Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 04:01 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
the cold thing is really pointless now especially when you look at cnn last winter seeing people in Orlando shiver to death while talking to the camera man in 30 degree weather. my brothers in Florida tell me the cold has struck down their.
But that's not the norm. Like here in Texas, we've had SEVERAL upper 70's/80's days in November and December. And it usually starts gettin' cold three weeks before Thanxgivin', but I can count the number of REAL cold days on one hand this time....

Old 12-19-2010, 04:06 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,406,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
But that's not the norm. Like here in Texas, we've had SEVERAL upper 70's/80's days in November and December. And it usually starts gettin' cold three weeks before Thanxgivin', but I can count the number of REAL cold days on one hand this time....
well i love the mixture of weather up north(gives happiness to my clothing ). people say they cant stand the cold as if its all year round. . new york city is cold cold for usually only 4 months out of the year. december, January , February, and march.

April, may , October, November are normal and when i say normal its not cold or freezing and you don't have to wear a large coat.

June , July , august, September, and the parts of may are very hot/warm

Old 12-19-2010, 04:12 PM
JJG

Quote:
well i love the mixture of weather up north(gives happiness to my clothing ). people say they cant stand the cold as if its all year round. . new york city is cold cold for usually only 4 months out of the year. december, January , February, and march.

April, may , October, November are normal and when i say normal its not cold or freezing and you don't have to wear a large coat.

June , July , august, September, and the parts of may are very hot/warm
Just to tell ya about your weather, when I was up there this past SUMMER, it got down to the 40's a couple days.....

Never seen that.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Just to tell ya about your weather, when I was up there this past SUMMER, it got down to the 40's a couple days.....

Never seen that.
/??? not in new york city. i know for a fact it never even reached the 50s as a low in a summer day in a nyc summer. you must of went somewhere deep upstate or new england. Not nyc. or jersey, or philly.

summers in nyc go as high past 100 degrees. 40 degree weather? has to be maine.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:15 PM
JJG

Quote:
/??? not in new york city. i know for a fact it never even reached the 50s as a low in a summer day in a nyc summer. you must of went somewhere deep upstate or new england. Not nyc. or jersey, or philly.
Yeah, it was Upstate..... but hey, that's still Northeast. Besides, just like the South has a stigma of being hot ALL the time, the North has that same thing about being cold ALL the time.

Doesn't mean it's true, but sometimes it does feel like it....

Old 12-19-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it was Upstate..... but hey, that's still Northeast. Besides, just like the South has a stigma of being hot ALL the time, the North has that same thing about being cold ALL the time.

Doesn't mean it's true, but sometimes it does feel like it....
must of been upstate because their are part of upstate that 6 hours away from nyc. nyc summers are extremely hot. skin peeling of hot

Old 12-19-2010, 04:33 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,810,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2 View Post
NORTHEAST - the most educated, the most affluent, the lowest diabetes rates, lowest unemployment rate, lowest forclosure rate, healthiest, the lowest suicide rates, the lowest rate of obesity, the lowest rate of crime, the highest output.
Lowest crime?!? What are you smoking?

Minnesota beats most of the northeast on most of these numbers, has better public schools and a lower cost of living. Plus Minneapolis is as progressive and cultured as any city in the US. I'm origionally from the northeast btw. The northeast is insular in weird ways, because a lot of people there think it is the center of the world they don't take the time to find what else is out there.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:35 PM

10,012 posts, read 15,659,151 times
Thread closed.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:35 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,791,639 times
Now its done, Prostate examination on city data
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City