Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 02:15 PM

650 posts, read 1,327,041 times

Advertisements

I live in Queens and I'm a flip flop person, in the Summer I wear no socks with my sneakers a lot of the time (not nasty like it sounds), I'll probably fit right in in Hawaii lol.

It be too hot for sneakers, I wear sneakers in Winter (when there's precipitation it's most likely gonna be rain) and when it does snow a lot maybe I'll bring out the ACG's.

Me and Infamous are at Roosevelt Field and half the people in here have on flip flops now that I'm actually looking (I normally don't pay attention to stuff like this), it's windy and drizzly too lol.

Last edited by N130; 08-22-2010 at 02:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 02:32 PM

244 posts, read 567,845 times
Flip flops are ugly unless you're on the beach. I hate them and I hate seeing busted feet.

And NYC isn't a flip flop city at all.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:35 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,634,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
I've seen people wear flip flops in San Antonio even when it's cold. But yeah, just about any Texas city wears them. I've even seen people in Ohio and NYC wear them. Basically every big city I've ever been to I've seen lots of people wear them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpsonDowns View Post
NYC reporting flip-flops everywhere during the summer. But I don't get it as we walk so much and flip-flops provide little support or protection from the nasty streets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Lol I said half of the time I dress like a stereotypical Californian (kinda beachy sometimes) plus I like to wear flip flops. NYC is a flip flop city too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N130 View Post
I live in Queens and I'm a flip flop person, in the Summer I wear no socks with my sneakers a lot of the time (not nasty like it sounds), I'll probably fit right in in Hawaii lol.

It be too hot for sneakers, I wear sneakers in Winter (when there's precipitation it's most likely gonna be rain) and when it does snow a lot maybe I'll bring out the ACG's.

Me and Infamous are at Roosevelt Field and half the people in here have on flip flops now that I'm actually looking (I normally don't pay attention to stuff like this), it's windy and drizzly too lol.
Well we have these posters who can give an unbiased, truthful response to a question and then we have the others that want everyone to think every woman in NYC are wearing stiletto heels 24/7.

I am sure I don't need to state that flip flops, sandals, etc are normal everyday wear here in FLA.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:36 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,383,215 times
Interesting responses and it sounds like flip flops are common footwear everywhere. I just assumed that sophisticated cities like New York would be a less likely place for flip flops. On those TV programs like Access Hollywood\ Entertainment Tonight, etc. they make snobbish comments when they show celebrities wearing flip flops. Oh well.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:51 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,729,639 times
^in MY personal experience, i don't see an abundance of females in flip flops in ny. at all.

i'm not going to say that flip flops are banned here and nobody is wearing them at one time or another but to say something like nyc is a "flip flop city" or something like that...na. it just isn't.

do i look down on women that wear them? no. i couldn't care less.

but my honest and truthful answer to this thread stands:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post

most females here rock pumps with everything. i'm not saying that i don't see flip flops but well...i don't really see them like that.

and if thats not what someone wants to read or if its not good enough for a particular person in this thread then so be it.

i'm 26 and go between queens and manhattan if that matters. my exp might be different from somebody in another borough.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC90 View Post
Flip flops are ugly unless you're on the beach. I hate them and I hate seeing busted feet.

And NYC isn't a flip flop city at all.
I'm pretty sure every city is after this thread, NYC is as flip flop as everywhere else lol.

I see more females with sneakers than pumps, you can only wear those for so long. Flip flops/sandals are tied with sneakers.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:00 PM
eek

long island =/= nyc tho.

from my own personal exp, females rock pumps or flats/sandals in the spring/summer. even teenage girls rocking pumps year round, for the most part.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
long island =/= nyc tho.
What does that mean? I see it everywhere.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:04 PM
eek

not equal to.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:11 PM

I've never really someone rock heels unless they were going to a club or party.

I see flats, flip flops, & sneakers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City