Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 09:36 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,567 times

Advertisements

I'm sure we all can agree that Satan is the GREAT DECEIVER! For everything God does, he has a counterfeit! I have a question: Who here thinks that the "mark" would be two folds? Both in the spiritual and in the natural? Spiritual being, disobedience to God's commands and physical being, the new world monetary system apart from which, you cannot buy nor sell?

There's an earthly realm and a spiritual realm. You all know by now whose the Prince of either. What God does in the spiritual, the prince of this realm, will do in the natural. WILL DO!! There's a mark of obedience to God, and there's a mark of obedience to the "prince" of this world!

Who are you loyal to? And can you stand on that day when tested? That's what you need to be sure of! Can you stand! If we are raptured out, great! If not, can you stand????

I would really like to hear you're opinions. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 11:54 AM

23 posts, read 43,271 times
Hello Betsey,

I think you're right.

Deuteronomy 6:6-8 And these words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart; (7) and you shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.
NOTICE THIS (8) And you shall BIND them as a SIGN on you HAND and they shall be as frontals on your FOREHEAD. (obedience to God will be one thing that will separate us)

Now in Revelation speaking of the beast: Revelation 14:9 And another angel, a third one, followed them saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives a MARK on his FOREHEAD or upon his HAND. (10) he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger, and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. (obedience to the beast will be part of his Mark)

Last edited by Espi; 02-15-2009 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: left out a word

Old 02-15-2009, 11:58 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,519,673 times
Love and Wisdom do have translations into the modern world with all its problems.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:29 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,990,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espi View Post
Hello Betsey,

I think you're right.

Deuteronomy 6:6-8 And these words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart; (7) and you shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.
NOTICE THIS (8) And you shall BIND them as a SIGN on you HAND and they shall be as frontals on your FOREHEAD. (obedience to God will be one thing that will separate us)

Now in Revelation speaking of the beast: Revelation 14:9 And another angel, a third one, followed them saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives a MARK on his FOREHEAD or upon his HAND. (10) he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger, and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. (obedience to the beast will be part of his Mark)

Very interesting Espi that you posted Deut. 6:6-8.

Quote:
(8) And you shall BIND them as a SIGN on you HAND and they shall be as frontals on your FOREHEAD.
Now as to the next passage you posted. Rev. 14:9,10 and the words:

"If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives a MARK on his FOREHEAD or upon his HAND.

Q. Do you think God ACTUALLY meant for them to put the commands on their hands and on their foreheads?

I'm going to guess you'd say, "No, of course not."

To which I'd say. "Right."

God was using a 'figure of speech' or an 'analogy' to show them how important it was to remember (and do of course) do His laws.

So my point , and the reason I replied is this...

If God didn't literally mean for them to put these laws on their foreheads and hands then I am thinking the mark of the beast isn't AN ACTUALL mark on our forehead or hand either, but God is using the same 'figure of speech.'

I believe what Rev. is telling us is this. By believing in what the 'beast' is teaching you are taking it into your forehead i.e your brain and by following this said teaching(s) you are working for the 'beast' i.e working with your hands, or having the mark on your hand.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:08 PM

589 posts, read 1,560,089 times
I believe the Mark of the Beast is literal. In the Book of Revelation is the outline of catastrophic natural disasters that will usher in the Prince's (the future Antichrist) rise to power. The ensuing chaos, famine, destruction of the economy, disappearance of govt, and the worthlessness of money... give rise to the need of the "Mark" on the forehead or right hand of every person to do any buy or sell. It is the only way order can be restored in the communities and for the economy to function again. This is well-intentioned and all for good until the 5th Trumpet sounded!

In Rev 9, in the 5th Trumpet is the start of the great Tribulation. This is the time the Bottomless Pit is opened for the demons to pour out. Their leader Abaddon is released and the Prince becomes the Antichrist. I put 2 and 2 together and come to the conclusion that Abaddon possessed the Prince! Then he surrounds Jerusalem with his army of nephilim and commits the desecration in the Temple (Abomination of the Desolation). This is the start of 3.5 years of the Great Tribulation for the Christians.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
I believe the Mark of the Beast is literal. In the Book of Revelation is the outline of catastrophic natural disasters that will usher in the Prince's (the future Antichrist) rise to power. The ensuing chaos, famine, destruction of the economy, disappearance of govt, and the worthlessness of money... give rise to the need of the "Mark" on the forehead or right hand of every person to do any buy or sell. It is the only way order can be restored in the communities and for the economy to function again. This is well-intentioned and all for good until the 5th Trumpet sounded!

In Rev 9, in the 5th Trumpet is the start of the great Tribulation. This is the time the Bottomless Pit is opened for the demons to pour out. Their leader Abaddon is released and the Prince becomes the Antichrist. I put 2 and 2 together and come to the conclusion that Abaddon possessed the Prince! Then he surrounds Jerusalem with his army of nephilim and commits the desecration in the Temple (Abomination of the Desolation). This is the start of 3.5 years of the Great Tribulation for the Christians.
Quote:
In the Book of Revelation is the outline of catastrophic natural disasters that will usher in the Prince's (the future Antichrist) rise to power. The ensuing chaos, famine, destruction of the economy, disappearance of govt, and the worthlessness of money..
Which part of Revelation are you referring to?

Old 02-15-2009, 03:58 PM

589 posts, read 1,560,089 times
The Book of Revelation contains a series of 21 sequential developments represented by seven seals, seven trumpets and seven vials/bowls, which are described beginning in
Revelation 6. In the 7 Seals, the last Seal ushers in the 7 Trumpets, and the last Trumpet ushers in the 7 Vials.

Although the most popular Christian interpretation says that all of these events are future, It is evident that the first five seals have already been opened. This leaves us today awaiting the visible signs of the 6th seal, before the 3½ year Great Tribulation.

The 6th Seal to 4th Trumpet are natural disasters brought about by a Star the Bible called Wormwood. The 5th Trumpet is the midpoint of Daniel's 70th Week which is the beginning of the Great Tribulation.

http://www.darkstar1.co.uk/

Old 02-15-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
The Book of Revelation contains a series of 21 sequential developments represented by seven seals, seven trumpets and seven vials/bowls, which are described beginning in
Revelation 6. In the 7 Seals, the last Seal ushers in the 7 Trumpets, and the last Trumpet ushers in the 7 Vials.

Although the most popular Christian interpretation says that all of these events are future, It is evident that the first five seals have already been opened. This leaves us today awaiting the visible signs of the 6th seal, before the 3½ year Great Tribulation.

The 6th Seal to 4th Trumpet are natural disasters brought about by a Star the Bible called Wormwood. The 5th Trumpet is the midpoint of Daniel's 70th Week which is the beginning of the Great Tribulation.

Andy Lloyd's Dark Star Theory Brown Dwarf Binary Companion Nibiru
OIC. I didn't ask because I don't understand the book of Rev. I asked because I didn't know which part YOU were referring to.

Quote:
If that were true then the antichrist would be here defacto for he comes in the 5th seal...

Re 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

Re 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a *star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the *key of the bottomless pit.

*This 'star' is the antichrist. How do I know this 'he' is given the key to the bottomless pit. Why? Because that's where the fallen angels are held/kept till the last days. Long story....

Re 16:10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the *seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,

*seat of the beast...aka. the antichrist.

Quote:
The 6th Seal to 4th Trumpet are natural disasters brought about by a *Star the Bible called *Wormwood. The 5th Trumpet is the midpoint of Daniel's 70th Week which is the beginning of the Great Tribulation.

Re 8:11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the *waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

This goes back to Rev. 9:1. The star called Wormwood is the same star, and *waters in the book of Rev. means peoples.

Re 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the ***** sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

That's enough for now...

Old 02-15-2009, 08:34 PM

23 posts, read 43,271 times
Default Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
Very interesting Espi that you posted Deut. 6:6-8.

Now as to the next passage you posted. Rev. 14:9,10 and the words:

"If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives a MARK on his FOREHEAD or upon his HAND.

Q. Do you think God ACTUALLY meant for them to put the commands on their hands and on their foreheads?

I'm going to guess you'd say, "No, of course not."

To which I'd say. "Right."

God was using a 'figure of speech' or an 'analogy' to show them how important it was to remember (and do of course) do His laws.

So my point , and the reason I replied is this...

If God didn't literally mean for them to put these laws on their foreheads and hands then I am thinking the mark of the beast isn't AN ACTUALL mark on our forehead or hand either, but God is using the same 'figure of speech.'

I believe what Rev. is telling us is this. By believing in what the 'beast' is teaching you are taking it into your forehead i.e your brain and by following this said teaching(s) you are working for the 'beast' i.e working with your hands, or having the mark on your hand.
Sorry you misunderstood what I posted, after verses I put that OBEDIENCE WAS SOMETHING THAT WOULD SET US A PART.

ANSWER: You're right I certainly didn't mean God the Holy Father would actually write on us, brand us or put a some kind of mark on us.

Some of the meanings of to BIND:
1. to make certain
2. to be obligated, as a sense of moral duty
3. to make certain
4. to be indentured to
5. to place under oath
6. an act of binding or the state of being bound
Bound to what, to God's the words, which He was commanding. Due. 6:6

I believe by HAND is what we will be Doing. Such as giving a cup of cold water, (with our hand) giving an offering, feeding the hungry, visiting the sick,
doing His will. Doing what He said, such as diligently teaching them, talking about them, walking in them. Doing what He talking about and was teaching.

On your FOREHEAD: I think it means keeping the scriptures in our minds, have a Christ like mind, thinking good not evil, worshiping Him, believing all He taught, thinking about Him, meditating day and night. All of this take place in our minds or forehead.

Now Rev. 13:14 says in part And he (the beast) will deceives those who dwell on the earth. Where do you get deceived? In you Mind (forehead). And he will tell those who live on the earth to make an image (how will they make it, with their Hands) He will cause all to worship him (worship in the mind). Those that are deceived, small and great, rich and poor, free men and slaves, will be doing all that the beast requires of them.
And as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed.
Revelation 14:12 Here is the perseverance of the SAINTS, who keep the commandments of God and Their faith in Jesus.
Revelation 12:17 And the dragon (devil) was enraged with the woman, (the church) and went off to make war with the rest of her offspring who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

Mark 12:30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.

Mark 12:33 And to Love Him with all the heart and with all the understanding and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as himself.

If you'd like to listen or view something interesting, go to White Horse Media, and watch the Mark Of The Beast.

To all brothers and sisters in Christ, I'm glad that we can post what we believe, and in doing so know that no one will judge us and hopefully not get confused as to what each of us is trying to say. God Bless You

Last edited by Espi; 02-15-2009 at 08:42 PM.. Reason: typo's

Old 02-16-2009, 05:32 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,089 times
Introduction to Biometrics

Biometrics are automated methods of recognizing a person based on a physiological or behavioral characteristic. Among the features measured are; face, fingerprints, hand geometry, handwriting, iris, retinal, vein, and voice. Biometric technologies are becoming the foundation of an extensive array of highly secure identification and personal verification solutions. As the level of security breaches and transaction fraud increases, the need for highly secure identification and personal verification technologies is becoming apparent.

Biometric-based solutions are able to provide for confidential financial transactions and personal data privacy. The need for biometrics can be found in federal, state and local governments, in the military, and in commercial applications. Enterprise-wide network security infrastructures, government IDs, secure electronic banking, investing and other financial transactions, retail sales, law enforcement, and health and social services are already benefiting from these technologies.
The RFID chip is olde skool (so 1980's). Why not use what all humans have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity