Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 08:53 PM

78 posts, read 107,480 times

Advertisements

Just a quick off the cuff observation:

With all the times Paul made this greeting:

Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

It seems to me if he had the mindset that later theologins have, i would think that Paul is in big trouble by slighting the Holy Spirit so often
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 09:32 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,497,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipidydoodaa View Post
Just a quick off the cuff observation:

With all the times Paul made this greeting:

Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

It seems to me if he had the mindset that later theologins have, i would think that Paul is in big trouble by slighting the Holy Spirit so often
Only if later theologins are looking for trouble.....

Old 08-19-2009, 09:32 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,464,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Holy Spirit simply isn't mentioned here because the subject is the deity of Jesus Christ.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:26 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,810,269 times
Although not mentioned, the presence of the Holy Spirit is implied by the simple fact of being one.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:22 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,071,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I believe that in another thread I pointed out to you that your bible teaches you to test the spirits.
That verse is specifically regarding testing prophecies made by people in the church claiming to be prophets. Such a prophet should be 100% accurate. It's not regarding stuff like divination--which is expressly forbidden.
Quote:

I believe I stated something like "If christians believe that Jesus fulfilled the OT laws and that the OT is complete, then you, as a bible christian, believe the NT to be the law." I can't remember my exact words but it's close.
So, in the NT, it plainly tells you to test the spirits. Get over that fact that we can and do communicate with spirits. It's a fact and it will be here forever and someday, everyone will be able to do it. IT'S A FACT.
The "spirit" you claim to have communicated with was plain wrong. It was either a bunch of hooey or they just plain lied to you or whomever "talked" to it.

If you honestly cared to "test the spirits" you'd see that and know that this is something you shouldn't be contacting.
Quote:
I'm not trying to pass anything off as truth. I'm merely stating what I believe to be true. I never once said anyone HAD to believe anything.
Yes, John the Baptist gave a message on the book of John of your NT. He's a great guy. You should meet him!!
And as I've shown you--the "John the Baptist" that "gave a message" was either lying or a complete bunch of crap.

Test the spirits....admit it's flat out wrong. Be honest with yourself.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:05 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,972,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipidydoodaa View Post
i just wanted to respond with a couple of questions

sow me where in the scriptures it says "God the Holy Spirit"

where in scripture does it say it requires 3 to be one

the concept of the trinity is a carry over from the pagans that converted to christianity, in fact the church adopted the concept, they used the concept to lure more believers into the fold.

all pagan beliefs had the concept of 3 dieties making the 1 god.
so the church felt the need to imitate.

Jesus said that "my Father is greater than I" , If the trinity is 3 being equal, there is no scripture that supports that statement, or Jesus was misinformed.

If any care to look here is a list of the spurious passages of scripture. These words are not in the original manuscripts from where we get the Bible.

spurious Text Frames]http://www.bibletoday.com/htstb/spurious.htm
God being more than one can be seen clearly in the Old Testament. In the Book of Genesis God states. Let (US) make man in (OUR) image and in (OUR) likeness. Who do you think God was speaking to here? Without question, the Father was speaking to both the (Son), and the (HOLY SPIRIT)

And again, in the New Testament we read in 1 John 5:7. For there are (THREE) that bear record in heaven, the (FATHER), the (WORD) and the (HOLY GHOST and these three (ARE ONE). The Holy Ghost is the Holy Spirit.

John 1:1 was speaking only of Jesus Christ, and not the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ was the Word, the Holy Spirit is the Comforter. He came to earth when Jesus departed. This can be seen in John 16 verses 7 and 8.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:06 PM

723 posts, read 1,046,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
God being more than one can be seen clearly in the Old Testament. In the Book of Genesis God states. Let (US) make man in (OUR) image and in (OUR) likeness. Who do you think God was speaking to here? Without question, the Father was speaking to both the (Son), and the (HOLY SPIRIT)

And again, in the New Testament we read in 1 John 5:7. For there are (THREE) that bear record in heaven, the (FATHER), the (WORD) and the (HOLY GHOST and these three (ARE ONE). The Holy Ghost is the Holy Spirit.

John 1:1 was speaking only of Jesus Christ, and not the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ was the Word, the Holy Spirit is the Comforter. He came to earth when Jesus departed. This can be seen in John 16 verses 7 and 8.
Good enough explanation for me!!!!! Thanks Campbell!!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 08-20-2009, 11:52 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,865,336 times
This question is foundational to a true biblical Christianity. Doctrines that deny the deity of Jesus and in essence the trinity are what separate the Christian cults from the body of Christ.

Since these cults are powerful, are growing and proselytizing at a rate greater than most "evangelical" churches, it is no surprise that we have to deal with this heresy on this site.

If God did not die on the cross, the centrality of the gospel falls apart. You then have a form of salvation based on works of some sort or the other.

The cross carries my sins (and yours) far away as east and west; they are held against us no more. Could the earthly son of a God carry our sins to the cross? Perhaps, but he could not be risen from the grave were he not God incarnate. Without the death, burial and resurrection of one 100% God and 100% man, we have no gospel, we have no salvation outside of ouselves.

When the JW, the Mormon, the Christian Scientist engages you in debate, don't argue birthday celebrations, blood transfusions, baptisms by proxy, etc, etc. Go to the heart of the matter. Who is Jesus? If Jesus is not God, then another Jesus is being preached. Any other Jesus is a false God, one to be shunned, even if that group carries the full name in its title. The same Jesus who is God said he must go so the greater one could come. If Jesus is God, a greater is thus God, ie the Holy Spirit.

There is no dual person of the Godhead, there is a triune God. Any other doctrine is a false doctrine which has its roots in the plot of the evil one. Many otherwise wonderful, beautiful people are caught up in these false unbiblical doctrines. Our OP is obviously one of them. This grieves my heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity