Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 08:38 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
um no actually, my salvation is only based on the finished work that Jesus did on the cross. I am not not worthy of anything, only by the shed blood of Jesus and the grace and mercy of God do i have any hope for tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Do you know anyone who is perfect?

arguy....yes, you have scripture supporting that view. But people on the flip side (and there are a lot here on C D) have scripture supporting that a real Christian will be sin free. I don't think you got my point.

No I don't know anyone perfect. No one can live a "sin" free life. I don't even believe "sin" exists!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 08:45 PM

595 posts, read 761,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2redheads View Post
Not to be rude but I am curious, how would you live your life if there wasn't a bible? It seems strange to me that people live their life by a book. I am not a religous person so when it comes to religion I am clueless, I will admit that so this question might seem wierd to some people. I just don't get it, why can't you live your own life and make your own decisions on what you think is right or wrong, or what you should and shouldn't do. If god is suppose to love everyone then why does it matter what you do and don't follow?
1 John 5:3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,
This is why I do the commands. Because I love Him, not because I have to. I know all He has told me to do is good for me and others I come in contact with.
John 5:39 You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me,
The Bible tells you about God and His Son. The Bible gives you God's instructions, but it is not God. Only through believing in his Son Jesus do I have eternal life.

If I may ask a few questions. And no disrespect in any way.
In a previous post you stated you are good and you have a good heart.
Have you ever lied? I have.
Have you ever stolen anything? I have
Have you ever lusted? I have. Have you ever said the Lord's name in vain? I have.
Have you ever disobeyed your parents? I have.
Have you ever coveted what someone else had? I have.
Have you ever hated someone? I have.
Then I am a liar, thief, adulterer, blasphemer, coveter, murder, disobedient. I need someone to save me because I myself am dead in my sin. So while I was dead in my sin, God sent his son Jesus to pay the price for the evil I have done against God, by disobeying what he asked me to do.
God says the Bible is written on our hearts and within us. Some know the things of God without reading and many others do not know unless they read. By hearing is how you believe. God will either send someone or he will put it in someones mind to ask. Some refuse, some ponder and some believe. I for one am a person who accepted God by human logic( it was really God's logic) and then met Jesus through the Bible. So when I began to read, it was because of desire to know him more.
These are the Scriptures that testify about me,. I desired to know more and the truth is this was my first prayer to God, was desire.
Now I know the truth about myself. There is nothing good in me except Jesus. He loves me, died for the sins I did yesterday, today and tomorrow, and helps me be good. Before I would of used excuses, Oh it's just alittle lie, Oh, they won't miss this, they have plenty, Oh, mom and dad didn't know what they were talking about. I was dead wrong on all counts.
So for me, the Bible teaches me how much I hurt God, when all the while he was trying to give and do me good. I made Him cry. But because he loves me more than I love him and he wanted me to live with him forever, he sent his only Son, Jesus to reconcile me back to God, have a relationship with him and live forever.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:57 PM

Mom, you just keep asking, don't stop for anyone.
And I am not being rude to anyone out there in city-data, but if you are a follower of Christ, should you not be honored that Mom is asking? Who is drawing this person?
Thank you Lord for Mom asking!
Thank you Mom for being here!

Old 10-21-2009, 08:59 PM

The only stupid question, is one that is never asked!

Old 10-21-2009, 09:27 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
arguy....yes, you have scripture supporting that view. But people on the flip side (and there are a lot here on C D) have scripture supporting that a real Christian will be sin free. I don't think you got my point.

No I don't know anyone perfect. No one can live a "sin" free life. I don't even believe "sin" exists!
No one is sin free, if we were sin free we wouldnt need a savior...Jesus had issues with people who like to point fingers and say how they were more righteous or Holy than others. I only know one that was perfect and I do know one that lived a sin free life, and he loves me and you enough to die for us.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
No one is sin free, if we were sin free we wouldnt need a savior...Jesus had issues with people who like to point fingers and say how they were more righteous or Holy than others. I only know one that was perfect and I do know one that lived a sin free life, and he loves me and you enough to die for us.

Start a thread on this and you'll see about half the Christians here will say that true Christians don't sin. And they have the scriptures to back it up. Just like you have scriptures to back your views up. Anyone can spin a verse to their liking.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:24 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Quote:
Start a thread on this and you'll see about half the Christians here will say that true Christians don't sin. And they have the scriptures to back it up. Just like you have scriptures to back your views up. Anyone can spin a verse to their liking.
That's a crock....all "Christians" sin...and anyone who says they don't sin or sin in ignorance...is just a liar. I consider myself a "True Christian" and I sin all the time. God uses these things to refine and perfect us...that's what people don't understand. When I sin, I now recognize it right away and I can ask forgiveness, learn from my mistake and move on to perfection. Everyone thinks being a "Christian" is just an I believe Jesus is my Savior prayer and they go on living life as usual...this is just sooooo wrong on so many levels. If we are not striving for perfection, which is attainable as Jesus told us, we are not truly following in the footsteps of Jesus. Paul told us that we will endure many hardships before we can enter in the Kingdom which is why we are to "work out our salvation with fear and trembling"...contrary to what some people may have been taught, perfection is a long process and no one accomplishes it in an instant just by believing in and having faith in Jesus. You have to change completely and change is hard.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
That's a crock....all "Christians" sin...and anyone who says they don't sin or sin in ignorance...is just a liar. I consider myself a "True Christian" and I sin all the time. God uses these things to refine and perfect us...that's what people don't understand. When I sin, I now recognize it right away and I can ask forgiveness, learn from my mistake and move on to perfection. Everyone thinks being a "Christian" is just an I believe Jesus is my Savior prayer and they go on living life as usual...this is just sooooo wrong on so many levels. If we are not striving for perfection, which is attainable as Jesus told us, we are not truly following in the footsteps of Jesus. Paul told us that we will endure many hardships before we can enter in the Kingdom which is why we are to "work out our salvation with fear and trembling"...contrary to what some people may have been taught, perfection is a long process and no one accomplishes it in an instant just by believing in and having faith in Jesus. You have to change completely and change is hard.

You "sin" all the time?! YOU are NOT a REAL Christian!

Old 10-22-2009, 06:33 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Quote:
You "sin" all the time?! YOU are NOT a REAL Christian!
Well I could lie and say that I don't...like some others...but that wouldn't be truthful!

Old 10-22-2009, 06:53 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
That's a crock....all "Christians" sin...and anyone who says they don't sin or sin in ignorance...is just a liar.
True.

1 John

8If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity