Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 10:49 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,630,536 times

Advertisements

Which city has the best all around nightlife? (Bars, entertainment districts, nightclubs, strip clubs, lounges, etc)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 10:55 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
San Francisco is the best all around.

Between Dallas and Houston, it depends on your taste.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:00 AM

215 posts, read 379,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
San Francisco is the best all around.

Between Dallas and Houston, it depends on your taste.
Dallas and Houston are both horrible with their ugly women! Yuck!

Old 01-23-2014, 11:11 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lunatic & A Therapist View Post
Dallas and Houston are both horrible with their ugly women! Yuck!
Well, I've seen very beautiful women in both Dallas and Houston and we shouldn't throw stones while standing in glass houses, I'm just saying.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:02 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
I'm sensing a pattern here.

Old 01-23-2014, 01:26 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
Which city has the best all around nightlife? (Bars, entertainment districts, nightclubs, strip clubs, lounges, etc)
I think the better questions to ask would be what are you gay or straight? Are you White or Asian?

The nightlife in SF is geared more towards homosexuals, Whites, & Asians while the nightlife in Dallas & Houston offers something for everyone...straight, gay, bi, White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, or what ever.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:48 PM

1,108 posts, read 2,287,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I think the better questions to ask would be what are you gay or straight? Are you White or Asian?

The nightlife in SF is geared more towards homosexuals, Whites, & Asians while the nightlife in Dallas & Houston offers something for everyone...straight, gay, bi, White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, or what ever.
What are you basing this on? SF has a good amount of nightlife geared towards Hispanics (remember, the Bay Area has an equal % of Hispanics as it does Asians - both are about 24% - and people come from all over the Bay Area to party in SF), straights, and bisexual people as well. It has some nightlife geared towards Black people, although certainly less than Dallas or Houston. Although, Oakland is literally a 5 or 10 minute drive away and has very good nightlife geared towards Black people.

I really don't see many advantages for Dallas or Houston if you really want to superficially segment nightlife by race/ethnicity (I think segmenting it by class is more interesting - and SF runs the gamut there). If anything, because SF and especially the Bay Area as a whole is far more diverse than Houston or Dallas, you're more likely to party with a more diverse group of people.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:26 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,657,106 times
Men and women in any of the major CA metros--yes, even Sacramento--are better looking overall than most people in Houston, Austin, and San Antonio. That said, there are quite a few good-looking people in Dallas, most likely because many of the transplants in DFW are either from the Midwest or the Southern California/Arizona area. A lot of native Texan women, especially in Dallas, tend to appear attractive only because they cake on the makeup. Many women in Dallas also tan frequently and have bleached blonde or some other variant of unnaturally colored hair. However, I must say tattoos and odd piercings are less common in the TX cities than the CA cities, except, of course, Austin.

With regard to nightlife, obviously San Francisco takes the cake on this one, but that goes without saying. Houston's nightlife scene is definitely the most ghetto, no question. In my experience, Houston's nightlife reminds me somewhat of Atlanta's with fewer gold-diggers, pretentious people, and industry wannabes. Of course, Dallas' nightlife scene is the most materialistic and pretentious. I thought Scottsdale, AZ was ground zero for the $30k millionaire, then I went to Dallas.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:03 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
^^*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by orzo View Post
What are you basing this on? SF has a good amount of nightlife geared towards Hispanics (remember, the Bay Area has an equal % of Hispanics as it does Asians - both are about 24% - and people come from all over the Bay Area to party in SF), straights, and bisexual people as well. It has some nightlife geared towards Black people, although certainly less than Dallas or Houston. Although, Oakland is literally a 5 or 10 minute drive away and has very good nightlife geared towards Black people.

I really don't see many advantages for Dallas or Houston if you really want to superficially segment nightlife by race/ethnicity (I think segmenting it by class is more interesting - and SF runs the gamut there). If anything, because SF and especially the Bay Area as a whole is far more diverse than Houston or Dallas, you're more likely to party with a more diverse group of people.
Eh. I agree with you except that last part. I don't think the Bay Area is that far more diverse.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:09 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8to32characters View Post
Men and women in any of the major CA metros--yes, even Sacramento--are better looking overall than most people in Houston, Austin, and San Antonio. That said, there are quite a few good-looking people in Dallas, most likely because many of the transplants in DFW are either from the Midwest or the Southern California/Arizona area. A lot of native Texan women, especially in Dallas, tend to appear attractive only because they cake on the makeup. Many women in Dallas also tan frequently and have bleached blonde or some other variant of unnaturally colored hair. However, I must say tattoos and odd piercings are less common in the TX cities than the CA cities, except, of course, Austin.

With regard to nightlife, obviously San Francisco takes the cake on this one, but that goes without saying. Houston's nightlife scene is definitely the most ghetto, no question. In my experience, Houston's nightlife reminds me somewhat of Atlanta's with fewer gold-diggers, pretentious people, and industry wannabes. Of course, Dallas' nightlife scene is the most materialistic and pretentious. I thought Scottsdale, AZ was ground zero for the $30k millionaire, then I went to Dallas.
You don't think there's a lot of Cali. transplants in Austin or Houston? Just Dallas?

I take it you've only been to Dallas & neither of the other two then.

Houston is a quirky city (some say more so than Austin) you'll run into all walks of life there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City