Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2020, 08:58 AM

90 posts, read 55,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Phoenix 199

https://communitycrimemap.com/

Select Jump to City: AZ-Phoenix
Now you know if Phoenix has 200 Murders, something is definitely wrong lol"

Ultimately we gotta blame the Pandemic for all this rise in crime that's going on everywhere.

I know America doesn't compare to other war torn countries around the world but St Louis, Baltimore, Detroit and New Orleans are ranked in the top 50 most dangerous cities in the world.

Something has to change fast !!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2020, 09:13 AM

1,676 posts, read 1,085,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg77 View Post
And I wonder what NYC boroughs have always pushed the Murder rate ? I'm thinking it used to be Manhattan because of the drug wars in Harlem and then the Bronx,
But I always hear about Brooklyn being the most dangerous area.
The Bronx, Brooklyn and Harlem have historically been the worst. Today, parts of Brooklyn, like Brownsville, are probably the most dangerous. Bed Stuy is not Bed Stuy of yesteryear but it's still bad. The Bronx unfortunately has areas that have been bad forever as well and continue to remain dangerous like Mott Haven, Hunts Point and Soundview.

Old 12-16-2020, 09:49 AM

2,655 posts, read 2,097,567 times
Quote:

Ultimately we gotta blame the Pandemic for all this rise in crime that's going on everywhere.

I know America doesn't compare to other war torn countries around the world but St Louis, Baltimore, Detroit and New Orleans are ranked in the top 50 most dangerous cities in the world.

Currently that would be St.Louis , Jackson, & Baltimore on the most " dangerous" list.

Old 12-16-2020, 09:51 AM

21,629 posts, read 12,754,191 times
Quote:
And I wonder what NYC boroughs have always pushed the Murder rate ? I'm thinking it used to be Manhattan because of the drug wars in Harlem and then the Bronx,
But I always hear about Brooklyn being the most dangerous area.
Historically Harlem, South Bronx and Southern Brooklyn. However in in 1990 just about nowhere in NYC was “safe” outside of maybe part of northern queens and most of Staten Island?

Old 12-16-2020, 11:43 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,862,153 times
Quote:

Phoenix is now up to 201.

Which is up about up about 70% in Seven Years

Suburbs:
No statistics for Glendale and Mesa.
Chandler has had 8
Maricopa County sheriff Juridiction has had 12
Scottsdale has had 9
Tempe has had 8
El Mirage has had 5
Goodyear 3
Gilbert 2
Gila River 2
Buckeye 4

The number is fairly high for Phoenix.

In '10, there was 116.
In '14, there was 116.

The recent homicide low for Phoenix was in '15 with 113 homicides

The total of as December 7th was 199 homicide. Since then two more homicides the links are below.

Which would mean Phoenix is at currently at 201 homicides.

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ph...-indian-school

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ph...-indian-school

Old 12-16-2020, 01:18 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,974,985 times
Quote:

It's a few things:

1. the pandemic shifting how the markets work
2. demoralized/don't give a damn police due to the defund movement
3. changes in policy/bail allowing for violent offenders to be released from jail, who then commit murders - maybe even completing what they didn't before

Now 2 and 3 can be semi-related because many in the defund police movement are the same ones who voted in the new judges allowing for violent offenders to be released.

Old 12-16-2020, 07:11 PM

1,846 posts, read 832,254 times
Dallas - 235 as of today + 15 justifiable/Negligent manslaughter. Was 194 on this day last year.
Arlington added one more today to make it 23. Shooting in the 700 Block of Buckskin Trl

Old 12-16-2020, 08:48 PM

2,655 posts, read 2,097,567 times
Jackson, MS - 124 / 77.5 per 100K

Old 12-16-2020, 10:07 PM

994 posts, read 780,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by councilor j View Post
Toledo Ohio is at 57 as of a few days ago. I may be wrong but I think all of Ohio’s biggest cities are having all time highs or nearing them.

Cleveland at 180
Rate, possibly. Total, no. Cleveland's all-time high was in the 300s.

I'm guessing Youngstown as well will not come close to its high of 60-70s per year numbers like in the mid 90s (that city was as close as you could come to for corruption ... probably 90 percent of money trading places had some dirt to it ... Pittsburgh/Cleveland mob still with a presence; drugs and guns being stashed from Jamaicans from New York and Philly as a halfway point; then local black crews who had immunity in clearing out said Jamaicans from eating the mob profits).

Old 12-17-2020, 12:28 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,194,898 times
As of Dec. 13, CPD counted 739 murders. Since then, only one person killed (a man found shot in Riverdale on Wednesday). For a city that has seen an average of 2 per day, that's a significant change in the right path, though it comes a little too late. The year still will end at a total that's a close second to 2016 high (769). However, at the same time, the amount of killing this month is a far cry from what it was 4 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City