Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2022, 04:02 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSong View Post
1 Corinthians 3:4 For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere human beings?

Replace Paul and Apollos with Calvin. Calvin is a mere human being. We follow Jesus, not Calvin.
Did Jesus teach universal salvation, HSong?

Old 12-08-2022, 10:44 PM

660 posts, read 234,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Did Jesus teach universal salvation, HSong?
Yes.

1 Corinthians 15:22-28 All will be made alive in Christ, but each in his own turn and ultimately Christ will subdue all His enemies, eliminate death and God will be all in all.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,

Psalm 100:5 For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues to all generations.

Luke 2:10 But the angel said to them, Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people."

John 1:9 "The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world"

Old 12-08-2022, 10:46 PM

I was spreading the good news, that everyone will go to Heaven through faith alone in Jesus Christ, when I came across a girl who loves the Lord and she said an offhand comment about her parents potentially “wooping” her because she called 911 when her mother left the stove on and almost burned the house down.

Not only was the child in the right to call 911, since the cookies they were baking came out half burnt when the mother came and it could have turned into a serious fire, but as well, The Lord is against violent punishment.

“Wooping” here could refer to a spanking, a beating, or anything else that’s physically abusive. So, I said “The Bible is against the corporeal punishment of children”.

Proverbs 22:15 Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline drives it far from him.
Proverbs 29:15 The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother.

And further I said “The Rod that the Bible talks about is the same rod that Shepard’s use to guide their sheep.” Shepard’s don’t beat their sheep, that’s animal abuse. Thus, parents must not beat their children, that is child abuse.

https://biblehub.com/proverbs/29-15.htm
A rod
שֵׁ֣בֶט (šê·ḇeṭ)
Noun - masculine singular
Strong's 7626: Rod, staff, club, scepter, tribe

The Rod shows that a parent must always be there for their child, watching over them, instructing them righteousness.

Ephesians 6:4 Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

When a child is beaten, they become angry. Scientifically, physical hurting a child triggers intense stress hormones to be released in their brain which is the textbook definition of the emotion of anger.

The Bible says to not provoke children to anger. Do not scream at children, or aggressively yell at them. Instead, firmly and kindly say to them what is good, constantly. Discipline refers to giving a child rules to follow, telling them right from wrong, teaching them to be kind to others.

When you spank a child, you don’t respect them as another human, another one of God’s creations and you insult the Lord.

As well, there are many psychological studies that show that spanking is not only an ineffective method of discipline, but in fact encourages children to become more violent. And the Lord hates violence!

1 Timothy 3:3 Not violent but gentle
Proverbs 3:31 Do not envy the violent or choose any of their ways
Psalms 11:5 Those who love violence, he hates with a passion.
Proverbs 13:2 But the unfaithful have an appetite for violence
Proverbs 10:6-7 But violence covereth the mouth of the wicked
Proverbs 16:29 Violent people mislead their companions, leading them down a harmful path
Galatians 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are obvious, outbursts of anger.
Proverbs 4:17 For they eat the bread of wickedness and drink the wine of violence
Ezekiel 45:9 Thus says the Lord GOD: Put away violence.

An excellent thread on Tentmaker talks about this too.
https://tentmaker.org/forum/christia...259/#msg203259

Another Christian article that’s against the physical abuse of children.
https://www.thomashaller.com/PAbibli...nspanking.html

As well as some other scientific studies on the negatives of spanking of children.
https://www.apa.org/monitor/2012/04/spanking

https://news.utexas.edu/2016/04/25/r...y-researchers/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3447048/

So, to continue with my Evangelism conversation, she replied “Oh, they barely hit me”, but even still, barely hitting someone hard is still hitting someone.

Matthew 18:6 - But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

This is also another reason why Sheol will not have a physical fire, but rather, a mental one. They will feel mental pain and guilt for their actions in contrast to God’s love. God does not repay evil with evil.

1 Peter 3:9 Do not repay evil with evil
Romans 12:17-18 Recompense to no man evil for evil

It is a great evil that spanking children is still widespread, just as it is a great evil that the belief in Eternal Conscious Torment in Hell forever is still widespread. I felt compelled by the Holy Spirit to write this, with a similar conviction that I felt when compelled to write about Universal Salvation.

So, to all parents, please love your children. Do not harden your hearts. Because God loves us as a parent loves their children and will save everyone through Christ. Amen.

Old 12-09-2022, 09:20 AM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times
Quote:
Yes.

1 Corinthians 15:22-28 All will be made alive in Christ, but each in his own turn and ultimately Christ will subdue all His enemies, eliminate death and God will be all in all.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,

Psalm 100:5 For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues to all generations.

Luke 2:10 But the angel said to them, Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people."

John 1:9 "The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world"
All those verses pertain to Gods Elect People from all nations. You are being misleading friend.

Old 12-09-2022, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sadly, you have to KNOW the Gospel before trying to testify to it!!! You do NOT know the Good News (Gospel) of Jesus!!! Your Bad News is about a false Calvinist doctrine and blasphemes God.
Again just listen to the horrible things you say about the Gospel of God, you term it a false calvinistic doctrine, thats what you believe about the True Gospel, and God

Old 12-09-2022, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
All those verses pertain to Gods Elect People from all nations.
My friend, God's elected all people, from every nation to be saved. That is His plan since the beginning.

ISAIAH 45:22-24 "Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth. By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear. They will say of me, `In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength.'"

Old 12-09-2022, 09:56 AM

LAMENTATIONS 3:31-33 For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. (NIV) Though he may punish cruelly, yet he will have compassion in the fullness of his love; he does not willingly afflict or punish any mortal man.

No one will suffer forever. Eventually, everyone will be happy. God is a God of love, He wishes everyone to be happy. Therefore, in His bountiful loving compassion, everyone will come to Him for salvation.

Old 12-09-2022, 11:53 AM

Quote:
My friend, God's elected all people, from every nation to be saved. That is His plan since the beginning.

ISAIAH 45:22-24 "Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth. By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear. They will say of me, `In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength.'"
God hasn't elected/chosen everyone, thats a false statement, Matt 22:14

For many are called, but few are chosen.

But its True that God has chosen people out from every nation, yet you twist the Truth. Rev 5:9

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

May God be pleased to deliver you from your false gospel !

Old 12-09-2022, 01:05 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Again just listen to the horrible things you say about the Gospel of God, you term it a false calvinistic doctrine, thats what you believe about the True Gospel, and God
Calvin is NOT God or Jesus so I have done no such thing!! YOU have preached a false Gospel that blasphemes God and denies Jesus is God incarnate or you would believe His demonstration of God's TRUE NATURE as revealed on the Cross.

Old 12-09-2022, 02:43 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
Yes.

Let’s be clear. None of those passages were spoken by Jesus. However, further down in that John 1 passage, it says this…

Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. That doesn’t sound universal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity