Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2021, 02:37 PM

10,273 posts, read 14,760,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Macon, GA due to more masonry and density.

Spokane, WA or Salt Lake City, UT?
Salt Lake City, UT wins this one pretty easily, for me.

Salt Lake City has a super clean (squeaky clean lol) downtown and a beautiful setting against the mountains. The density is good, and getting better with several skyscrapers planned and under construction currently.

Tucson, AZ or Chattanooga, TN?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2021, 03:59 PM

9,788 posts, read 9,644,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Salt Lake City, UT wins this one pretty easily, for me.

Salt Lake City has a super clean (squeaky clean lol) downtown and a beautiful setting against the mountains. The density is good, and getting better with several skyscrapers planned and under construction currently.

Tucson, AZ or Chattanooga, TN?
Close call. The edge goes to Tucson based on larger buildings and height.

Knoxville, TN or Rockford, IL?

Old 05-25-2021, 08:07 PM

6,733 posts, read 12,280,035 times
Quote:
Close call. The edge goes to Tucson based on larger buildings and height.

Knoxville, TN or Rockford, IL?
I'll have to go with Knoxville on this one. Rockford just has a run down and depressing look.

Savannah, GA or Spokane, WA?

Old 05-25-2021, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I'll have to go with Knoxville on this one. Rockford just has a run down and depressing look.

Savannah, GA or Spokane, WA?
Agreed. I looked up Rockford now and thought it would have a better skyline. It looks super dated and low rising.

Spokane wins this one. It's on another level compared to Savannah. I like Savannah's, but it is lower rising and not as impressive.

New Orleans, LA or St Louis, MO?

Old 05-25-2021, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Agreed. I looked up Rockford now and thought it would have a better skyline. It looks super dated and low rising.

Spokane wins this one. It's on another level compared to Savannah. I like Savannah's, but it is lower rising and not as impressive.

New Orleans, LA or St Louis, MO?
New Orleans is more impressive based on the size and number of tall towers. It looks more like a 2 million plus downtown.

Sacramento, CA or San Antonio, TX?

Old 05-26-2021, 10:50 AM

Quote:
New Orleans is more impressive based on the size and number of tall towers. It looks more like a 2 million plus downtown.

Sacramento, CA or San Antonio, TX?
Definitely Sacramento, for me. It's more dense and looks much more seamless. San Antonio has tons of potential and should have a better skyline for its size. Hopefully we'll see more of a skyscraper boom there in the future.

Stamford, CT or Wilmington, DE?

Old 05-26-2021, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Definitely Sacramento, for me. It's more dense and looks much more seamless. San Antonio has tons of potential and should have a better skyline for its size. Hopefully we'll see more of a skyscraper boom there in the future.

Stamford is ok but Wilmington is prettier and has potential. It looks like a neighborhood in Philadelphia.

Tacoma, WA or Cincinnati, OH?

Old 05-26-2021, 12:32 PM

3,560 posts, read 3,504,509 times
Quote:

Wilmington, DE, between these 2. To me Wilmington looks more dense, and has a mix of old and new buildings that I like. Stamford's skyline doesn't seem as dense with some gaps between a few buildings, and is more dominated by modern buildings.

Two state capitols: Saint Paul, or Providence?

Old 05-27-2021, 09:00 AM

4,034 posts, read 2,342,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Wilmington, DE, between these 2. To me Wilmington looks more dense, and has a mix of old and new buildings that I like. Stamford's skyline doesn't seem as dense with some gaps between a few buildings, and is more dominated by modern buildings.

Two state capitols: Saint Paul, or Providence?
I prefer St. Paul. Looks like it has more bulk. Toledo or Dayton?

Old 05-27-2021, 09:37 AM

5,306 posts, read 6,195,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I prefer St. Paul. Looks like it has more bulk. Toledo or Dayton?
I'll take Dayton's skyline. Nothing against Toledo, Dayton feels bigger and is further along in its recovery. It's actually a pretty cool city that doesn't get a lot of attention on here.

Dayton OH or Fort Wayne IN?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City