Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 11:46 AM

45 posts, read 213,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbullard View Post
Thanks for not reading into my description wrong. We are not rascists...we just want to live in a very specific kind of place. House value in most important, we have taken a hard hit in Charlotte by not being more picky

house values in anderson township haven't lost the value in the recent market. Alot of place and seen drop in value while theirs have stayed put.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 02:47 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,431 times
Quote:
My family might be moving to Cincinnati and I am concerned about finding a great area. We have 4 small kids that I homeschool and I don't venture far from home. I want a small town feel with the local Super Target/Wal-Mart, banks, a few restaurants, and parks. DO NOT want a culturally diverse area, been there done that. Looking for feedback of all types.
Look into Northern Kentucky. Not going to beat around the bush here, what I think you mean by no culturally diversity is no blacks, hispanics, etc. I lived in Kenton county, and there weren't a whole lot of black people or hispanics. Housing is cheap too. Very close to Cincinnati. When we lived there years ago, my father worked in Cincinnati, and traveled there from Northern Kentucky. It was a 20 minute commute.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:45 AM

4 posts, read 21,030 times
I would recommend you not move to Greater Cincinnati. We are diverse in all areas. There is no community that does not house all races, religions and cultures and we're very proud of our work to maintain our diversity. My husband was born and raised on the west side, I on the east side. We live in what is considered an upscale community with excellent schools (for which we pay very high taxes). Our home values have remained steady during the mortgage crisis. They haven't risen or fallen. My neighbors are diverse in color, religion and background. Since this is so important to you, you may want to consider a more rural area with very small metropolitan communities.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:05 AM

27 posts, read 106,044 times
Anderson Township sounds perfect for the original poster.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:48 AM

30 posts, read 128,609 times
Could i suggest a nice small town north of Cincinnati. Sabina is a nice small community located about 50 miles north of downtown. It is about 7 miles off of Interstate 71. You can be in the fields-Ertle or Kings Island area in about 30 minutes. The town is also on US Route 22 and 3. It is about 9 miles east of Wilmington. Home Prices in the Sabina/Richland Township area is a median around $150,000. Schools are provided by East Clinton Local School Dist, Sabina Elementary, East Clinton Middle School, East Clinton High School. Most people around here are Caucasian middle class people. Several restaurant's and shopping is easily located within 5-15 minutes away. Sabina has a couple of hometown restaurants, shopping, and banking. 10 minutes away you can be in Wilmington which has about every type of eating ,lodging, and shopping including Krogers, Super Wal-Mart, Staples, Lowes, Skyline, Qudoba, Damons, Quiznos, and many local favorites . 15 minutes away is the Prime Outlet Mall at Jeffersonville. Here there is new developments including Chipotle. Also located 10 minutes away is Washington C.H. where there is a Home Depot, Sears, Aarons, and a Dakotas Steakhouse. Its a great area, located close to about everything and is a great place to be raised. Local Links: Sabina 2000 (http://www.sabina2000.org - broken link) Sabina Public Library The Sabina Historical Society www.east-clinton.k12.oh.us sabinapd.com » Home County Website: Clinton County welcomes you! — Clinton County Commissioners Visitors Bureau: Clinton County Ohio Convention and Visitor's Bureau - tourism, fun, central Ohio - learn about our fairs!

Old 10-10-2008, 09:34 AM

107 posts, read 244,899 times
Quote:
My family might be moving to Cincinnati and I am concerned about finding a great area. We have 4 small kids that I homeschool and I don't venture far from home. I want a small town feel with the local Super Target/Wal-Mart, banks, a few restaurants, and parks. DO NOT want a culturally diverse area, been there done that. Looking for feedback of all types.
Mbullard,

I have lived in Cincinnati my entire life and I have lived from one end of the city to the other. You can find trouble anywhere if you look for it. Fortunately, I have never moved do to fear of my neighbors. Cincinnati is a great place to raise a family. As any big city, Cincy is experiencing its share of problems.

Depending on how close to downtown Cincinnati you would like to live, there are several areas that come to mind. One is Lebanon, Ohio http://www.ci.lebanon.oh.us/. This area is very historical and has a lot to offer. You will find in any of the areas I listed, there are a lot of home schoolers.

Another place to check out is the Mason area http://www.imaginemason.org/index.php. Also look into Loveland Ohio http://www.historicloveland.com/. Both Mason and Loveland are full of history and hometown feel.

Good luck with your move and wherever you plant your roots will be home.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:15 AM

392 posts, read 1,068,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahari View Post
I moved to Cincinnati a year ago, am in a very nice area (Mt.Lookout) from San Diego(for work). Now I am ready to move back. If you are not from here,Catholic or gone to high school here FORGET IT

I'm sorry you feel that way.

I'm not even from Cincinnati, but I am moving there. I must say, I've spoken with quite a few locals from the area on here, and they've ALL been friendly and helpful to me.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:43 AM

2 posts, read 3,721 times
Hey ther. Im from an area I think you would like. I'm in a small town called Lebanon. There are a lot of commuters from this town. Growth here is slower than most in the area although we are the county seat. It has what you mentioned you are lookin for nearby. Target, Super Wal-mart, Kroger, food. It is a growing area 20 miles north of Cincy. It has a very small town feel. Lebanon offers festivals, like the Blues festival, Applefestival, and Parades throughout the year. It is a traditional values community with wonderful schools. We are home to the largest YMCA in the country, and the activities are great there. It is not a very "diverse" community, if I get your meaning, so you may benefit from that as well. City of Lebanon Ohio.org

Old 10-13-2008, 05:30 PM

926 posts, read 2,747,845 times
West Chester is a suburb of Cincinnati but that might be closer to what you are looking for. I cant think of any neighborhoods in the city that arent really culturally diverse. Actually further east maybe. Anything past Anderson like heading into Batavia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati