Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2011, 03:58 AM

10 posts, read 21,351 times

Advertisements

Dallas for University of Texas at Dallas
or
Orlando for Webster university

Comparision includes:

Life style
Job opportunities
Weather
Living and housing expenses
Community
University

Thank you all in Adnace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 07:03 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,074,865 times
Why are you even considering Webster University?

Old 03-20-2011, 07:21 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,106,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goody_000 View Post
Dallas for University of Texas at Dallas
or
Orlando for Webster university
University of Texas at Dallas, that's the one I would pick if I had to between these two options.
Quote:
Comparision includes:

Life style
Dallas.

Dallas is a big city, and it feels that way, it acts that way, and it is that way. The perks that come with a big city would be things like big city amenities, more variety of people, and more destinations by airfare, more variety in dining, things like that.

Orlando is fine, but it is significantly smaller than Dallas. And Dallas is in a metro it shares with its twin city of Fort Worth, polar opposite cities and each appeal in different ways. So you get two cities in one metro, and of course a lot of mega sized suburbs like Arlington, Plano, Irving, Grapevine, Richardson, Denton, and more.
Quote:
Comparision includes:

Job opportunities
Dallas easily. No questions need to be asked here.
Quote:
Comparision includes:

Weather
If you want a milder winter then Orlando is a better option than Dallas, both places get hot and humid so if you don't like that then neither would be a good pick.
Quote:
Comparision includes:

Living and housing expenses
About the same, really. Both are affordable but have their high priced sections.
Quote:
Comparision includes:

Community
Personally I have nothing against Orlando, its becoming a big city and its region is reaching 3 Million people but I do think if you want a more cosmopolitan (diverse) city then its definitely Dallas. Dallas is more diverse and cosmopolitan than Orlando or Fort Worth.

If you want laid back and charming type of culture and friendly people more so, then Fort Worth (Dallas's twin city to the West) or Orlando foot the bill in this department.
Quote:
Comparision includes:

University
Alright lets take a look at these two schools:

University of Texas at Dallas:
- Total Undergrads: 10,648
- Acceptance Rate: 50%

For Bachelor's Degrees
- Business/Marketing: 31%
- Biology: 11%
- Interdisciplinary Studies: 11%
- Psychology: 9%
- Engineering: 7%
- Social Sciences: 7%
- Visual and Performing Arts: 7%
- Computer and Information Sciences: 5%

Source: College Search - University of Texas at Dallas - UTD - At a Glance

Webster University:
- Total Undergrads: Data N/A
- Acceptance Rate: Data N/A

For Bachelor's Degrees
- Data N/A

No offense to anyone here or anything but yeah I would defffffinitely go with University of Texas at Dallas over Webster University at Orlando. I "tried" looking it up, and quite frankly it doesn't come remotely close as UT-Dallas, at all.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:14 AM

Thank you so much Dannny .. Thats what I wanted to hear

Old 03-20-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
Why are you even considering Webster University?

I do not know if it is good but it does not really give me a good impression the only reason is its many locations around the states and Euorpe so in case i wanted to change location it would be easy from me. I have no other reason and yeah i think this is not enough to consider it .. Thanks anyways
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City