Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 03:31 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,509,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
They believe in purgatory!!! But nobody in the world, if in a "REAL" purgatory, would turn down the opportunity to be saved!!!
GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 04:10 PM

9,700 posts, read 10,063,423 times
universalism do not believe in hell ,by this they must see the world though rose colored glasses,,,,, Why can they not see the evil in the world ....Who knows ...... Universalisim do not believe that the Lord is eternal here today gone tomorrow.......They reject that Jesus is Lord ....Apostle Paul said that all dark spirit can be discerned by asking the spirit if Jesus is Lord In the Bible if the spirit can not do that than it is false........ For me the only universalism is the acceptance of all ideals that Jesus brought to his faith is universalism or the universal church ...Churches that call them self universal and limit Jesus are a false and rob God of his blessing

Old 01-07-2010, 04:36 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,048,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
universalism do not believe in hell ,by this they must see the world though rose colored glasses,,,,, Why can they not see the evil in the world ....Who knows ...... Universalisim do not believe that the Lord is eternal here today gone tomorrow.......They reject that Jesus is Lord ....Apostle Paul said that all dark spirit can be discerned by asking the spirit if Jesus is Lord In the Bible if the spirit can not do that than it is false........ For me the only universalism is the acceptance of all ideals that Jesus brought to his faith is universalism or the universal church ...Churches that call them self universal and limit Jesus are a false and rob God of his blessing
I'm a universalist and I don't see this WORLD in a good light at all. But I see dimmly the World to come and now is - the Kingdom of Heaven and it appears very delightful. I'm sure that God will replace this present evil world with that one. And I don't reject that Jesus is Lord. In fact, I believe that He will accomplish His mission which is to eradicate sin (something eternal torment believers do not believe in for they believe the sinner will always exist).

Paul

Old 01-07-2010, 08:52 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,780,727 times
Universalism is a doctrine ... It is cross denominational. You wont find many southern baptists universalists im almost certain, but youd be surprised how many Christians from various denominational backgrounds actually in their hearts believe in universal reconciliation, especially among students in theological seminary ... Unfortunately many of them will not confess to it publicly because of their fear of being ostracized from their community of believers.

The interesting thing is tha the word Catholic means universal ... I have considered that before Rome and the Latin west took control of Christianity, the use of the word catholic to describe the christian community was a reference to the fact that most Christians in the early church believed in universal salvation, the true message of the gospel Christs paying the price for the sin of the whole creation.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:35 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,906,815 times
Quote:
universalism do not believe in hell ,by this they must see the world though rose colored glasses,,,,, Why can they not see the evil in the world ....Who knows ......
Of course we see evil in the world.

Quote:
Universalisim do not believe that the Lord is eternal here today gone tomorrow.......
The Lord is eternal.

Quote:
They reject that Jesus is Lord ....
Jesus is King of kings and Lord of lords.

Quote:
Apostle Paul said that all dark spirit can be discerned by asking the spirit if Jesus is Lord In the Bible if the spirit can not do that than it is false........
Jesus is Lord, sent by the Father to die and take away the sin of the world.

Quote:
For me the only universalism is the acceptance of all ideals that Jesus brought to his faith is universalism or the universal church ...Churches that call them self universal and limit Jesus are a false and rob God of his blessing
We don't limit Jesus. Jesus is Savior of the world. All will bow before Him and worship Him.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:52 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,780,727 times
Quote:
You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

You should take the time to actually understand something before you attempt to criticize it.

What you are doing in so many words is something like writing a movie review about a movie you have never actually even seen.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:04 PM

9,700 posts, read 10,063,423 times
The only universal church I believe is the Holy Catholic church, Which is one baptism through, Lord Father, Jesus Christ and his Holy Spirit . This universal Church is the church of Roman Catholic, Eastern Catholic churches, Protestant churches, Evangelical, Penticostal, Baptist, and all churches that baptize their people in the water baptising and Fire Baptising in the Holy Spirit. This is the body of Christ. Liberal Churches that have the baptizing of the Holy Spirit are in this Holy Universal Churches or means the same as Holy Catholic Church. If Unitarianism church baptise their people with the fire of Holy Spirit and water baptizing though the name of Father God, Jesus,and the Holy spirit than they are is this Holy Catholic Church......See Catholic is not only Roman Catholic , Catholic means universal ...... In the Bible at John 17:11, 21 Jesus prayed that his church would be one Church that they be one like Jesus and his father in Heaven are one so the world would see this as the heart of Heaven
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity