Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 01:48 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,350,211 times

Advertisements

DC is a southern city

Old 12-19-2010, 01:51 PM
DC2

7 posts, read 24,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimms3 View Post
Is this why the Northeast and Upper Midwest are bleeding population? Namely their most educated people and middle to upper middle families? Hmmmm, strokes chin. Atlanta is actually one of the most educated and wealthiest cities in the country. Raleigh is pretty much *the* most educated city in the country. Atl, Dallas, Houston, Austin, SA, Nashville, Charlotte, RDU, Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, and Greenville, SC are exploding in population and immigration into the SE is also exploding. The better climate certainly helps.

Parts of PA and NY and western Mass are just as poor and ugly as MS, AL, and LA. The South is also fatter because of cultural food differences (which clearly does not signify a lack of culture there).
Actually, the NE dominates the US when it comes to "upper middle class" and wealth. Nearly all of the richest areas in the country are in the east which continues to solidify its wealth dominance with explosion of finance and government employment. What does the south have? You might to check your stats. Would a Harvard grad ever set foot in the south? LOL.

The South is all about diabetes, poverty, illiteracy, obesity, crime. Not a good place..just a good place for materialistic working class families to run to to buy big homes since they can't afford them in the east. Then along comes the high foreclosure rates as the South dominates when it comes to that. The Northeast has the lowest rate of foreclosure because it's dominated by smart people while the South attracts poor trash. The most dangerous and fattest region in the United States.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:54 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
What a classy thread...

TROLL THREAD SHUTDOWN IN 5, 4, 3, 2....

Old 12-19-2010, 01:56 PM

1,937 posts, read 4,711,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2 View Post
Actually, the NE dominates the US when it comes to "upper middle class" and wealth. Nearly all of the richest areas in the country are in the east continues to solidify its dominance in wealth with the explosion of finance and government employment. You might to check your stats. Would a Harvard grad ever set foot in the south? LOL.

The South is all about diabetes, poverty, illiteracy, obesity, crime. Not a good place..just a good place for materialistic working class families to run to to buy big homes since they can't afford them in the east. Then along comes the high foreclosure rates as the South dominates when it comes to that. The Northeast has the lowest rate of foreclosure because it's dominated by smart people while the South attracts poor trash.

You my friend, are about as ignorant as they come.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:57 PM
DC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
DC is a southern city
No it is not. If you called anyone here a Southerner to our face, you'd probably get knocked out.

That's probably the most offensive insult someone can level to a Washingtonian.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:58 PM

1,937 posts, read 4,711,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
I couldn't agree more!

The South is just a burden for our nation. But I do think some places in the south like NC, FL, and TX are important. The rest? LOL do they even contribute to our economy? Mississippi's GDP must be poorer than Uganda's.

Another piece of trash from NEW YORK...

Old 12-19-2010, 02:03 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
Why? Everything he said is true. I visited Dallas, TX once and the place was hill billy central, never seen hill billies driving Ford F350's (didn't know they even made those) until I got to Dallas, TX.
Thanx for adding to the "classiness" of this whole thing. I'm sure your short sighted, stereotypical thinking adds to the meaning of this convo.... if it even HAS meaning.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:08 PM
DC2

NORTHEAST - the most educated, the most affluent, the lowest diabetes rates, lowest unemployment rate, lowest forclosure rate, healthiest, the lowest suicide rates, the lowest rate of obesity, the lowest rate of crime, the highest output.

SOUTH - Lowest life expectancy, fattest, least educated, most dangerous, highest poverty rate, attracts the most trash from high priced states, overall the poorest.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:12 PM

650 posts, read 1,327,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2 View Post
NORTHEAST - the most educated, the most affluent, the lowest diabetes rates, lowest unemployment rate, lowest forclosure rate, healthiest, the lowest suicide rates, the lowest rate of obesity, the lowest rate of crime, the highest output.

SOUTH - Lowest life expectancy, fattest, least educated, most dangerous, highest poverty rate, attracts the most trash from high priced states, overall the poorest.
Oh shut up already. Stop jocking the south. If you think the north & south are drastically different in those areas then you're sadly mistaking.

What is with this site and trolls and idiot homers, if it's not the south getting attacked then its nyc, if it's not nyc then it's arizona, if it's not arizona then it's west bubble.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:14 PM
DC2

I was at the airport in Chatlotte last week and I kept laughing out loud listening to the convo around me.

"Bryanne, i'm at the airport cumin home babygurl, want mama to brang you back some baked baynes from Bojangles" "I'll put it in mah purse and brang it back home for ya. Some fried chicken and bacon and chaeyse samich" ?

And everyone had cowboy boots. LOL.

What the hell!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City