Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2022, 10:10 AM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
On contrary, we either belong to the sacred seed of the women or the cursed seed of the serpent ! And we are born into this world belonging to one or the other.
You are mired in the poor choiceof language to express the source of our motivations (seed) as if it refers to our genetic source. It does not. We respond to the motivations of our physical body (seed of the serpent) or we respond to the motivations of our Heavenly Father's Spirit (seed of God). We choose which to respond to and our fruits reveal it and will be dealt with.

Old 10-07-2022, 04:24 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are mired in the poor choice of language to express the source of our motivations (seed) as if it refers to our genetic source. It does not. We respond to the motivations of our physical body (seed of the serpent) or we respond to the motivations of our Heavenly Father's Spirit (seed of God). We choose which to respond to and our fruits reveal it and will be dealt with.
My brother: mired he is in his own wee world. Union with Christ produces that which reflects our Father and not our scope.

"Never attempt to replace the unlimited viewpoint of God with your limited one."

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 10-07-2022 at 05:13 PM..

Old 10-07-2022, 05:49 PM

4,631 posts, read 1,173,945 times
Universalism is a false teaching because it denies the discriminating nature of Gods choice of people whom He Loves and saves. it is discriminating and peculiar . That it is discriminating and peculiar, not all-embracing or general. This is true because the scripture continually uses the word elect or election in the salvific context ,This contradicts the universality of it. There can be no preferred or favorites made, where all are taken, and nothing is left. That doesnt make good sense to be called Election, which embraces all without exception. An example is God and the nations Deut 7:6-7

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

Notice He showed this people special treatment above other peoples.

Again Ps 147:19-20

19 He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel.

20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the Lord.

Now the universalist denies this attribute of the True God

Old 10-07-2022, 06:38 PM

Universalism is a false teaching because it denies the discriminating nature of Gods choice of people whom He Loves and saves.

Scripture teaches that only a few are chosen, which speaks of election and mitigates against the false conclusion that everbody is chosen, Matt 20 16

So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Matt 22 14

For many are called, but few are chosen.

Universalism is in essence saying, dont worry everyone, everybody is chosen !

Old 10-08-2022, 04:56 AM

Universalism is a false teaching because it denies the discriminating nature of Gods choice of people whom He Loves and saves.

Scripture sets forth in the economy of Salvation that not all without exception shall be saved, but only a remnant, observe Rom 9:27

Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

Thats elect, a selection of people from the whole.

Lets continue with this biblical concept of only a remnant in the Spiritual concerns of Salvation

Isa 1:9

Except the Lord of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

Notice it says " the Lord had left unto them a very small remnant" The remnant is the Lords doing !

Isa 10:20-22

And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them; but shall stay upon the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.

The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.

For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, yet a remnant of them shall return: the consumption decreed shall overflow with righteousness.

Isa 11:11,16

And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

Gods people is only a remnant

And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.

Isa 37:31,32

And the remnant that is escaped of the house of Judah shall again take root downward, and bear fruit upward:

For out of Jerusalem shall go forth a remnant, and they that escape out of mount Zion: the zeal of the Lord of hosts shall do this.

Isa 46:3

Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb:

Old 10-08-2022, 12:27 PM

Lets look at that word remnant some more, in Jeremiah

Jer 23:3 ,6

And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.

6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, The Lord Our Righteousness.

The remnant shall be saved, the elect

Jer 31:7

For thus saith the Lord; Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the chief of the nations: publish ye, praise ye, and say, O Lord, save thy people, the remnant of Israel.

Joel 2:32

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

God only calls a remnant to be saved, and this includes gentiles. Thats why it says whosoever, the remnant isnt confined to the jews , yet its still only a remnant God calls to be saved

Amos 5:15

Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the Lord God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.

Notice, gracious not to everybody, but only a remnant ! A

Amos 9:12

That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the Lord that doeth this.

No doubt this is fufilled by the call of the remnant gentiles as told by James Acts 15:16-19

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

But notice the word in Acts 15: 17 residue , its a word similar to remnant and means:

left remaining. In fact the english definition is:

something that remains after a part is removed, disposed of, or used; remainder; rest; remnant.

All this brings trouble against the false teaching of universalism, God graciously deals election/ remnants !

Old 10-08-2022, 12:48 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Universalism is a sham..
No it's not...it's a sham to you.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 10-08-2022 at 12:49 PM.. Reason: from post 9705

Old 10-08-2022, 12:53 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
... We respond to the motivations of our physical body (seed of the serpent) or we respond to the motivations of our Heavenly Father's Spirit (seed of God).
We choose which to respond to and our fruits reveal it and will be dealt with.
Well said.
I might add not just the physical body, but the ego...right? -seed of the serpent-

Old 10-08-2022, 02:09 PM

The principle of election which the universalist refuses to acknowledge Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Even in the nation of israel, not all were to be saved, to obtain salvation, but only the elect, the rest were blinded. And the election is again a remnant Rom 11:5

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

And friends Salvation is only by this Grace, Electing remnant grace. There is no such thing as being saved by grace and turn around and deny electing discriminating remnant grace ! Thats why the Gospel of Gods Grace is so hated !

Old 10-08-2022, 05:51 PM

The remnant according to election opposes the universalism false doctrine. God has plentous mercy, and delights to show it upon sinners, yet not all sinners, but a remnant Micah 7:18

Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

God has mercy on thousands, but executeh punishment due on the rest Ex 34:7

Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

Only a remnant of mankind are vessels of mercy and the rest are vessels of wrath Rom 9:20-23

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Also Paul is speaking of the destiny of individuals not nations, though it would make much difference anyhow since nations are composed of individuals, but that he speaks of individuals is noticed in Vs 20 the pronoun ME "Why hast thou made me thus?"

In the original its singular and not plural !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity