Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2010, 08:36 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Not all of Miami's clubs are filled with douchebags. There are laid-back areas of South Florid OUTSIDE of Miami Beach, where it's just beer, live music, and rock bands and stuff like that. People watch too much "Reality" TV.

For real man...lol....Miami has a lot more going on then techno clubs and people rolling on X pills....There are regular bars and billiards type of places and clubs or bars that are based on certain cultures. It's not all South Beach style places even though those places get all the fame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 08:43 PM

Don't sleep on Orlando man...Orange Ave, Church Street, Wall street, are all pretty packed and full of clubs and bars. People who have never been to the city of Orlando wouldn't know about the true nightlife. They only think there is City-walk, I-drive, and Downtown Disney for nightlife choices....They obviously haven't been to the city of Orlando. Orlando has a bunch of clubs/bars downtown and some spread in different areas of the city too.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:45 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,180,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
To be honest I would never go to a club that didn't let everyone in. That culture is totally anathama to me. I grew up in Minneapolis punk and funk scene of the '80s where the vibe was "let's throw a party, everyone is invited". I like my parties egalatarian.
Theres places like that in Miami as well. You can't just generalize and be like "all of the clubs in Miami are where the douches go".

Old 08-23-2010, 08:49 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,808,212 times
Fair enough.

Most of what I know about Miami nightlife comes from a friend of mine from there who moved away because she didn't like it and club photos I have seen on some other websites that were supposed to impress me but did the opposite. Those probably aren't the most objective sources.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
Fair enough.

Most of what I know about Miami nightlife comes from a friend of mine from there who moved away because she didn't like it and club photos I have seen on some other websites that were supposed to impress me but did the opposite. Those probably aren't the most objective sources.

I hear ya man about those places that decide whether they let you in or not. I hate those kinds of places too, but there are lots of other options in Miami. I personally just like a nice bar with karaoke or pool tables with average joes when I go out.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:13 PM

77 posts, read 200,224 times
1. New York
2. Miami
3. Los Angeles
4. Chicago
5. Las Vegas
6. San Francisco
7. New Orleans
8. Atlanta
9. Boston
10. Dallas/Philadelphia

Seattle, Tampa, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Houston, San Diego, and Austin are worth mentioning as well.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:02 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,180,281 times
^ Nice post.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:11 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,867,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malfunction View Post
Obviously, Las Vegas would be at the top of the list. Then you'd have New York City, Dallas, Miami, and Los Angeles.
dallas?? really?? more so than austin?? i got plenty of friends that moved from dallas to austin for this reason.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:55 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migol84 View Post
dallas?? really?? more so than austin?? i got plenty of friends that moved from dallas to austin for this reason.
No matter what anyone tells you; Austin does not touch Houston or Dallas when it comes to the variety of nightlife options.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:01 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by San Fran Babe View Post
1. New York
2. Miami
3. Los Angeles
4. Chicago
5. Las Vegas
6. San Francisco
7. New Orleans
8. Atlanta
9. Boston
10. Dallas/Philadelphia

Seattle, Tampa, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Houston, San Diego, and Austin are worth mentioning as well.
Just my opinion, but I think Orlando beats Tampa in night life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City