Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 02:43 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,727,876 times

Advertisements

NO, I'm not kidding. If he is okay in Dallas then he should stay there. His money will only run out faster here and Los Angeles is not that great. If you care about staying up with fashion and being cool by spending money you don't have, than come to L.A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 05:21 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
It's easier to get to some places in SoCal by leaving from DFW airport and going to the appropriate SoCal airport than it is to drive the distance on LA freeways...

Old 12-11-2007, 05:31 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,451,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
It's easier to get to some places in SoCal by leaving from DFW airport and going to the appropriate SoCal airport than it is to drive the distance on LA freeways...
It sounds like an extreme exaggeration but its kind of true. Its me taken 3+ hours to get from the San Fernando Valley to Orange County. I remember thinking that the same amount of time on a plane could have taken me to Dallas, Chicago, St. Louis, etc.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:35 PM

43 posts, read 189,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
Furthermore, the cities are similar in regards to weather (Dallas is hotter though)
I lived in Central Texas for 4 years. This statement is not true at all. Dallas is absurdly hot and humid in the Summer, colder in the Winter (it even ices & snows there on occassion) and probably 3 times as much rain falls during the year. Dallas gets tornadoes and hailstorms, which are basically unknown in Los Angeles (or very very rare). LA gets hot on occassion, but rarely is humid, and is much more pleasant from a weather perspective.

I have friends still in Dallas, and they were complaining last summer (or the summer before) about something like 40+ days IN A ROW of 100+ temperatures (and humidity). That doesn't happen in LA.

(Although I do like the warm summer nights in Dallas... LA is definitely cooler at night.)

Old 12-12-2007, 04:35 PM

1 posts, read 7,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVMan View Post
(Although I do like the warm summer nights in Dallas... LA is definitely cooler at night.)
Dallas is definitely warmer. Hot make me crazy.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:14 PM

723 posts, read 2,999,240 times
Dallas has all the worst aspects of Los Angeles, and none of the pluses.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:02 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,289,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSparrow View Post
Thats not true... We have cheaper land, and a smaller metro (which is a plus and a negative). we have BETTER SCHOOLS, as you see we own not only the number 1 school in the nation but the number 2 as well.
The cost of living is not as high, a dollar is worth a dollar here. In LA a dollar is worth 50 cents...and anyways when the ice caps are done melting... where will all the people from LA, NY,Houston, Miami, DC, and Seattle go?
I can understand liking LA better, that is totally natural for someone to take their city over everyone else's (or at least on here it is ) but honestly, you seem to hate Dallas for being Dallas...

as for Dallas being warmer... yes...its also colder ... our high was 38 today

LA and Dallas have its advantages,and their downfalls. Its hard to say one city is better or superior to another... Except Dallas and Houston we go at it all day....

Old 12-13-2007, 12:03 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSparrow View Post
Never been to Dallas, but that is a perfect description of Phoenix.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:35 AM

723 posts, read 2,999,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Never been to Dallas, but that is a perfect description of Phoenix.
A lot of places wish to be Los Angeles.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:25 PM

580 posts, read 1,681,126 times
Some people told me Dallas is a junkyard, I still dont believe it. Although I do see the dislikes about the city. Than on the other hand I heard LA is a city for the ill, I asked for a better explanation. Simply said, many citizens rome around with *cough *cough... know it not. I didn't believe that either but when I visit LA just about every major store I walked into... it wasnt hard for me to run into sick people at all. Literally at one store I ran into 3 sick people... and they were touching all over the products that they werent even going to buy. So I see where my friends got that meth of LA from. I would advise you to not stay in Dallas nor LA. Since it seems like your looking for diversity I think you may like Sacramento, Ca or San Diego which have the Texas and California feeling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City