Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 03:45 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,626,433 times

Advertisements

Okay so I was cleaning my house. And I was throwing different sheets of paper away. Well I picked up a slightly-wrinkled piece of paper from the floor. It was my little brother (who is seven) and his writing. There were four 6's on the paper in no order. They were randomly put together but not far off from each other. And they were in red. And no other drawing or writing was on it. I freaked out. I crumpled it and threw it away and prayed there were no demonic forces trying to influence my brother's mind. Even though it was not 3 6's on the sheet of paper, it was colored in red and enough to freak me out and think about the time when I caught a glimpse of my brother watching a cartoon with this huge devil creature. My brother watches ALOT of cartoons for the record. I told him no and to turn the web channel to something else. I read a vision about this man who said Jesus took him to Heaven and Hell and in the outer darkness of the Earth or whatever it was, God allowed him to see the demons and principalities in 'high places' as it says in the Bible and he saw many cartoon characters we watched as children alive as demons. As crazy as it sounds, Power Rangers were one of them and my brother loves power rangers. And they were saying to this man that they were coming to get children through the tv screens. He said that Jesus explained to him these cartoons were able to come alive and manifest themselves into demons because the creators sold their soul to the devil. Ever since I read that and saw that demon character my brother watched from his cartoon, I forbid him to watch that show and other things. I'm keeping a watch on him now that I found the red 6's on the sheet of paper. I asked him why he drew them and what they were. He said they were just numbers. I told him why are they red and if he drew anything else with red. He said no. That's a cause for concern to me. Do you think I am overreacting? Do you think there is any significance to this? I don't want to take away his fun or anything but I mean, randomly drawing 6's on a sheet of paper in red? And then watching tv shows with demon characters? I don't trust this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 03:51 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,691,053 times
are you sure they weren't 9's?
no idea,other than I just suspect he was writing numbers.kids do that.(not the sound like a smart aleck,ok).

Old 01-08-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
are you sure they weren't 9's?
no idea,other than I just suspect he was writing numbers.kids do that.(not the sound like a smart aleck,ok).
No I know, its okay.
I'm sure they weren't nines. I asked him what numbers they were and he did say "six". They even curved at the ends so I'm sure. I just feel like the devil is on a constant prowl and he will use anything and anyone to influence them and his demonic ways. I feel like this is my fault because I wasn't watching him before and I don't read the Bible with him because he never pays attention. I mean, he goes to Sunday school and everything but we haven't been to church in two weeks. Matter fact, we barely go to church. All this has got to stop.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:57 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times
Your brother sounds like a very normal 7 year old, Moderator cut: iattack

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-08-2011 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 01-08-2011, 04:37 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,691,053 times
does he play with little cars or something that has numbers on it? my son used to have all sorts of racecars,and am thinking perhaps that's where he subconciously saw the no's,if he plays w things like that.I don't know anything about power rangers though.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:36 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Okay so I was cleaning my house. And I was throwing different sheets of paper away. Well I picked up a slightly-wrinkled piece of paper from the floor. It was my little brother (who is seven) and his writing. There were four 6's on the paper in no order. They were randomly put together but not far off from each other. And they were in red. And no other drawing or writing was on it. I freaked out. I crumpled it and threw it away and prayed there were no demonic forces trying to influence my brother's mind. Even though it was not 3 6's on the sheet of paper, it was colored in red and enough to freak me out and think about the time when I caught a glimpse of my brother watching a cartoon with this huge devil creature. My brother watches ALOT of cartoons for the record. I told him no and to turn the web channel to something else. I read a vision about this man who said Jesus took him to Heaven and Hell and in the outer darkness of the Earth or whatever it was, God allowed him to see the demons and principalities in 'high places' as it says in the Bible and he saw many cartoon characters we watched as children alive as demons. As crazy as it sounds, Power Rangers were one of them and my brother loves power rangers. And they were saying to this man that they were coming to get children through the tv screens. He said that Jesus explained to him these cartoons were able to come alive and manifest themselves into demons because the creators sold their soul to the devil. Ever since I read that and saw that demon character my brother watched from his cartoon, I forbid him to watch that show and other things. I'm keeping a watch on him now that I found the red 6's on the sheet of paper. I asked him why he drew them and what they were. He said they were just numbers. I told him why are they red and if he drew anything else with red. He said no. That's a cause for concern to me. Do you think I am overreacting? Do you think there is any significance to this? I don't want to take away his fun or anything but I mean, randomly drawing 6's on a sheet of paper in red? And then watching tv shows with demon characters? I don't trust this.
allen i mean no harm but your behavior is a tad extreme. i know you want what's best for your brother but he's a child please let him enjoy being a child.....he's innocent and already has God's pure love; don't make him hate God.
i know you want what's best for him.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:27 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
You may be overreating but best to be safe than sorry. Read with your brother from the Bible and there are plenty of Christian DVDs he might find entertaining like Veggie tales. Go to a Christian book store and let him look around the kids section. Most of all pray for him.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:53 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
Your little brother sounds pretty normal to me as a youngster with a pen and paper. Just be glad he uses paper to write his numbers on. All mine used the nearest available wall

I bet if you asked him he can write another number too. Or you can take advantage of his interest and show him how to do another number.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:49 PM

8,178 posts, read 6,929,698 times
Allen, Can I just gently say that there is enough sadness and stuff in this world without having to go LOOKING for it where it doesn't even really exist. Do you get what I'm saying? The more you give things power, the more powerful they become in your mind. Look for demons and satanic stuff and guess what you are going to find? That's right. Demons and satanic stuff. Don't allow yourself to become trapped by fear. Fear is only as big as you allow it to become. I know what I'm talking about. The more you LATCH ONTO, the more power it has OVER you. In the beginning you probably will not even realize that it is fear. It kind of creeps in slowly before you even know it. Fear is a weed. The longer it's allowed to take root the harder it is to yank it out.

If you just let stuff like this go, just don't attach things to it that don't even belong, just let it go... you'll see just how easy it is. Fear feeds on itself. Fear is INSATIABLE. This is a fact of life. FEAR is INSATIABLE. The more you feed it, the more it WANTS from you.

Think about this, save it, print it out, whatever:
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

And remember that God is LOVE.
There is NO FEAR in LOVE.
Think about why that might be.
Truth is BEAUTIFUL.
That's why the verse up there is so important.
It helps clear your mind of what shouldn't be there in the first place, to make room for what should.

Go hug your brother and teach him the rest of his little numbers bro, just like Miss Blue suggested.

Well just some thoughts. I've been thinking about this since you first posted the thread. I had to say something. I know about fear and how it affected me and the things it did to me back in the day. I hate to see someone else headed in that direction, that's all.
peace,
sparrow

Old 01-08-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Allen, Can I just gently say that there is enough sadness and stuff in this world without having to go LOOKING for it where it doesn't even really exist. Do you get what I'm saying? The more you give things power, the more powerful they become in your mind. Look for demons and satanic stuff and guess what you are going to find? That's right. Demons and satanic stuff. Don't allow yourself to become trapped by fear. Fear is only as big as you allow it to become. I know what I'm talking about. The more you LATCH ONTO, the more power it has OVER you. In the beginning you probably will not even realize that it is fear. It kind of creeps in slowly before you even know it. Fear is a weed. The longer it's allowed to take root the harder it is to yank it out.

If you just let stuff like this go, just don't attach things to it that don't even belong, just let it go... you'll see just how easy it is. Fear feeds on itself. Fear is INSATIABLE. This is a fact of life. FEAR is INSATIABLE. The more you feed it, the more it WANTS from you.

Think about this, save it, print it out, whatever:
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

And remember that God is LOVE.
There is NO FEAR in LOVE.
Think about why that might be.
Truth is BEAUTIFUL.
That's why the verse up there is so important.
It helps clear your mind of what shouldn't be there in the first place, to make room for what should.

Go hug your brother and teach him the rest of his little numbers bro, just like Miss Blue suggested.

Well just some thoughts. I've been thinking about this since you first posted the thread. I had to say something. I know about fear and how it affected me and the things it did to me back in the day. I hate to see someone else headed in that direction, that's all.
peace,
sparrow
Wow so powerful!!! Thanks and God bless!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity