Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2022, 04:29 PM

660 posts, read 235,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Moses wanted God to be merciful to all the people
Moses acts out of love because God loved us first. Moses wants mercy because God wanted mercy first.

1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us.

Thus, it has always been The Lord's plan to save all people. Universal Salvation has been true since the very beginning.

1 Thessalonians 4:9 Now concerning brotherly love you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another,

Old 11-30-2022, 04:36 PM

There I was, making another backup of a website with HTTrack Website Copier https://www.httrack.com/ like I did with the Tentmaker site, when I saw the "bytes saved" column and it reminded me of how everyone will be saved through faith alone in Jesus Christ. The whole world will go to Heaven and have a happy afterlife with the Lord of Hosts.

Ephesians 1:10 As a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.

When you save a file, there's always a file saving speed. When you download something from the Internet, you have a download speed.
https://www.speedtest.net/

Bits are like a light switch, they're either on or off, binary, 1 or 0. Every decision within a computer can be made by multiple series of "yes" or "no" questions.

Bit
Byte = 8 bits. Ex: A letter on your screen like "a"
Kilobyte = 1,024 bits. Ex: A paragraph of text.
Megabyte = 1,024 kilobytes. Ex: A book.
Gigabyte = 1,024 megabytes. Ex: A CD of music
Terabyte = 1,024 gigabytes. Ex: A Blu-ray DVD.
Etc.

The Almighty Lord saving the Earth is like how one downloads data online. There's a speed to it.

Psalm 100:5 For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues to all generations.

Right now, archiving this webpage, I have a rate of 7 kilobytes per second. But eventually, no matter how slow or fast the download speed is, the full file will be downloaded. Doesn't matter if that's 7 terabytes per second or 7 bits per second, as time moves forward, so do the percentage of people who believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone and thus be saved.

So, everyone becoming believers in Christ is not a matter of "if", but rather a matter of "when".

1 Corinthians 15:22-28 All will be made alive in Christ, but each in his own turn and ultimately Christ will subdue all His enemies, eliminate death and God will be all in all.

God has predestined all people to be saved, yet each individual person has the free will to decide when to be saved.

Gen. 12:3 "All peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

It's up to the person to believe in Jesus Christ for salvation, but it's guaranteed that eventually, everyone will believe in Him, it's only a matter of time.

ISAIAH 14:24, 27 The Lord Almighty has sworn, "Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will stand"... For the Lord Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him? His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?

Old 12-01-2022, 09:19 AM

ISAIAH 48:10 See, I have refined you ... I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.

Our current life is the furnace of affliction. But like smelting an iron ingot, you don’t keep it in the furnace forever. When you bake bread, you don’t keep it in the oven forever, otherwise it will burn to ash and will not be useful to the baker. Therefore, our suffering will not last forever, but only last a moment.

Old 12-01-2022, 09:59 AM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSong View Post
ISAIAH 48:10 See, I have refined you ... I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.

Our current life is the furnace of affliction. But like smelting an iron ingot, you don’t keep it in the furnace forever. When you bake bread, you don’t keep it in the oven forever, otherwise it will burn to ash and will not be useful to the baker. Therefore, our suffering will not last forever, but only last a moment.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 12-01-2022, 11:40 AM

4,631 posts, read 1,175,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSong View Post
Moses acts out of love because God loved us first. Moses wants mercy because God wanted mercy first.

1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us.

Thus, it has always been The Lord's plan to save all people. Universal Salvation has been true since the very beginning.

1 Thessalonians 4:9 Now concerning brotherly love you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another,
God said no, He will only have mercy on some. He only loves some. Hence He Loved Jacob and Hated Easu

Old 12-01-2022, 01:08 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
If we say God must show Grace to all in order to be fair, thats saying we believe mercy and grace is deserved some kind of way. It also is a attack on Gods Sovereignty and Glory . Gods Sovereign Glory is revealed in His witholding Mercy to some Exodous 33:18-19

18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.

19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

Moses wanted God to be merciful to all the people, however God was going to have mercy only on some, and that was His Glory, and you appear to rebel against it.
Get your head out of the OT mindset of our ancestors. God is NOT like our ancestors believed Him to be! That is why what Jesus revealed about God's True Nature of agape love and forgiveness was rejected by our ancestors. They simply could not conceive of such a God because of their indoctrination over lifetimes that God was wrathful and vengeful (and selective as you seem to believe)! Jesus revealed the ONE and ONLY God of agape love for us ALL! Get with the program!

Old 12-01-2022, 01:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Get your head out of the OT mindset of our ancestors. God is NOT like our ancestors believed Him to be! That is why what Jesus revealed about God's True Nature of agape love and forgiveness was rejected by our ancestors. They simply could not conceive of such a God because of their indoctrination over lifetimes that God was wrathful and vengeful (and selective as you seem to believe)! Jesus revealed the ONE and ONLY God of agape love for us ALL! Get with the program!

The said thing is there are many who still that hold to those ancient ignorant beliefs about God and are in so much fear of that God, they dare not think outside of those ignorant beliefs, fearing that may be perceived by God to be questioning him.

Old 12-01-2022, 02:41 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

The said thing is there are many who still that hold to those ancient ignorant beliefs about God and are in so much fear of that God, they dare not think outside of those ignorant beliefs, fearing that may be perceived by God to be questioning him.
You're absolutely right. It's all fear.
Fear is one of the biggest barriers to truth.
It doesn't have to be, though. Walk through the fear (and it is difficult, it can be VERY difficult I'm not gonna lie) and get to the beauty on the other side. It's worth it.

So many are chained to a system.
They may do just fine in this system, but when others come talking about freedom, about overcoming fear, they freak out and start trying to throw chains on them. THEIR chains. Freedom is too scary if all you've known is a system of dos and don'ts and God loves you IF.... God will save you IF....
IF...
IF....
IF....

There are no "if's" in unconditional love. Which is the type of love God has for each of us.
Unconditional.
Agape.
Love.
Period.

There is no fear in love, for perfect love casts out all fear.
Walk through that fear and get to the other side.

Old 12-01-2022, 03:58 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
It doesn't have to be, though. Walk through the fear (and it is difficult, it can be VERY difficult I'm not gonna lie) and get to the beauty on the other side. It's worth it.

They may do just fine in this system, but when others come talking about freedom, about overcoming fear, they freak out and start trying to throw chains on them. THEIR chains. Freedom is too scary if all you've known is a system of dos and don'ts and God loves you IF.... God will save you IF....
IF...
IF....
IF....

There are no "if's" in unconditional love. Which is the type of love God has for each of us.
Unconditional.
Agape.
Love.
Period.

Old 12-01-2022, 04:38 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

IF...
IF....
IF....

Unconditional.
Agape.
Love.
Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

I am sure it was you sparrow that used to say that fear is basically none love. Is that right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity