Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 01:25 PM

72 posts, read 38,129 times

Advertisements

The question: How can God send people to eternal hell who never even heard of Jesus

Religions Answer: They are without excuse. Creation testifies. WRONG!

Creation does not testify of any of the salvific essentials.
-Sinless Son of God
-Crucifixion
-Resurrection

Heres the right answer:

Jesus said: “And I, If I be lifted up from the earth WILL DRAW ALL MEN UNTO ME.”

If any human, even one, dies without having been DRAWN UNTO JESUS by the GOSPEL, not some general revelation....then Jesus FAILED to keep his word. Thats impossible.

Thus we must conclude that for Jesus to be 100% successful in drawing every human being to himself...and many die without ever hearing the gospel...that means they WILL get to hear it postmortem and be given a chance to repent.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:38 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,030,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorMark View Post
The question: How can God send people to eternal hell who never even heard of Jesus

-Sinless Son of God
-Crucifixion
-Resurrection

Heres the right answer:

Jesus said: “And I, If I be lifted up from the earth WILL DRAW ALL MEN UNTO ME.”

If any human, even one, dies without having been DRAWN UNTO JESUS by the GOSPEL, not some general revelation....then Jesus FAILED to keep his word. Thats impossible.

Thus we must conclude that for Jesus to be 100% successful in drawing every human being to himself...and many die without ever hearing the gospel...that means they WILL get to hear it postmortem and be given a chance to repent.
Dear PastorMark: This, for me, is one of the foundations for what the prophets have declared regarding the mighty Restitution of our God. When the Master said He will draw, drag off in power, impel ALL mankind to Himself, that He will surely do!

ALL of created life shall be delivered...

Not only the elect.

Not a few lucky ones who make good decisions.

The radical all of polus and pas!!!

Old 06-28-2019, 09:28 PM

33,250 posts, read 26,463,354 times
Quote:

-Sinless Son of God
-Crucifixion
-Resurrection

Heres the right answer:

That's your interpretation of what Jesus said in John 12:32. But Jesus did not mean that every individual would be drawn to him, but that not only Jews, but Gentiles as well, would be drawn to him. But not every Jew, and not every Gentile because Jesus made it clear in John 5:28-29 that some would be resurrected to a resurrection of life while others would be resurrected to a resurrection of judgment. Those are two diametrically opposed states and two different groups of people.

Here is what Dr. Edwin A. Blum who did the commentary of the Gospel of John in the Bible Knowledge Commentary writes concerning John 12:32;
Jesus said that at the cross He would draw all men to Himself. He did not mean everybody will be saved for He made it clear that some will be lost (John 5:28-29). If the drawing by the Son is the same as that of the Father (6:44), it means He will draw indiscriminately. Those saved will include not only Jews, but also those from every tribe, language, people, ans nation (Rev. 5:9; cr. John 10:16; 11:52).

The Bible Knowledge Commentary, New Testament, An Exposition of the Scriptures by Dallas Seminary Faculty, p. 318
Jesus further made it clear that not everyone would enter the kingdom of heaven, and that there would be those to whom he would tell to depart from Him and that He never knew them (Matthew 7:21-23).

Old 06-28-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
That's your interpretation of what Jesus said in John 12:32. But Jesus did not mean that every individual would be drawn to him, but that not only Jews, but Gentiles as well, would be drawn to him. But not every Jew, and not every Gentile because Jesus made it clear in John 5:28-29 that some would be resurrected to a resurrection of life while others would be resurrected to a resurrection of judgment. Those are two diametrically opposed states and two different groups of people.

Here is what Dr. Edwin A. Blum who did the commentary of the Gospel of John in the Bible Knowledge Commentary writes concerning John 12:32;
Jesus said that at the cross He would draw all men to Himself. He did not mean everybody will be saved for He made it clear that some will be lost (John 5:28-29). If the drawing by the Son is the same as that of the Father (6:44), it means He will draw indiscriminately. Those saved will include not only Jews, but also those from every tribe, language, people, ans nation (Rev. 5:9; cr. John 10:16; 11:52).

The Bible Knowledge Commentary, New Testament, An Exposition of the Scriptures by Dallas Seminary Faculty, p. 318
Jesus further made it clear that not everyone would enter the kingdom of heaven, and that there would be those to whom he would tell to depart from Him and that He never knew them (Matthew 7:21-23).

Ah yes, the old “some from among all argument”.
Yay! Jesus is only going to try to go after SOME people not ALL people. Good News!
I sure hope you are one of the some. You wouldn't by chance be a Calvinist would you? Because that is a Calvinist position. God doesnt desire all to be saved, just some of all.
Then why say all when you could just say some?

So lets restate it so it fits your position.

“And I if I be lifted up from he earth, will draw SOME unto me...but I promise to evenly distribute the some across all nations so that I get a nice mix. Because I don't play favorites.”

Thats BAD NEWS for most but not GOOD NEWS for all.

The angel said, Behold I bring you glad tidings of good news which shall be for ALL PEOPLE....
Oh I mean some of all. sorry.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:47 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
The question for me would be how could any god-thing worthy of the capital G have anything to do with an eternal people-toaster?

Old 06-28-2019, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The question for me would be how could any god-thing worthy of the capital G have anything to do with an eternal people-toaster?
I like the simplicity in what you said.

Some of us ask this.
How can God say I love you soooo much...and if you dont love me back I will incinerate you for eternity.

If a man proposed to a woman and said “I love you, will you marry me...by the way if you dont I will kill you.”
That would destroy any potential of the love being reciprocated.

Yet modern church lambastes people like me who question these contradictions all the while hiding hell and preaching love love love. The only time they want to talk about hell is to disprove universalists. Otherwise they hide this doctrine as much as possible because they know intrinsically it is a deal breaker for rational people.

An Native American guy said in response to a gospel presentation from a friend of mine.
“You mean all my Chickashaw ancestors are burning in hell because they never heard of Jesus?”
“Uh...yes”
“No thanks you can keep your religion”

The fact that Christians can defend eternal hell proves they spend very little time evangelizing people and telling their true beleifs on the afterlife. If they did they would see the ill effect it has on the gospel.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:59 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The answer is NO God would who wasn't a completely evil monstrosity. Certainly, NOT the God revealed by Jesus.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:05 PM

33,250 posts, read 26,463,354 times
Quote:
Ah yes, the old “some from among all argument”.
Yay! Jesus is only going to try to go after SOME people not ALL people. Good News!
I sure hope you are one of the some. You wouldn't by chance be a Calvinist would you? Because that is a Calvinist position. God doesnt desire all to be saved, just some of all.
Then why say all when you could just say some?

So lets restate it so it fits your position.

“And I if I be lifted up from he earth, will draw SOME unto me...but I promise to evenly distribute the some across all nations so that I get a nice mix. Because I don't play favorites.”

Thats BAD NEWS for most but not GOOD NEWS for all.

The angel said, Behold I bring you glad tidings of good news which shall be for ALL PEOPLE....
Oh I mean some of all. sorry.
You ignore other scripture which states that not all men will be saved.

The Gospel is good news. Salvation is available to all, but not all will come to Jesus so that they may have salvation.

Again, you ignore that Jesus further made it clear that not everyone would enter the kingdom of heaven, and that there would be those to whom he would tell to depart from Him and that He never knew them (Matthew 7:21-23).

And no, I am not a Calvinist.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The answer is NO God would who wasn't a completely evil monstrosity. Certainly, NOT the God revealed by Jesus.
But the whole point of the gospel is to reconcile people to God...yet we have Christians who care more about defending doctrines that repel people from God. Go figure.

Find me a sermon to the gentiles in Acts that speaks of eternal punishment. None. Yet this is supposedly the virtuous doctrine of the purists today.

Old 06-28-2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You ignore other scripture which states that not all men will be saved.

The Gospel is good news. Salvation is available to all, but not all will come to Jesus so that they may have salvation.

Again, you ignore that Jesus further made it clear that not everyone would enter the kingdom of heaven, and that there would be those to whom he would tell to depart from Him and that He never knew them (Matthew 7:21-23).

And no, I am not a Calvinist.

https://tentmaker.org/FAQ/22.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity