Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Region would you prefer to live in?
Midwest 249 60.44%
Down South 163 39.56%
Voters: 412. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 03:27 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,635,632 times

Advertisements

Adults aged 65+ who have had all their natural teeth extracted, guess someone thought it important emough to complie that data
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 03:29 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,071,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Guess the 329 in Michigan and 324 in Illinois which surround the state you say is nothing like the other Great Lakes states don't count?
No, not really. Let's see, there's 6,376,792 people in the state of Indiana and 724 meth labs. There's 12,901,563 people in the state of Illinois and 10,003,422 in Michigan, yet Indiana has more meth labs than those 2 states combined. Not to mention the fact that both states dwarf Indiana in terms of population. Fail. Try again.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:34 PM

749 posts, read 1,315,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowedOral Health loss of natural teeth (most recent) by state

Does this website NOT prove the Southern Tooth loss stereotype to truth? The top 10 are all in the South. LOL. No hate.. just Akhen or whoever is disturbingly annoying...
Rating America's Cities - Where the Teeth Bite : Men's Health.com

yet my city is ranked 6th for cities with the best teeth, Raleigh is 3rd, Nashville is 2nd.

Last edited by Yac; 12-08-2009 at 06:25 AM..

Old 08-19-2009, 03:44 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,629,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinablue View Post
Rating America's Cities - Where the Teeth Bite : Men's Health.com

yet my city is ranked 6th for cities with the best teeth, Raleigh is 3rd, Nashville is 2nd.
Obviously the whole region doesn't have bad teeth I lived in the south for a while.. (If NOVA is considered the south still).

Old 08-19-2009, 03:59 PM

749 posts, read 1,315,967 times
ehhh thats pushing it.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:12 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,635,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
No, not really. Let's see, there's 6,376,792 people in the state of Indiana and 724 meth labs. There's 12,901,563 people in the state of Illinois and 10,003,422 in Michigan, yet Indiana has more meth labs than those 2 states combined. Not to mention the fact that both states dwarf Indiana in terms of population. Fail. Try again.
Fail? You are the one that is trying to say that Indiana is not really a Great Lake state in the midwest even thought it sits right between Illinois and Michigan.

I'll come back when you have a better argument than that.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:46 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,584,054 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowedOral Health loss of natural teeth (most recent) by state

Does this website NOT prove the Southern Tooth loss stereotype to truth? The top 10 are all in the South. LOL. No hate.. just Akhen or whoever is disturbingly annoying...
I wasn't talking about old folks on Medicare, I was talking about younger people in their 20's, 30's and 40's who lose their teeth due to drug use. The elderly population in the south grew up in a much different environment compared to today.

Last edited by Yac; 12-08-2009 at 06:25 AM..

Old 08-19-2009, 04:55 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,674,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Yeah, I grew up in Iowa and laughed all the time. I'd go to bars on vacation and when people asked where I was from I'd get the "omg!" reaction from them, then the "oh wow!!! didn't that totally suck!? Do you think this is so crazy here in the city!?!?"

I mean seriously. I might have grown up in Iowa, but it's not Somalia! Yeah I didn't have a mountain out my kitchen window, or drive to the Ocean 3 times a year, but umm....we all live in the same country. We had a car for every person, 3% unemployment, absolutely no crime or traffic, very good schools, my family got internet in 1994 when everyone else started to, I got my first cell phone as a 16 year old in 1996, grew up with cable TV and MTV in the 80's, went to shopping malls in my hometown with the same Abercrombie and Gap crap that everyone else did as a teenager, we went boating, flew places on vacation, jumped on VCR's, CD players, Ninendo's, flat screens, DVR and everything else when it was coming out.

I like when people think Midwesterners get technology like.....4 years after everyone else. We all watch the same TV! We all get the same commercials! You think I'm not going to get HD, an Ipod or an Iphone in Iowa the same time someone in New York or California does because it takes commercials 3 years to travel to the "interior"?

I'm thinking it must be fashion that makes people believe EVERYTHING takes longer to travel across the country. Iowa didn't have the high end shops and some of the unique newest restaurants in the country, but we weathered through it just fine. I was much more obsessed with getting a nintendo in the mid 1980's, or hooked up to AOL in 1996 than I gave a crap about the hottest pair of $200 jeans.

My aunt was telling us how floored she was in 1977 when she moved to Washington DC and people actually asked her if she had a toilet in her house, or a TV or shopping malls. She was said....umm....I'm not from Russia ???

Hahaha, I get that all the time too. I was in Philadelphia a few years ago when I was 21 and my buddies and I met some good looking girls...So we got to talking, and they eventually figured out we were from Minneapolis...But the kicker is that they thought Minneapolis was in Washington State.... ? I couldnt believe it... 21 year olds and they actually didnt know what state Minneapolis was in....

Also, my mom went on spring break to Florida in the early 1980s, and she told me a story where she met people down there who actually thought that Minnesotans lived in Igloos. No joke

Old 08-20-2009, 12:49 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,023,547 times
Quote:
LOL I don't know anyone who does meth.. Never even heard of a dealer. Must be a rural thing (where practically no one lives).

it is more of a rural thing, I have known plenty of people that did meth and some family members and you would be surprised the kind of people that do it once you get around the product.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:28 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Down South.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City