Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 01:39 PM

455 posts, read 1,883,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrosen View Post
you can't be serious.

You don't drive through oakley because?

well duh...here is no town crier to protect her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 06:12 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,146,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
That's one of the most desirable pockets of Oakley. You'll be fine.
I agree with you about a lot of things, but this one I have to disagree with you on. There are far more desirable areas of Oakley than the Brotherton/Paxton Woods intersection. I'd rather be in the Drake/Isabella/Markbreit/Taylor/Gilmore areas and south of there.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:32 AM

28 posts, read 83,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerDu View Post
well duh...here is no town crier to protect her.
Well thank you for verifying the fact that you do need someone to protect you in Oakley. I just can't believe you people this person is putting a very big decision in our hands and you tell her Oakley out of every town in cincy you tell them Oakley?

Old 09-22-2008, 02:02 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,715,971 times
^ perhaps you are wrong for telling this person to avoid Oakley. That's the craziest thing I have ever heard. You know those "Oakley is not Hyde Park" tee shirts? Well, they're humorous for a reason, Oakley is an up and coming neighborhood that is mimicking some of the positives that Hyde Park has had and it's working. It just needs to be independent. But telling someone that Oakley is dangerous is a joke. lol

Old 09-22-2008, 02:28 PM

710 posts, read 3,045,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haileigh32 View Post
Well thank you for verifying the fact that you do need someone to protect you in Oakley. I just can't believe you people this person is putting a very big decision in our hands and you tell her Oakley out of every town in cincy you tell them Oakley?
are you sure you know where oakley is? is it possible that you are confusing it with a different neighborhood?

Old 09-22-2008, 07:10 PM

5 posts, read 29,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haileigh32 View Post
I can't believe anyone has recommended oakley. In my opinion I don't even drive through oakley. There is a awesome town called mariemont which is just outside of oakley and is beautiful and quaint but I would avoid oakley.

...seriously? If you were referring to, say, Over-The-Rhine, I might understand. But Oakley's not dangerous. I wouldn't recommend wandering around alone at 1 am, but that's just common sense that should be exercised in ANY area of the city.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:41 PM

455 posts, read 1,883,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallygrad08 View Post
...seriously? If you were referring to, say, Over-The-Rhine, I might understand. But Oakley's not dangerous. I wouldn't recommend wandering around alone at 1 am, but that's just common sense that should be exercised in ANY area of the city.
I highly recommend walking around at 1 am.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:22 PM

5 posts, read 14,874 times
I'm staying at the Drexel on Paxton Ave temporarily before a permanent move and while I know little about the city overall, would not characterize it as remotely dangerous. It's minutes from Hyde Park and lots of other good stuff.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:57 AM

548 posts, read 2,015,411 times
Oakley has benefited greatly from its proximity to Hyde Park. I had a bunch of friends buy homes in Oakley so that they have the amenities of HP but lower prices. Great highway access too.

I agree with a lot of the posters here, Oakley in general is safe and if you buy a house in the majority of the town, you may be investing in good real estate. I also agree that once you get past the "downtown Oakley" area, is starts getting more shady.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:38 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,971,905 times
Mariemont and Oakley are nothing alike. A LOT of people cant afford Mariemont, so presenting it as an alternative to Oakley doesnt make sense.

I lived in Oakley for over 2 decades. The square area of Madison is very nice. Down towards Brotherton its a little less appealing but as neighborhoods go it is still nice. Perfectly safe and property values can be expected to do well there. I lived right of Oakley square but know people all around the area there so hit me up if you want more specific information.

G Man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati