Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the South really the best place for an Indian to be?
Yes, it isn't as bad as the stereotypes claim it to be, come on or go on down partna! 21 55.26%
Just your experience, maybe you were in the wrong part of the Northeast. 17 44.74%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 06:51 AM

133 posts, read 412,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
There is a lot of murder and racism in the south. Blacks and whites live in the south. If you are indian, asian, or mexican/spanish, then I would stay out of the south personally. The south is still VERY backwards.
I love it when others try to make judgments about Southerners without knowing what they're talking about. Contrary to what some may think, we're not barefoot, bucktoothed, racist, uneducated idiots. I have found that there's an abundance of those kind of folks in EVERY part of the country. You'll not meet a more balanced, easygoing, less-racist bunch of folks anywhere in the world than here in the beautiful South- and that's the truth, y'all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 07:00 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:
People here have no clue about what I know or don't know. (not you Danny)
Well its obvious you dont know that much. You would not be making sweeping statements like that if you did. You say the south is only full of blacks and white and you lump Texas in that group. There are more Hispanics here than anywhere besides California.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:55 AM

3 posts, read 1,967 times
An East Indian would be fine living in Houston, which seems to be pretty tolerant and very diverse.

I bet the same would be true in Miami, Atlanta or Dallas. I can't speak on how it would go for them in the rural places though

Old 12-02-2010, 08:58 AM

3 posts, read 1,967 times
Quote:
People here have no clue about what I know or don't know. (not you Danny)

whatever. I'm out.

BTW, I have had 5 reputation comments given to me about my statements in this thread so they have to be close to the truth.

You are stupid dude...

You live in Republican central (San Diego) so you can't act like you are in the tolerance mecca of America.

Try venturing outside of your moms house before you make judgements about other places and lump whole states together

Old 12-02-2010, 09:06 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
He certainly speaks for most Texans, he is governor in a representative democracy, on his 4th term no less and succeeded the great one Bush, which he was Bush's lieutenant governor... Liberal pocket or not, you are still in Texas and are subject to any laws they decide to make in your state. This is the issue many have, once you get out of these pockets...uhmmmmmmm yeh. Just for example it took the supreme court to get rid of Texas misdemeanor against homosexual acts just 7 years ago. Lawrence v. Texas for instance.
nope, first of all most Texans didn't vote in the elections and a great many who voted for Perry didn't like the alternative. They were scared that White would turn Texas, an important border state into a sanctuary state. so no PPerry doesn't speak for most Texans, they hate Perry, they are just scared of what the other guy would have done.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:36 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
nope, first of all most Texans didn't vote in the elections and a great many who voted for Perry didn't like the alternative. They were scared that White would turn Texas, an important border state into a sanctuary state. so no PPerry doesn't speak for most Texans, they hate Perry, they are just scared of what the other guy would have done.
You guys in Texas can't have it both way: hate Perry but are more afraid of the Democrat! For all the jokes about California's politics [often by Texans - just look at the Politics forum] I think Texas is much more dysfunctional and the tension between the the large cities versus the rural regions is quite pronounced. But not to fret because the sleeping giant called the Texas Latinos will awake soon and shift the state Blue faster than any Republican can imagine [this has happened in the Southwest].

Old 12-02-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
You guys in Texas can't have it both way: hate Perry but are more afraid of the Democrat! For all the jokes about California's politics [often by Texans - just look at the Politics forum] I think Texas is much more dysfunctional and the tension between the the large cities versus the rural regions is quite pronounced. But not to fret because the sleeping giant called the Texas Latinos will awake soon and shift the state Blue faster than any Republican can imagine [this has happened in the Southwest].
what the hell are you talking about? I didn't vote for Perry. i would voted for a donkey before I voted for Perry. You guys in California generalize too much. I don't go around saying you voted for Arnold because you live in California. 20 something percent of Texans voting for Perry doesn't mean I like him.

You Californians need to start meeting up to your hype about being open minded.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:25 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,681,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
what the hell are you talking about? I didn't vote for Perry. i would voted for a donkey before I voted for Perry. You guys in California generalize too much. I don't go around saying you voted for Arnold because you live in California. 20 something percent of Texans voting for Perry doesn't mean I like him.

You Californians need to start meeting up to your hype about being open minded.
Your dealing with Southern Californians =/

Old 12-02-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden-mind-State View Post
Your dealing with Southern Californians =/
okay then you southern Californians need to start living up to your hype about being openminded and stop stereotyping 28Million people based on 4 Million.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:34 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,681,186 times
Get em
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City