Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Richmond, VA vs Tacoma, WA
Richmond, VA 45 46.88%
Tacoma, WA 52 54.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 12:18 PM

1,537 posts, read 1,911,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapper23 View Post
Tacoma is beautiful and has a lot of fun things to do, however, after living in Seattle for a while, it is very apparent that Seattleites (or east-siders) don't care much for Tacoma.
Yeah, one of the reasons I never took a look at the city in the past is because the people I knew from Seattle made it out to be a hellhole. Apparently Portland is too cool for them as well. Tacoma's attempt at getting people in Pdx to come visit just got a snarky article in the WW newspaper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 12:54 PM

591 posts, read 819,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Pitt Ash View Post
Yeah, one of the reasons I never took a look at the city in the past is because the people I knew from Seattle made it out to be a hellhole. Apparently Portland is too cool for them as well. Tacoma's attempt at getting people in Pdx to come visit just got a snarky article in the WW newspaper.
Yeah, Tacoma is incredibly underrated. If it wasn't such close proximity to Seattle, it would grow to become a nationally recognized city.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapper23 View Post
Yeah, Tacoma is incredibly underrated. If it wasn't such close proximity to Seattle, it would grow to become a nationally recognized city.
I think it will keep growing as people get priced out of Seattle & (now) Portland. They say Vancouver is the next place, but personally I don't see it.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:28 PM

54 posts, read 65,662 times
Here is a design sponge article featuring the best way to spend 24 hours in Richmond; I must say it sounds like a great day!

24 Hours in Richmond, VA | Design*Sponge

Old 10-25-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammalian View Post
Here is a design sponge article featuring the best way to spend 24 hours in Richmond; I must say it sounds like a great day!

24 Hours in Richmond, VA | Design*Sponge
Interesting read. Hadn't noticed that one before. It is hard to believe that the population isn't higher.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:00 AM

Nice vid that shows off Tacoma's bones:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtCvUJcFUXA

Old 04-24-2016, 02:37 AM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I was just google mapping Tacoma, it does look like it has a bit more urban than I had imagined. Might be interesting.

Here is a good google map location to look for with Richmond: Careytown, The Fan, etc. in that area. Cary Street is a good starting focus on google maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.5546...8i6656!6m1!1e1

I don't know what Richmond would be like to live in, but it certainly has some interesting bones and characteristics, that would definitely be lacking anywhere else in the South. Yeah, Knoxville definitely lacks anything like it.
Visit Savannah Georgia! The Official Travel & Tourism Guide to Savannah GA: Find Hotels, Bed & Breakfasts, Vacation Rentals, Golf, Events, Restaurants & Real Estate

New Orleans Official Tourism Web Site - New Orleans Online

Louisville Events and Kentucky Tourism Information : GoToLouisville.com Official Travel Source

Visit Baltimore | Official Travel Website for Baltimore Maryland

Charleston, SC | Official Site for Charleston Vacations & Charleston Tourism | Charleston Area CVB

Old 04-24-2016, 11:26 AM

5,819 posts, read 5,622,386 times
If your point is that Richmond has similarities with the above cities, you are correct. But Richmond definitely has a culture all its own, but you wouldn't know that, because you've never been here...

Why do you bump old threads featuring Richmond? Thats three just today...

Old 04-24-2016, 11:44 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,737,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
If your point is that Richmond has similarities with the above cities, you are correct. But Richmond definitely has a culture all its own, but you wouldn't know that, because you've never been here...

Why do you bump old threads featuring Richmond? Thats three just today...
No, I think Shekeesa has an elite knowledge of the south's urban cities and neighborhoods. To say Richmond is the only southern city with great urban bones is being ignorant of a half dozen other places.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:25 PM

5,819 posts, read 5,622,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
No, I think Shekeesa has an elite knowledge of the south's urban cities and neighborhoods. To say Richmond is the only southern city with great urban bones is being ignorant of a half dozen other places.
Point taken, but this typifies a pattern she has of slyly poking at Richmond...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City