Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 07:41 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,821,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Since it leads you to trust the untrustworthy in spite of the existing evidence . . . I would consider carefully WHO that God might actually be.
God is faithful & trustworthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 05:30 AM

168 posts, read 378,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I agree....I believe the basic spiritual principles Jesus imparted to us can be found in the scriptures we currently have. But....therein contains also many man made additions and we have to rely heavily on God to reveal to us what is truth and what isn't. There are also many, many scriptures out there that were not included in the canon of our bibles but are very beneficial as well.
that is why god gave us a brain and a computer mouse to do some research of our own. The first ratified bible was at the council of hippo and carthage in 393 ad. few people know this or care to know this.

The resurrection of jesus christ is one of the most accurately historical events in history, and I bet few christians know this either. Through research you can find out that pauls first letters to the corinthian church talks about the resurrection of jesus just 5 years after the event. Compare that to the life and times of alexander the great which was written hundreds of years after his death. There are also testimonies from non believers about the resurrection.

People we need to research research and then research some more. You will be very surprised at the historical evidence that is out there on the bible and jesus christ.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:30 AM

5,909 posts, read 3,806,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2redheads View Post
Not to be rude but I am curious, how would you live your life if there wasn't a bible? It seems strange to me that people live their life by a book. I am not a religous person so when it comes to religion I am clueless, I will admit that so this question might seem wierd to some people. I just don't get it, why can't you live your own life and make your own decisions on what you think is right or wrong, or what you should and shouldn't do. If god is suppose to love everyone then why does it matter what you do and don't follow?
Wow that's a loaded question! I haven't read what everyone else said but maybe I should before I comment.

I will say that it's way more than just following a book. Have you ever said that you wished something came with an instruction manual like kids or dogs? Well, the Bible is our instruction manual for life.....how to live life here on this earth to ensure we have everlasting life after death.

Left to our own devices, the devil has free reign. I know you don't believe in God or Satan but they are both very real and if you aren't serving God there is only one other alternative. There's no way to prove God to you but I know you have experienced pure evil at some point in your life so where do you think evil comes from? Not being sarcastic or smart, just pointing out that if you know evil is real then why is it so hard to believe that all good things must originate from somewhere?? It's God, our (all of us) heavenly Father who, yes, loves all of us but we must follow his direction and believe in His Son Jesus Christ to spend eternity with HIM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity