Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which climate do you prefer?
Chicago 41 39.42%
Seattle 63 60.58%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 05:35 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,735,861 times

Advertisements

Those of you who were so quick to choose Seattle's weather over Chicago might want to check out the link below. As of a couple days ago, Seattle went 41 consecutive days without an official sunny day! No thanks!

Seattle at 41 days (and counting) since last official sunny day | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News | Weather Blog

And I'm sorry, but it's a gross exaggeration that summers in Chicago are oppressively hot and humid. Does it get that way? It sure does, but the average high during July is only 84 degrees. I can think of a lot more places with worse summers. That said, I voted for Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 06:12 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,286,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
nobody is talking about year round weather, we are talking about the summer months.
But this thread isn't about just the summer.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:20 PM

1,717 posts, read 4,648,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Those of you who were so quick to choose Seattle's weather over Chicago might want to check out the link below. As of a couple days ago, Seattle went 41 consecutive days without an official sunny day! No thanks!
Which is total bull****. I live here. And while it was an unusually wet winter, those numbers are simply not true.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:43 PM

994 posts, read 1,830,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
Which is total bull****. I live here. And while it was an unusually wet winter, those numbers are simply not true.
According to the comments after the article, from what mostly appear to be Seattle residents, it doesn't look like bs. Looks like people are fed up.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:59 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,736,031 times
I'm actually planning to move not too far from Seattle to get away from all the sunshine here in Middle TN! Well, that and a million other reasons.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:10 AM

1,581 posts, read 2,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
According to the comments after the article, from what mostly appear to be Seattle residents, it doesn't look like bs. Looks like people are fed up.
I actually Love the weather in Seattle. Ill take a cold wet winter over a below freezing winter anyday. And Seattle summers are the best when i vacation I do in the winter because I love the Seattle summers. I have not owned a winter coat in several years .

Old 04-12-2011, 11:10 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,735,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
Hey....don't shoot the messenger A friend who lives in Seattle sent the link to me and I thought this thread was an appropriate place to post it, wouldn't you agree?

So you are saying that the article isn't true, even though it was written by a meteorologist from a Seattle news station? Hmmmmm........given the whining my friend does about the weather up there, I'd say the author is pretty spot on.

Here's another the same friend sent me last week. Are you also going to say that it didn't rain on 24 out of 31 days in March, too?

24 days of rain in March - Seattle News - MyNorthwest.com

Old 04-12-2011, 11:36 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Hey....don't shoot the messenger A friend who lives in Seattle sent the link to me and I thought this thread was an appropriate place to post it, wouldn't you agree?

So you are saying that the article isn't true, even though it was written by a meteorologist from a Seattle news station? Hmmmmm........given the whining my friend does about the weather up there, I'd say the author is pretty spot on.

Here's another the same friend sent me last week. Are you also going to say that it didn't rain on 24 out of 31 days in March, too?

24 days of rain in March - Seattle News - MyNorthwest.com
True this is the wetest spring we have had in twenty years . But because of La Nina the spring will be wet and the summer this year is supposed to be very dry . This spring is not the normal as will the very sunny dry summer were supposed to get either. If it was up to me I would take year around mild weather .

Old 04-13-2011, 11:13 AM

5,509 posts, read 11,872,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
Spring

Summer

Fall

Winter
I don't get it.....are you proving my point or trying to disprove my point? It would have been easier to tell any differences or similarities if you had used the same shot for each "season".

Old 11-11-2011, 11:06 PM

2 posts, read 4,422 times
I've lived in Seattle for years, and the weather is miserable. I'd take cold with some sunshine every time over grey skies for weeks and weeks on end. Also, the last two winters in Seattle have been awful and very, very long. Summer is glorious, but it only lasts for 2 months. Chicago, hands down, which is why I'm moving there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City