Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Chicago or DC: Which city is faster-paced?
Chicago 145 60.92%
DC 93 39.08%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 05:50 PM

314 posts, read 422,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
As overrated as higher salaries and housing costs! There is a reason why the east coast is more desirable than the midwest.
Desirability is subjective; just because you feel it's more desirable doesn't make it so. Not to mention it's completely off topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 06:17 PM

Quote:
How am I insecure when I live in arguably the most important city in the free world?
This is absolutely hilarious on so many levels. Arguably the most important how? Because the federal government operates there? You do realize this job could be done almost anywhere, don't you? Unlike the "corn crowd" that you love to trash, DC produces almost nothing of economic value. The fact that your self worth is dependent on the city you reside in is a sad commentary.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:02 PM

Quote:
I don't understand why you HARVEST such hatred for DC? I think you should stop because I have millions of Midwest corn jokes i can lob at you. LOL
You can crack CORNY jokes all day, but it doesn't change the fact that corn (and the farming industry in general) is essential to the U.S. economy; not to mention foreign markets. Unlike DC, the Midwest actually produces something of economic value. There's a reason why your beloved bureaucrats in Washington subsidize corn with billions of tax payers' dollars; even when it's not needed.

I guess I have to be the one to break it to you, but Chicago doesn't produce corn. Obviously DC public education has failed you. The Chicago metro area is, however, the third richest in the country; one notch above DC. Once again, your ignorance on C-D has reined you in. Congrats

Old 04-29-2016, 12:41 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,154,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC1980 View Post
This is absolutely hilarious on so many levels. Arguably the most important how? Because the federal government operates there? You do realize this job could be done almost anywhere, don't you? Unlike the "corn crowd" that you love to trash, DC produces almost nothing of economic value. The fact that your self worth is dependent on the city you reside in is a sad commentary.
If you don't think DC is arguably the most important city in the free world, then i dont know how to explain it to you. Stop trying to discount the Feds.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:46 AM

Quote:
You can crack CORNY jokes all day, but it doesn't change the fact that corn (and the farming industry in general) is essential to the U.S. economy; not to mention foreign markets. Unlike DC, the Midwest actually produces something of economic value. There's a reason why your beloved bureaucrats in Washington subsidize corn with billions of tax payers' dollars; even when it's not needed.

I guess I have to be the one to break it to you, but Chicago doesn't produce corn. Obviously DC public education has failed you. The Chicago metro area is, however, the third richest in the country; one notch above DC. Once again, your ignorance on C-D has reined you in. Congrats
Now who's being delusional? Chicago isn't richer than DC. The DC area boasts 6 or 7 of the top 10 richest counties in the country.

Forbes Welcome

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...nties-are-aro/

Old 04-29-2016, 12:47 AM

2,190 posts, read 2,231,152 times
Quote:
If you don't think DC is arguably the most important city in the free world, then i dont know how to explain it to you. Stop trying to discount the Feds.
The Feds might live in D.C. but the money is in NYC. NYC is the center of world finance and hedge funds headquartered there control many of the worlds companies. NYC is also the headquarters of the UN. D.C. may be the capital of the US but I would argue that NYC is the capital of the world.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Desirability is subjective; just because you feel it's more desirable doesn't make it so. Not to mention it's completely off topic.
It's more desirable because people pay a premium to live in certain cities on the east coast. Compare the housing prices on the east coast's top cities to Chicago and you will see the difference.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
The Feds might live in D.C. but the money is in NYC. NYC is the center of world finance and hedge funds headquartered there control many of the worlds companies. NYC is also the headquarters of the UN. D.C. may be the capital of the US but I would argue that NYC is the capital of the world.
That's why i said arguably. Actually the money is in NY and DC. The feds bailed out the banks. If the US runs into a problem with Russia or China or North Korea, decisions will come from DC.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:15 AM

3,530 posts, read 4,172,482 times
Quote:
That's why i said arguably. Actually the money is in NY and DC. The feds bailed out the banks. If the US runs into a problem with Russia or China or North Korea, decisions will come from DC.
From a President from Chicago...

Old 04-29-2016, 06:29 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,956,241 times
Quote:
Now who's being delusional? Chicago isn't richer than DC. The DC area boasts 6 or 7 of the top 10 richest counties in the country.

Forbes Welcome

Scott Walker says most of the 10 richest counties are around Washington, D.C. | PolitiFact Wisconsin
I see a BALTIMORE METRO county (Howard) made the list.

Last edited by KodeBlue; 04-29-2016 at 07:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City