Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 05:31 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,011,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Anyone may partake. Jesus fed Judas.

Judas was sent away, the covenant was made with the ones who stuck with Jesus in his trials. Although there were millions of Jehovah's people there, Jesus only gave the bread and wine and made the covenant with the faithful 11 apostles.

Judas did however, eat the passover meal with Jesus and the other apostles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2020, 09:08 AM

63,927 posts, read 40,194,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
There is a lot to that statement.

Jesus said in Matthew 18 that we SHOULD actually remove someone from our fellowship at times. It's a pretty big deal, and not to be taken lightly, but there are times when a person should be excommunicated.
That is a strictly human approach because it removes any possibility for influencing the person. It is a quitter's way of dealing with the problem definitely NOT Jesus's or God's approach. Humans are unbelievably perverse!

Old 08-27-2020, 12:33 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,054,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Judas was sent away, the covenant was made with the ones who stuck with Jesus in his trials. Although there were millions of Jehovah's people there, Jesus only gave the bread and wine and made the covenant with the faithful 11 apostles.

Judas did however, eat the passover meal with Jesus and the other apostles.
He was sent away? What verse says that?

And what verse possibly gives you the ideas that there were millions of Christians at that time?

Old 08-27-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is a strictly human approach because it removes any possibility for influencing the person. It is a quitter's way of dealing with the problem definitely NOT Jesus's or God's approach. Humans are unbelievably perverse!
It was Jesus talking. If that's what you think of Jesus, then that really illustrates your views.

Old 08-27-2020, 02:15 PM

11,903 posts, read 3,728,402 times
Quote:

And what verse possibly gives you the ideas that there were millions of Christians at that time?
There is none, he wasn’t sent away, he felt remorse and hanged himself

Old 08-27-2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
There is none, he wasn’t sent away, he felt remorse and hanged himself
Exactly.

Old 08-28-2020, 06:10 AM

Default Great Qurstion B

Quote:

It is rather difficult to discern Baptist, as you kind of have to look at multiple accounts of the event. In John we read: 18 I am not talking about all of you; I know the ones I have chosen. But this was so that the scripture might be fulfilled: ‘The one who was eating my bread has lifted his heel against me.’
I think you would agree that was speaking about Judas. going forward a few verses: (John 13:21) 21 After saying these things, Jesus became troubled in spirit, and he bore witness, saying: “Most truly I say to you, one of you will betray me.”
26 Jesus answered: “It is the one to whom I will give the piece of bread that I dip.” So after dipping the bread, he took it and gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Is·carʹi·ot. 27 After Judas took the piece of bread, then Satan entered into him. So Jesus said to him: “What you are doing, do it more quickly.” 28 However, none of those reclining at the table knew why he said this to him. 29 Some, in fact, were thinking that since Judas was holding the money box, Jesus was telling him, “Buy what we need for the festival,” or that he should give something to the poor. 30 So after he received the piece of bread, he went out immediately. And it was night.

Judas did drink the wine and partake of the bread, as we can see recorded in: (Luke 22:21) 21 “But look! the hand of my betrayer is with me at the table. . .
But was not part of the covenant because Jesus said this: (Luke 22:28-30) . . .“However, you are the ones who have stuck with me in my trials; 29 and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, 30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the 12 tribes of Israel.

Judas did not stick with Jesus, Luke just didn't record the sending away of Judas who had satan enter into him with the eating of the bread as shown by John's account.

A bit confusing really, hope that helps sir

Old 08-28-2020, 06:16 AM

Default Christians

Quote:

I am sorry Baptist I forgot to answer the second question. There were no Christians at the time, the new covenant was enacted later, but there were millions of Jehovah's people at the celebration in Jerusalem where Jesus and the disciples were, they were attending the commanded Passover celebration.

The Bible never gives the count of attendees, but this may help: Josephus records that, at one Jewish Passover feast in the days of Roman emperor Nero, they found “the number of sacrifices was two hundred and fifty-six thousand five hundred; which, upon the allowance of no more than ten that feast together, amounts to two millions seven hundred thousand and two hundred persons that were pure and holy.”—Wars of the Jews, Book 6, chap. 9, ¶3

Old 08-28-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
It is rather difficult to discern Baptist, as you kind of have to look at multiple accounts of the event. In John we read: 18 I am not talking about all of you; I know the ones I have chosen. But this was so that the scripture might be fulfilled: ‘The one who was eating my bread has lifted his heel against me.’
I think you would agree that was speaking about Judas. going forward a few verses: (John 13:21) 21 After saying these things, Jesus became troubled in spirit, and he bore witness, saying: “Most truly I say to you, one of you will betray me.”
26 Jesus answered: “It is the one to whom I will give the piece of bread that I dip.” So after dipping the bread, he took it and gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Is·carʹi·ot. 27 After Judas took the piece of bread, then Satan entered into him. So Jesus said to him: “What you are doing, do it more quickly.” 28 However, none of those reclining at the table knew why he said this to him. 29 Some, in fact, were thinking that since Judas was holding the money box, Jesus was telling him, “Buy what we need for the festival,” or that he should give something to the poor. 30 So after he received the piece of bread, he went out immediately. And it was night.

Judas did drink the wine and partake of the bread, as we can see recorded in: (Luke 22:21) 21 “But look! the hand of my betrayer is with me at the table. . .
But was not part of the covenant because Jesus said this: (Luke 22:28-30) . . .“However, you are the ones who have stuck with me in my trials; 29 and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, 30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the 12 tribes of Israel.

Judas did not stick with Jesus, Luke just didn't record the sending away of Judas who had satan enter into him with the eating of the bread as shown by John's account.

A bit confusing really, hope that helps sir
In other words, one has to read into the text to get the idea that he was sent away?

Old 08-28-2020, 07:08 AM

Quote:
I am sorry Baptist I forgot to answer the second question. There were no Christians at the time, the new covenant was enacted later, but there were millions of Jehovah's people at the celebration in Jerusalem where Jesus and the disciples were, they were attending the commanded Passover celebration.

The Bible never gives the count of attendees, but this may help: Josephus records that, at one Jewish Passover feast in the days of Roman emperor Nero, they found “the number of sacrifices was two hundred and fifty-six thousand five hundred; which, upon the allowance of no more than ten that feast together, amounts to two millions seven hundred thousand and two hundred persons that were pure and holy.”—Wars of the Jews, Book 6, chap. 9, ¶3
You mean the same ones shouting "CRUCIFY HIM!"?

Paul makes the statement in Romans 9:6-7 "For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel, and not all are children of Abraham because they are his offspring..."

He goes on to say in v. 8 "This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring".

So again, I ask. What makes you believe that there were that many of "God's people" there? We really have no idea how many faithful followers there were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity