Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 08:48 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,013,869 times

Advertisements

Louisville Colorado, Kentucky, Nebraska (that I know of).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2019, 06:23 AM

14,310 posts, read 9,188,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Louisville Colorado, Kentucky, Nebraska (that I know of).
If you're talking Lebanons, add Pennsylvania to the list.

It's the home of a lunch meat that's popular in Pennsylvania and nearby areas - an Amish specialty known as Lebanon bologna. It looks more like salami than bologna and comes in sweet and savory versions.

Old 02-23-2019, 11:23 AM

90,296 posts, read 121,013,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
If you're talking Lebanons, add Pennsylvania to the list.

It's the home of a lunch meat that's popular in Pennsylvania and nearby areas - an Amish specialty known as Lebanon bologna. It looks more like salami than bologna and comes in sweet and savory versions.
Well, I was talking Louisvilles, but yeah. I'm familiar with "Lebanon Bologna".
There is a Lebanon, Nebraska as well, pop. 80. https://www.city-data.com/forum/newre...e=1&p=54512462 There are a bunch of places in Nebraska with names of Pennsylvania places, e.g. York (also York County), Hershey, Lancaster County, etc. The area must have been settled by Pennsylvanians!

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 02-23-2019 at 11:37 AM..

Old 02-23-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Well, I was talking Louisvilles, but yeah. I'm familiar with "Lebanon Bologna".
There is a Lebanon, Nebraska as well, pop. 80. https://www.city-data.com/forum/newre...e=1&p=54512462 There are a bunch of places in Nebraska with names of Pennsylvania places, e.g. York (also York County), Hershey, Lancaster County, etc. The area must have been settled by Pennsylvanians!
There is a string of towns along a railroad line that runs north-south through central Oklahoma that bear the names of Main Line suburbs.

Ardmore is the largest of these towns. There are six in all: Wayne, Overbrook, Paoli, Ardmore, Wynnewood, and Berwyn. (This letter in the Daily Oklahoman erroneously lists a seventh, Marietta, that has no Main Line equivalent.)

The railroad in question was surveyed by a fellow who had worked for the Pennsylvania Railroad, and according to the letter, it was built with Pennsylvania Railroad money.

Old 02-23-2019, 11:32 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,848,981 times
I am from Oregon, so this one should be easy for me, since Oregon ripped off the names of many cities and stuck them in their state. Even Oregon's largest and most famous city was ripped off from the original city in Maine.. Thanks Mr. Lewis and Clark

Portland, Oregon - Portland, Maine
Dallas, Oregon - Dallas, Texas
Oakland, Oregon - Oakland, California
Springfield, Oregon - Springfield, Everywhere
Albany, Oregon - Albany, New York
Ashland, Oregon (My Home Town ) - Ashland, Everywhere
Sherwood, Oregon - Sherwood, Arkansas, Wisconsin and prob many other places
Hillsboro, Oregon - Hillsboro, Ohio/Texas
Woodburn, Oregon - Woodburn, Indiana
Salem , Oregon (Capitol of Oregon) - Salem, MA (and many others)
Medford, Oregon - Medford, MA
Newport, Oregon - Newport, RI
North Bend, Oregon - North Bend, WA
Redmond, Oregon - Redmond, WA
Sandy, OR - Sandy, UT

Milwaukie , OR - Milwaukee , WI (Ok, cheating a bit because name is bit different, but pronunciation is the same).

Oh man, I am sure there are so many more.. Oregon is a state of ripped off city names ..

Old 02-27-2019, 10:57 PM

256 posts, read 152,971 times
Jackson AL, MS, WY, and TN
Charleston SC and WV
Duluth MN and GA
Cleveland TN and OH
Jacksonville NC and FL
Kansas City KS and MO (does that count? )
Portland OR and ME
Dallas TX, OR, and NC
Augusta GA and ME

Edit after reading a previous post: Salem OR and IN

Old 02-27-2019, 11:12 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,104,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bslette View Post
Minneapolis, MN
Minneapolis, KS
Minneapolis, NC
I was going to mention the same thing but you beat me to it!

The fact that there's a Minneapolis in North Carolina (nothing more than a smattering of houses and a post office) is completely absurd to me.

Old 02-28-2019, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdLover27 View Post
Kansas City KS and MO (does that count? )
Technically, yes, as do

Bristol, TN and VA
Texarkana, AR and TX

There is a difference between the two Kansas Cities and the other two paired next-door neighbors:

In Bristol and Texarkana, the state line is the main street of both cities; their downtowns are adjacent (and the Texarkanas' post office building sits astride the state line).

In Kansas City, the state line is just another street, and the two cities' respective downtowns are separated by the floodplain surrounding the point where the Kansas and Missouri rivers meet. North of this point, the state line's a river.

Old 02-28-2019, 08:40 AM

22,378 posts, read 39,028,185 times
Not sure if it was mentioned but Newark NJ and Newark DE - both pronounced differently
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City