Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 04:35 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinbama View Post
Austin and Oakland are actually quite expensive. I would make my vote for Knoxville, TN. It is a little smaller than u were looking for, but the city proper pop. Is around 200,000. There is the University of TN in town which means a lot of places cater to broke college students. You can find $2 pints almost any night of the week along with $3 margaritas, half price appetizers and sushi, and animal hour at many places on the UT strip with 1$ beers between certain hours. It has a very dense and vibrant downtown where a lot of interesting ppl live. The weather is nice with 4 seasons for sure. It is very close to the mountains and national parks and like 4 hours from the beach. The unemployment rate is also low at 6.1%. I bought a fully renovated foreclosure near downtown for $30,000 too. Knoxvegas is the **** any way you look at it

I lived in Oakland CA once , and it's certainly not a BUDGET CITY..
, but it is one of the MOST UNDER RATED CITIES IN AMERICA....
and "Knoxville and Chattanoga could work" as Budget Cities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 04:40 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRain View Post
You might as well move to Boston and rent a room rather than pay for a full apartment in Austin. Thats my take on the situation.

Portland is my pick for a budget city or at least a very quality one. Rents arent the cheapest, but nightlife can be depending on where you go.

Been to PORTLAND , and it's not BUDGET...on the WEST COAST
try SACRAMENTO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City