Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2012, 10:23 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,187,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendof302 View Post
I was just stating the facts, I don't even live in Philly....

So I have nothing to pound my chest about...
So what ARE you arguing about? That Chicago looks like a cakewalk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 10:30 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,310,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
actually from the age of 13 - 16 i went to Chicago one time every year so yes i have been numerous times.

Also Chicago may have a higher crime rate then nyc but chicagos crime rate is exaggerated. 80 percent of the murders in chicago are gang related. Nothing scary about that at all unless you live in a gang area and become a innocent bystander. From that stat alone chicago wouldn't even be a threat if drug dealing was its number 1 motive like it is here in new york city.

not sure what city i disrespected but go on. Also like i said im not your typical city-data blogger im not going to glorify GARY because i never been their so to me that city doest get my vote. Understood?
What?! You do realize that alot of bangers tend to "air em out" instead of just hitting their target. I'm not in a gang but I know this is true. Not being in a gang definitely lowers your risk of getting killed but it's not like everything is just A-OK. THat's why you hardly hear anything about little kids getting caught in cross fire in a place like Philly or Bmore or any other city.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,5001124.story

BTW why do you think bangers even come at each other like that? Part of the reason is DRUGS and DRUG TURF. Not just because of bandana colors and which way you wear your hat. smh.

Last edited by mas23; 07-21-2012 at 11:19 PM..

Old 07-21-2012, 10:36 PM

711 posts, read 1,498,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
So what ARE you arguing about? That Chicago looks like a cakewalk?
Only in comparison to Philly & Camden.

I have been all over the US and just think it is strange that the worst 2 ghettos in America connect by a bridge.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:53 PM

711 posts, read 1,498,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
BTW why do you think bangers even come at each other like that? Part of the reason is DRUGS and DRUG TURF. Not just because of bandana colors and which way you wear your hat. smh.
You must be aware that stealing something simple as a soda right now in some places get people killed. Like Johannesburg where they still throw stones at people and burn them alive in front of cheering crowds while they watch each other die. So to think that people in gangs don't kill each other over bandana colors is very naive. Just a bunch of teenage kids getting killed over nothing because their parents did not help them understand the world. Such a waste of life these undeniable truths are.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:06 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,310,892 times
Quote:
You must be aware that stealing something simple as a soda right now in some places get people killed. Like Johannesburg where they still throw stones at people and burn them alive in front of cheering crowds while they watch each other die. So to think that people in gangs don't kill each other over bandana colors is very naive. Just a bunch of teenage kids getting killed over nothing because their parents did not help them understand the world. Such a waste of life these undeniable truths are.

Take a good look at my post I 'll give you a second........

I think you misread what I wrote. What I meant was that bandanas or hats are NOT the only reason why bangers kill each other, and To think thats the only reason bangers just kill eachother over some goofy crap like that is VERY naive. Time to let go of those early 90's L.A. hood movies

Old 07-21-2012, 11:44 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,694,435 times
Quote:
It is well known the worst part of Camden is connected to Philly by a small bridge.

Philadelphia Closes 2011 With Highest Per-Capita Murder Rate Of United States Cities « CBS Philly

^These stats speaks for themselves no need to argue over a keyboard.

Not only does Philly have a higher murder rate then Chicago but North Philly looks 10x worse.
A SMALL bridge? That bridge is a half mile long. North Philly looks 10x worse than the ghettos in Chicago? LOL. Have you ever seen Chicago ghettos? Philly barely has higher murder rate than Chicago. In fact they usually jump back and forth between who has a higher murder rate every year.

Quote:
Only in comparison to Philly & Camden.

I have been all over the US and just think it is strange that the worst 2 ghettos in America connect by a bridge.
2 worst ghettos in America? No. Camden is up there certainly, but I would say East St. Louis and Gary are far worse. North Philly is up there too, def top ten, but stop saying Philly like the whole city is a ghetto. Chicago has some ghettos that are just as bad as North Philly.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:32 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,406,624 times
Quote:
What?! You do realize that alot of bangers tend to "air em out" instead of just hitting their target. I'm not in a gang but I know this is true. Not being in a gang definitely lowers your risk of getting killed but it's not like everything is just A-OK. THat's why you hardly hear anything about little kids getting caught in cross fire in a place like Philly or Bmore or any other city.

Judge to man charged with killing girl: 'You're dangerous' - chicagotribune.com

to answer your first paragraph i made that clear by innocent bystanders living in the areas as being in danger.

drugs or not its all gang related and gangs doing it. Here on the east coast a murder is always mainly on the individual with no gang ties.

i think america paints chicago worse then what chicago really is.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:34 AM

Quote:

Judge to man charged with killing girl: 'You're dangerous' - chicagotribune.com

btw i heard the hat thing is a serious thing in chicago till this day i hear people still mention that wearing your hat the wrong way will give out a wrong look.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
A SMALL bridge? That bridge is a half mile long. North Philly looks 10x worse than the ghettos in Chicago? LOL. Have you ever seen Chicago ghettos? Philly barely has higher murder rate than Chicago. In fact they usually jump back and forth between who has a higher murder rate every year.

2 worst ghettos in America? No. Camden is up there certainly, but I would say East St. Louis and Gary are far worse. North Philly is up there too, def top ten, but stop saying Philly like the whole city is a ghetto. Chicago has some ghettos that are just as bad as North Philly.
yea but the strong majority of the time philly has a higher crime rate then chicago so i wouldnt say "jumping back and fourth". this isnt even a debate i believe Chicago folks actually feel a bit better knowing that philly has a higher murder rate then they do.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Chicago's crime rate is 3X NYC's....is that because of gangs, I suppose (gangs that NYC doesn't have, you're insinuating)? Stop Googling and start living man!
yea exactly it doesnt matter how much times the rate is higher the point is 80 percent of the murders is gang related. in new york city gangs dont go around killing other gang members unless its money related.

The east coast in general is like that. Dont know why your even comparing chicago and camden. Camden i believe has 3 times the murder rate as chicago and 80 percent of their murders are not "gang related"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City