The foggy times in Seattle are mid September through early October, and early spring. And the overwhelming majority of foggy days that we get, the fog burns off anyway and it then becomes clear as a bell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 10:00 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
95% of homes in Seattle do not have AC.
And they sure were sorry last summer when the mercury hit 103 degrees.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:05 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Quote:
One other poster mentioned he would choose Telluride, Aspen or Tahoe...if you had to choose, which of those three would you take?
For me, Tahoe...the lake is absolutely gorgeous.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:12 PM

726 posts, read 2,147,831 times
To the OP: I don't think I could choose between the 3 (Aspen, Telluride, Tahoe). Maybe Aspen if forced to choose. Also you noted that you were also interested in Saratoga/Adirondack region, you should check out Lake Placid/Saranac Lake region. I go there every year. It's another good in the winter and summer place. Very beautiful and recently has become a bit more affordable (if you're looking to buy property). In my opinion the mountains in the west are more scenic though.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:32 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
If you could split your time between *anywhere* in the U.S. for summers and winters, what 2 areas would you choose?

I live in San Diego and I plan to stay living here for winter/spring. But I'm looking for where I want to live summers/falls. I'm single and have a telecommuting job that allows me to live anywhere.

My choices:

Winter: San Diego

Summer: (here are some areas I'm considering) Maine Coast, Burlington VT, Whitefish Montana, Aspen Colorado, Telluride Colorado, Sun Valley Idaho, Lake Tahoe area, Cape Cod Mass.

...I love the mountains, this is why so many mountain areas on my summer hit list.
You should consider Flagstaff, AZ

Old 03-31-2016, 11:16 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,092,524 times
Responding to a thread that is over 6 years old...

If money was no issue, I'd spend the winter in San Luis Obispo, CA (if I couldn't head down to the Lake District of Argentina) and split the summer between the Upper Mississippi River Valley with a home base in Prairie du Chien, WI (go to Google Images to check it out) and the Oregon Coast nomad style with a stopover in Durango, CO when I go from one to the one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City