Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Richmond, VA vs Tacoma, WA
Richmond, VA 45 46.88%
Tacoma, WA 52 54.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 06:10 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Point taken, but this typifies a pattern she has of slyly poking at Richmond...
I said nothing negative about Richmond. I was correcting the poster that stated that the South had nothing like the built environment Richmond has to offer. There are other places that are more urban and more dense such as New Orleans and Baltimore. Likewise, the examples I gave also disprove the poster's argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2016, 06:15 PM

Quote:
If your point is that Richmond has similarities with the above cities, you are correct.
I usually am.

Quote:
But Richmond definitely has a culture all its own, but you wouldn't know that, because you've never been here...
No one EVER said that it did not have it's own culture. You just believe that anything I post about Richmond is negative, which is a sign of insecurity. I have been to Richmond, and find it quite nice.

Quote:
Why do you bump old threads featuring Richmond? Thats three just today...
The last post was from 1/29/2016, hardly an old thread lol. For you to even comment on my posts, when they have absolutely nothing to do with you or contribute to the conversation is definitely troll-like behavior.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:37 PM

5,819 posts, read 5,622,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
I said nothing negative about Richmond. I was correcting the poster that stated that the South had nothing like the built environment Richmond has to offer. There are other places that are more urban and more dense such as New Orleans and Baltimore. Likewise, the examples I gave also disprove the poster's argument.
Point taken. New Orleans is not more dense than Richmond, though. It is arguable that it is more urban, but that's hardly a foregone conclusion. These matters were discussed in the RVA vs. NOLA thread...

Old 05-14-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Point taken. New Orleans is not more dense than Richmond, though. It is arguable that it is more urban, but that's hardly a foregone conclusion. These matters were discussed in the RVA vs. NOLA thread...
Why don't you think New Orleans is more dense and more urban than Richmond?

Old 05-15-2016, 06:41 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,737,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Pitt Ash View Post
Similar weather
That can't be right?

Old 05-15-2016, 11:50 AM

5,819 posts, read 5,622,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Why don't you think New Orleans is more dense and more urban than Richmond?
I think they're on the same scale. I learned alot about New Orleans in the Nola vs. Rich thread, and in the Nola/Rich/Bmore/Mke thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...rleans-la.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...w-orleans.html

New Orleans has the denser UA, Richmond has the larger UA. New Orleans has the denser metro, Richmond has the larger metro. Richmond city is denser than New Orleans city. These are facts...

New Orleans was once a much larger city, so it has the bones and being of a denser and more urban city, I'd believe. Aside from these, New Orleans and Rich have comparable densities within the cores; New Orleans likely has it over a larger area (I haven't checked), but Richmond has higher peak densities than Nola. Structurally, while built differently, they are both built up magnificently within the cores, and both offer an array of mixed use and residential architecture in different forms. New Orleans has far larger tourism and its pedestrian traffic certainly benefits from that, although I'm sure there is street activity that is locally-driven as well. Richmond doesn't have large tourism, so its street activity is almost entirely local, and is very active and thriving. New Orleans has more internationally and nationally renowned events and culture, but Richmond is not light on either of these, its just light on the tourism boost. Overall, I've come away believing that Nola is probably more urban by the slightest of margins. These two cities are a lot closer in scale, though, than they are apart...

Why do you think New Orleans is denser and more urban than Richmond?

Old 05-16-2016, 12:41 AM

977 posts, read 1,010,894 times
I don't know about Richmond but Tacoma the northern end along the water has gorgeous old homes, very picturesque. It's on the water with great views of the water and mount Rainer. There a new development called point Ruston and there's all these cool local restaurants, shops, apartments, amenities, etc. along the water it really cool Google it if your interested. Downtown Tacoma is very clean but small. But besides the north end Tacoma is pretty ghetto. But the north end it great, would recommend anyone to move to there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City