Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 08:15 PM

389 posts, read 777,281 times

Advertisements

OK, I'll answer everyone's craziness with a few sentences:

I am not hypocritical. Yes, I know that made me look that way, but how'd you look @ it if I wrote "I'm from Colorado & I'm better 'an y'all!?" You'd say "What the ****? What's so special 'bout Colorado?" If you don't like what I'm sayin' 'bout New York or California, talk to the idiots on TV about it, not me.

The media says, "New York is so beautiful, everyone here is so much better (without knowing it.)" Obviously if they knew what the hell they sounded like, they wouldn't say half the **** they say. "California, ah California. So perfect. So dreamy. All the people are beautiful." yotta yotta yotta. I don't have to interview all the 19 million people in New York (that's insane) to know that there are a lot of big egos up there. The media gives the survey results.

Jessie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 08:17 PM

Oh, & yes I have been to New York & California (on horseback & by bus.) Haven't you noticed? I don't talk much 'bout a place I've never been.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:24 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,058,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwoman View Post
Oh, & yes I have been to New York & California (on horseback & by bus.) Haven't you noticed? I don't talk much 'bout a place I've never been.
Stop it, you're just generalizing people based off of what you have seen/heard. People are nothing like that.

There's good and bad everywhere, you can't just look at the bad and generalize the entire place for that. You have to keep it balanced.

I'm guessing you live in Colorado/Wyoming/Nevada? Because your status says Cowboy state- and those are the stereotypical cowboy states.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:31 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,177,989 times
Quote:
Look lady, I'm sure whatever state you reside in isn't perfect either. It's absolutely rediculous when people base a whole state (of 36 million!) off what one or two people say. get real

Old 06-24-2010, 08:35 PM

9,173 posts, read 13,259,290 times
Quote:
I been to the Planet Xeon-55 by helicopter and skateboard.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:06 PM

Yep, Wyoming. Now there's one state that is not exagerated. Oh, & no Wyoming is not perfect (as if I ever said that.) Look it up. We've got almost the highest meth rate in the country. Duh, not everyone does meth. I get that not everyone in New York is like that, which is why I say, "Go ***** to the idiots on TV, not me." Some people will think that's the case. Not me because, like I said, I've been there & done that.

Oh, & LINative, good for you.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:11 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,177,989 times
Quote:
Yep, Wyoming. Now there's one state that is not exagerated. Oh, & no Wyoming is not perfect (as if I ever said that.) Look it up. We've got almost the highest meth rate in the country. Duh, not everyone does meth. I get that not everyone in New York is like that, which is why I say, "Go ***** to the idiots on TV, not me." Some people will think that's the case. Not me because, like I said, I've been there & done that.

Oh, & LINative, good for you.

Why do you care what the media portrays California? Obviously it must bother you or you wouldn't be posting here

Old 06-24-2010, 09:18 PM

705 posts, read 1,662,353 times
Really, all the woman in California are blonde supermodels and the men are mexican farmers and white surfers, and we all say dude. Thats a fair, honest assessment.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:40 PM

It ain't the fact that y'all are that way. It's the fact that whenever y'all talk 'bout your state, you have egos. Ain't that the question? Who has the biggest egos? NY & California.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:41 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,903,717 times
Texas Texas Texas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City