Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 08:21 PM

536 posts, read 823,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I will think bright. High median house hold income of $93k, nice growth rate of 14%. I find it a very attractive city with decent density without feeling overwhelmed like NYC or Boston.

Columbia Mo
Bright.
Missouri's boomtown. Great college town. good location half way between KC and SL.

Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2022, 12:48 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,376,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb05f View Post
Bright.
Missouri's boomtown. Great college town. good location half way between KC and SL.

Tulsa, Oklahoma.
I'd say bright. Except for the 2010 Census(where the city of Tulsa population only fell 0.3%), it's grown at about 2% or more each of the last several decades. And it has a lot of the more desirable grocery stores and retail chains, to already build stores there(i.e. Trader Joe's, etc).

Stillwater, OK

Old 01-20-2022, 12:07 PM

12,915 posts, read 18,761,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'd say bright. Except for the 2010 Census(where the city of Tulsa population only fell 0.3%), it's grown at about 2% or more each of the last several decades. And it has a lot of the more desirable grocery stores and retail chains, to already build stores there(i.e. Trader Joe's, etc).

Stillwater, OK
Bright.

I read that it has a diverse economy including *aerospace, agribusiness, biotechnology, optoelectronics, printing and publishing, and software and standard manufacturing. And its **home to the main campus of Oklahoma State University. Also, the state in general is a growth state.

* and ** seen on Wikipedia

Charleston, SC

Old 01-20-2022, 01:41 PM

3,888 posts, read 2,202,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post
Bright.

I read that it has a diverse economy including *aerospace, agribusiness, biotechnology, optoelectronics, printing and publishing, and software and standard manufacturing. And its **home to the main campus of Oklahoma State University. Also, the state in general is a growth state.

* and ** seen on Wikipedia

Charleston, SC
Bright. The area's experiencing growth. Temple TX?

Old 01-20-2022, 01:56 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,212,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Temple should have a bright future, as it is convenient to Austin via I-35 with drastically more affordable housing. One of the country's largest army bases is also nearby and a reliable source of growth.

Green Bay, WI?

Old 01-20-2022, 01:56 PM

13 posts, read 9,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Never heard of it before, but based on it's proximity to Austin I'd say it most likely has a bright future. It does appear to be located near Fort Hood and from my experience military base towns can be a mixed bag. But I could see people getting priced out of Austin moving up there.

Greensboro, NC

Old 01-21-2022, 03:43 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,325,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfishdavis View Post
Never heard of it before, but based on it's proximity to Austin I'd say it most likely has a bright future. It does appear to be located near Fort Hood and from my experience military base towns can be a mixed bag. But I could see people getting priced out of Austin moving up there.

Greensboro, NC
Bright! I’d wager the low cost of living, central but accessible location in NC and charming downtown will continue to attract people and businesses at a modest, sustainable rate.

Detroit.

Old 01-21-2022, 06:15 PM

423 posts, read 303,945 times
Bleak. Even with the safe downtown Detroit still struggles with violent crime, and there is still a good amount of abandoned neighborhoods in the city.
Milwaukee.

Old 01-22-2022, 12:04 AM

212 posts, read 230,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliticsLover2003 View Post
Bleak. Even with the safe downtown Detroit still struggles with violent crime, and there is still a good amount of abandoned neighborhoods in the city.
Milwaukee.
Bright. I lived in Milwaukee for a month last August. I see the rougher neighborhoods as a plus—they can’t get much worse. All the vacant lots are opportunities for denser housing or gardens. Mlwke is a great as an affordable alternative to Chicago. Maybe the locals prefer to not have so many F.I.B.s moving there and I’m glad to have left since I was getting too comfortable enjoying the bike trails, parks, and lakefront. It’s still a pretty big city and there’s plenty of urban exploration to be had with room for improvement in the music and art scenes. I think it will be more exciting and lively there in five years or so

Independence, MO

Old 01-26-2022, 07:56 PM

3,888 posts, read 2,202,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannFrankenstein View Post
Bright. I lived in Milwaukee for a month last August. I see the rougher neighborhoods as a plus—they can’t get much worse. All the vacant lots are opportunities for denser housing or gardens. Mlwke is a great as an affordable alternative to Chicago. Maybe the locals prefer to not have so many F.I.B.s moving there and I’m glad to have left since I was getting too comfortable enjoying the bike trails, parks, and lakefront. It’s still a pretty big city and there’s plenty of urban exploration to be had with room for improvement in the music and art scenes. I think it will be more exciting and lively there in five years or so

Independence, MO
I'd say bright. Still experiencing job growth and low crime rate. Lincoln NB?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City