Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2020, 05:36 AM

3,061 posts, read 913,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I think you will find that Jerwade believes this but probably not how you do mate, I think he would base who or what God is by the attributes of the Spirit, rather than upon the superstitions of men.
From what he says, Jerwade believes the Holy Scriptures where written by men, whose words cannot be trusted, and he rejects the words of the biblical God, and has not got the intestinal fortitude to reveal his own personal god.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:53 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
From what he says, Jerwade believes the Holy Scriptures where written by men, whose words cannot be trusted, and he rejects the words of the biblical God, and has not got the intestinal fortitude to reveal his own personal god.
They were men writing in the light they had at that time. We know God by Light . The writings say "he gives light to everyone who comes into the world".

because it is God who said, Out of darkness light is to shine, who did shine in our hearts, FOR the enlightening of the knowledge of the glory of God >>>>>>>>>>>> in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Cor 4:6

Old 04-15-2020, 05:54 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,346,485 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Old 04-15-2020, 07:30 AM

846 posts, read 609,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I am very honest, and I have informed you that your doctrine of eternal damnation is a false teaching, which you want to hold onto at all cost, even being critical of me by believing that you will be punished - if you believed or thought otherwise? Most of what I oppose is eternal damnation, the thought of demons, and the so called devil or Satan of Christianism. And that of fallen angels (messengers) that are not human. Nowhere, have I hidden this from anyone on this forum or elsewhere. Now, why don't you come up with some integrity of your own?
You were asked a simple question and your response was elusive full self congratulatory achievements. Although your resume is impressive it has little bearing on any Christian doctrine or truth.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:43 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
I believe in Jesus and all that is written Jesus had taught.
I also believe in the Holy Spirit's teaching that Jesus provided to those that are under Jesus Lordship.
The reasons I believe these is that they honor Jesus' name in intervention in my life and the lives of others that too choose the lordship of Christ.
The Holy Spirit provides the word of God, just as Jesus is the word of God.
Scriptures affirm and the Holy Spirit provides tutelage not only in scriptures but in all things.
This is God's design from the beginning. "To teach man"
God does not need or want slaves, simply by speaking the word can produce all that He wants.
Serving God is not a drudgery of something beneth Him but the opportunity to learn to trust Him and be amazed with His intervention and interest in mankind, in you.

Old 04-15-2020, 10:13 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
I think you will find that Jerwade believes this but probably not how you do mate, I think he would base who or what God is by the attributes of the Spirit, rather than upon the superstitions of men.
Correct.

Old 04-15-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I am very honest, and I have informed you that your doctrine of eternal damnation is a false teaching, which you want to hold onto at all cost, even being critical of me by believing that you will be punished - if you believed or thought otherwise? Most of what I oppose is eternal damnation, the thought of demons, and the so called devil or Satan of Christianism. And that of fallen angels (messengers) that are not human. Nowhere, have I hidden this from anyone on this forum or elsewhere. Now, why don't you come up with some integrity of your own?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
You were asked a simple question and your response was elusive full self congratulatory achievements. Although your resume is impressive it has little bearing on any Christian doctrine or truth.
There is nothing misleading with what was posted, you should be a bit more honest.

If you want to believe in the false doctrine of eternal damnation, you are free to do so.

Old 04-15-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
The writings say "he gives light to everyone who comes into the world".
Unfortunately, many prefer the darkness of their own imagination, instead of following the light they were born with. And much of that darkness is that which has been acquired from the teachings of others. An example is that of being prejudice, and those things that cause separation and/or division like that of religion.

Old 04-15-2020, 11:06 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,346,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I believe in Jesus and all that is written Jesus had taught.
I also believe in the Holy Spirit's teaching that Jesus provided to those that are under Jesus Lordship.
The reasons I believe these is that they honor Jesus' name in intervention in my life and the lives of others that too choose the lordship of Christ.
The Holy Spirit provides the word of God, just as Jesus is the word of God.
Scriptures affirm and the Holy Spirit provides tutelage not only in scriptures but in all things.
This is God's design from the beginning. "To teach man"
God does not need or want slaves, simply by speaking the word can produce all that He wants.
Serving God is not a drudgery of something beneth Him but the opportunity to learn to trust Him and be amazed with His intervention and interest in mankind, in you.
I Believe

I believe in "the restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouths of the prophets since the world began." -Acts 3:21-

I believe that the "good tidings of great joy will be to all people." -Luke 2:10

I believe that believers in Christ Jesus are "born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor the will of man, but of God." -John 1:13-

I believe

I believe that God appointed Jesus Christ "heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe." -Hebr. 1:2-

I believe that "no man can come to Christ unless the Father who sent Him draws him." -John 6:44

I believe "God gave Jesus authority over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as God gave him." -John 17:2-

I believe

I believe the Father "has given all things into Jesus' hands." -John 13:3-

I believe that Jesus Christ "was the true light which gives light to every man who come into the world." -John 1:9

I believe that "just as the result of one trespass was condemnation to all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification for all men." -Romans 5:18

I believe one mans sin "brought condemnation for all mankind." -Romans 5: 19-

I believe one mans righteousness brings "right relationship with God, and new life for everyone." -Romans 5:19-

I believe one mans sin made the whole of mankind sinners. I also believe the righteousness of one Man makes the whole of mankind righteous.

Old 04-15-2020, 03:29 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
I Believe

I believe in "the restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouths of the prophets since the world began." -Acts 3:21-

I believe that the "good tidings of great joy will be to all people." -Luke 2:10

I believe that believers in Christ Jesus are "born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor the will of man, but of God." -John 1:13-

I believe

I believe that God appointed Jesus Christ "heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe." -Hebr. 1:2-

I believe that "no man can come to Christ unless the Father who sent Him draws him." -John 6:44

I believe "God gave Jesus authority over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as God gave him." -John 17:2-

I believe

I believe the Father "has given all things into Jesus' hands." -John 13:3-

I believe that Jesus Christ "was the true light which gives light to every man who come into the world." -John 1:9

I believe that "just as the result of one trespass was condemnation to all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification for all men." -Romans 5:18

I believe one mans sin "brought condemnation for all mankind." -Romans 5: 19-

I believe one mans righteousness brings "right relationship with God, and new life for everyone." -Romans 5:19-

I believe one mans sin made the whole of mankind sinners. I also believe the righteousness of one Man makes the whole of mankind righteous.
The only part of those passages that appear to promote universalism is Romans 5. However, here’s what Paul said in Romans 8:

8 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity