Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 10:56 PM

33,252 posts, read 26,470,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus0 View Post
Hi Mike555,

I understand your position as well as what is most likely contained in the audio lessons. I understand that ethnic Israel still exists but must disagree with your premise.

The scriptures you quoted were not given to the 21st century. They were given to an audience in Ezekiel's time who were currently in exile in Babylon. We agree that the prophecies do predict that Israel would be restored back to their homeland, my disagreement is with what restoration was spoken of.

The prophecies were clearly given in Ezekiel's time during the Babylonian exile and not in the 20th century before 1948. In the natural flow of history the scriptures in Ezekiel speak of a restoration that must clearly be for the audience that originally heard it, not one 2500 years away.

If it was, then the Jews currently in exile were mistaken in their hope of being restored once they heard the prophecies and the prophecies would totally ignore the fulfillment that historically happened to the audience of Ezekiel during the Babylonian exile.

Is there any reason whatsoever for the original audience of Ezekiel to believe that the prophecies they were hearing were for an audience 2500 years away?

In other words, if you were a Jew currently in exile in Babylon, would there be anything in the prophecies you quoted to suggest that they were for a generation thousands of years away and not for you who just heard them?
As it turns out, you posted this in response to my original answer to your post while I was writing another post in an attempt to better answer your statement. Refer to Post #10 for my second reply to your original post. As ususal, I provided a link because those links I provide do a much better job than I can of explaining things. And that is what I am trying to do. Provide information.

Last edited by Michael Way; 02-22-2010 at 11:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 11:07 PM

118 posts, read 177,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You posted this in response to my first answer to your post while I was writing another post in an attempt to better answer your statement. Refer to Post #10 for my second reply to your original post. As ususal, I provided a link because those links I provide do a much better job than I can of explaining things. And that is what I am trying to do. Provide information.
I understand. This really is not then a thread to discuss my position. It is really providing information for those that agree with your premise and not questioning it.

God Bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity