Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most overrated Region
The North 66 40.24%
The South 51 31.10%
The Midwest 10 6.10%
The west 37 22.56%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 07:12 AM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I live in and love NYC, but the NYC boosters are among the worst and most numerous in this forum. Not every description of the city requires a superlative.
and that's pretty much true. I find New Yorkers easy to get along with and are very proud of their city. But they do not act as bad as the New Yorkers that have been on this thread itself.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:22 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,876,421 times
[CENTER]http://bestsmileys.com/evil/6.gif (broken link)

http://bestsmileys.com/storms/3.gif (broken link) http://bestsmileys.com/storms/5.gif (broken link) http://bestsmileys.com/storms/8.gif (broken link)[/CENTER]

I've spent the better part of the morning cleaning up some attack comments in here. I strongly suggest folks consider their words before posting to avoid infractions. Fighting and attacks will not be tolerated in the rooms. If someone says something you find offensive, use the "report post" feature and IGNORE THEM. "Fighting back" only makes you as guilty as they are in degrading the quality of the topic at hand.

Thank you!

Old 05-28-2009, 12:47 PM

294 posts, read 781,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
You know nothing about my state nor have you ever been there. The don't mess with Texas was a little campaign. Nothing else. You hardly see any Cowboys in Texas and there are COWS in every state in America. Get over yourself. The Northeast is not for everyone.
I found this out too when I came here. That the 'don't mess with texas' was a campaign to reduce littering.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
What is arrogance is when I see people having t-shirts of "Don't mess with Texas" that is what is arrogance is lol. What does Texas has that is all that? Nothing. Cowboys, farms, Cows, etc... please Texas is not all that.

Another Northeastern ignorant stereotype. I've now visited five large Texas cities and they are indeed cities. There are probably more farms per capita in NY State than farms and cows in Texas! And I've been all over NY state, cow farms everywhere.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:52 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,489,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
You know nothing about my state nor have you ever been there. The don't mess with Texas was a little campaign. Nothing else. You hardly see any Cowboys in Texas and there are COWS in every state in America. Get over yourself. The Northeast is not for everyone.
Well, it was kind of funny how I saw a lot of people wearing them on my trip to Dallas.

Also, "everything is bigger in texas" shirt

Get over yourself. Texas is not for everyone

Old 05-28-2009, 12:52 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,468,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladt View Post
Another Northeastern ignorant stereotype. I've now visited five large Texas cities and they are indeed cities. There are probably more farms per capita in NY State than farms and cows in Texas! And I've been all over NY state, cow farms everywhere.
Texas has the highest amount of farmland out of any state.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:07 PM

925 posts, read 2,606,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
That's because of its extreme landmass. As a percentage, Texas is far surpassed in the area of cropland by Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, and a number of others. Texas has a lot of ranch land, as does Colorado, Wyoming, and states farther west.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:40 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,916,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Well, it was kind of funny how I saw a lot of people wearing them on my trip to Dallas.

Also, "everything is bigger in texas" shirt

Get over yourself. Texas is not for everyone
1) They were probably vacationers who bought them from some tourist trap store.
2) Some things are bigger in Texas, but that always isn't a bad thing, especially when considering the steaks, land size availability, and women (not completely bigger, but just certain body parts)

Old 05-28-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Texas is a HUGE State. That's why I said "per capita".

Old 05-28-2009, 02:11 PM

624 posts, read 905,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
I was not even talking to you.

First of all...I suggest you take a look at the definitions of Hurricanes and Tornadoesa. I was talking about TORNADOES!! And I never said tornadoes didn't hit the south. I just said that is not where the majority of them are. Every heard of tornado alley? It covers Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, the plain states like Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska. It also stretches into North Dakota, South Dakota and Missouri.

Please employ reading comprehension skills next time you try to tell me why I am wrong.
Don't stop at Missouri add Illinois, Indiana and Ohio. The mid-west has their fair share. Ice storms, mudslides, wild fires, earth quakes, hurricanes, blizzards, nor'easters, floods etc every region has its draw backs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City