Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 10:22 AM

37,348 posts, read 28,500,449 times

Advertisements

What is he the savior of then ? those that believe ? So does this mean he becomes the savior after we believe ?

When i read this scripture "Behold the lamb of God which takes away the sin of the world:, this tells me He is the Savior, not a potential Savior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 10:30 AM

76,959 posts, read 47,919,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The term title also does not accuratly describe Jesus role as Saviour of the world.
Sure it does. Are you saying there are other Saviours? No, he is the only one, so He is 'The Saviour'.

He is the Saviour, and he saves. He extends His hand to people, and all you need to do is take it. Sadly many turn away, just like in the parable of the wedding.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:44 AM

5,926 posts, read 6,978,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure it does. Are you saying there are other Saviours? No, he is the only one, so He is 'The Saviour'.

He is the Saviour, and he saves. He extends His hand to people, and all you need to do is take it. Sadly many turn away, just like in the parable of the wedding.

My Dad saved me from a choking death, so at that moment he was my saviour, yes indeed.

If all sins are not atoned for Gods word returns void, if everyone cannot be saved, then Gods word returns void because those are two things in scripture God sent his son to do.

God sent his son to be the atonement for sins and all sins are atoned for, the passage speaks the same way for Jesus being sent to be saviour of the world, so the world is saved.

Just like if someone paid my heating bill for me I might not find out about till after it happened.

I want people to know as soon as possible, but whether someone listens to me or not at the time it doesn't change what Jesus did.

When someone believes then they understand what was already done, whosover, yes, whosoever, at any time can come to this knowledge of truth.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:54 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,950,935 times
Quote:
Yes, he is the President whether people reject him or not. However, that does not mean everyone will agree with his policies. The title of Saviour does not mean the Saviour will save everyone, it just says He is the Saviour. There are no other Saviours but Him. Many people still reject what He has to offer, just like many reject what Obama has to offer. Just like with Obama, who have enemies who try to undermine everything he does, there are people who try to undermine everything Jesus taught.
I understand what you're saying, but that's not really the concept that Paul puts forth. Adam represented mankind in the Garden. Mankind did not ask him to do so. It was a Covenant between Adam and God and mankind suffered it's outcome whether they choose to or not. We all fell in Adam without our consent or agreement.

In like manner, Paul is telling us that Jesus saves the World through His death on the cross. And Jesus did so by Covenant, without the World's consent or agreement. It was a Covenant between Jesus and God.

The natural man will always refuse and resist the Covenant of Grace. By nature, man is faithless toward God. This is why all must be born of the Spirit in order to partake of the Covenant blessings through faith. UR believes (or at least I do) that Christ's death will also accomplish their regeneration of the Spirit (future tense "the many shall be constituted righteous"), and it will happen when the Spirit of Christ chooses to do so.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:59 AM

76,959 posts, read 47,919,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
My Dad saved me from a choking death, so at that moment he was my saviour, yes indeed.
If your father is your saviour, then how come you did not capitalize it?

No games please You know we are talking about the Saviour of souls here.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:27 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,056,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
So much for grace.

So, if I read you correctly we walk in and out of salvation on a daily or hourly basis.

What if I use the Lord's name in vain and the F word as I see this huge truck drift into my lane and then I get killed? Do I go to hell?
No, you'd probably go to the hospital or maybe the morgue.

Read this tiring thread. Wish people understood that there are 2 children in every single one of us -- one a child of God, the other, by nature the children of wrath. If you need to find the devil or the anti-Christ, he's as close as your nearest mirror (for everyone). We must all die. Why? To destroy the works of the devil - the natural man.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:37 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,056,458 times
Quote:

And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be Jehovah's. - Obadiah 1:21

Old 11-18-2010, 12:00 PM

5,926 posts, read 6,978,584 times
Quote:
If your father is your saviour, then how come you did not capitalize it?

No games please You know we are talking about the Saviour of souls here.

Not playing games, I said exactly what I meant.

Old 03-06-2018, 03:09 AM

11 posts, read 5,332 times
Default Get yourself a new Bible… Reference clip get yourself a new map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Acts 13:39 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

And that through Him everyone who believes [who [a]acknowledges Jesus as his Savior and devotes himself to Him] is absolved (cleared and freed) from every charge from which he could not be justified and freed by the Law of Moses and given right standing with God.

Romans 10:10-13 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

For with the heart a person believes (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Christ) and so is justified (declared righteous, acceptable to God), and with the mouth he confesses (declares openly and speaks out freely his faith) and confirms [his] salvation.
The Scripture says, No man who believes in Him [who adheres to, relies on, and trusts in Him] will [ever] be put to shame or be disappointed.(A)
[No one] for there is no distinction between Jew and Greek. The same Lord is Lord over all [of us] and He generously bestows His riches upon all who call upon Him [in faith].
For everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord [invoking Him as Lord] will be saved.(B)

Luke 12:49 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

I have come to cast fire upon the earth, and how I wish that it were already kindled!

Quit taking the Bible out of context… And most importantly get yourself a real Bible… I don’t watch movies anymore but I’ve got a good memory… Have you seen Tommy boy… When he says get yourself a new map. Get yourself a new Bible , Well an old Bible version amplified classic edition!

https://youtu.be/TgvyparsP0c

Last edited by ModerndayJohntheBaptist; 03-06-2018 at 03:14 AM.. Reason: Forgot a verse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity