Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 10:16 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,726 times

Advertisements

Just out of curiosity and to see what the forum thinks......the rags like USA today and others report 80% of the USA is Christian, when you can look around and see that is totally off the mark. No one but the Lord can look on the heart and know for sure, but I'm talking about born again gospel believing spirit filled brothers and sisters actually in the "body of Christ" that will be going up in the rapture..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 10:23 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times
All who are not dying?

Seriously, does a bigger number give more credence to any religion>?

SAVED by whose criteria? Are ONLY christians able to be saved? Who says these are saved, those are lost and them folks are just plain screwed??

Old 04-30-2017, 01:18 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,460 times
Zero.

It's impossible for man to be saved but everything is possible for god.

No one is good but god alone.

All those who do good to the resurrection of life.

"No peace for the wicked. No peace for all mankind", says the Lord

"Enter by the narrow gate for the gate is wide and the road is broad that leads to death and many travel it but the gate is narrow and the road is hard that leads to life and few there are who find it."

Old 04-30-2017, 02:20 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Most regulars on this forum know my view on Salvation what I want to say is never being around dogs or owning one before 2008, and against what I wanted, I gave into to my wife and her desire to have a dog. I told her on her this condition I will be ok with it, you pick up the poop, feed it, walk it and everything that I had no idea about having a dog. Anyway my wife comes home a week later after picking the dog up and finds me rolling on the floor with her and talking to her like I was her Daddy.. Anyway it ended up I walked her, fed her and picked her poop and said it wasn't good for her to be alone, so I went and bought a Crazy West Highland terrier so she had a sister Both of these beautiful dogs have taught me so much and taught me stuff no human could ever do. Now that is Salvationl

Old 04-30-2017, 03:01 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
Don`t know how many are saved in the world but I do know is that if you don`t know you are saved than you probably are not saved , and need to seek out the Lord on His ways and not on your ways ..... Still I do know that Jesus has countless people bound for heaven ...........Plus there are many people bound for heaven that many people would condemn not going .....

Old 04-30-2017, 03:02 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Saved from what? Traditional Christianity thinks salvation is all about going to heaven but a lot of verses point to the Kingdom of God being about the rule of God over the earth

Matt 6:10 9So then, this is how you should pray: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name, 10Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11Give us this day our daily bread,…

Old 04-30-2017, 03:10 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,777,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Saved from what? Traditional Christianity thinks salvation is all about going to heaven but a lot of verses point to the Kingdom of God being about the rule of God over the earth

Matt 6:10 9So then, this is how you should pray: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name, 10Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11Give us this day our daily bread,…
Saved from the penalty of sin, which is spiritual death.

Old 04-30-2017, 03:35 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Saved from the penalty of sin, which is spiritual death.
Because we are all born natural sinners?

Old 04-30-2017, 07:24 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,870 times
well since the Lord uses wheat and tares and sheep and goats as analogies to the harvest .
I wonder that the current percentages were of these to each other.http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/usda...08-09-2011.pdf

and so sheep 5,816,000+, goats 3,140,000 + = 8,957,000 is 0.350 % goats to sheep

Weeds may cause 40-percent-yield loss in wheat

so tares/weeds in the wheat crop , thus in the churches will mean a loss of 40% Loss of real WHEAT ...give or take a few..

since these two figures are in fact awful close to being in an agreement in any given year , I am going with about 35-40% will be "goats" or "tares" . in other words folks who were in it for a dinner and a show or to bring others out of the churches or just had a covenant with a pew... that is just a guess because of how the Lord uses those loses and state it in those terms, and I found the results interesting though . I would have guessed it at around 25 % in both tares and goats.

Old 04-30-2017, 07:53 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,899,606 times
"Saved" from what ...the wrath of God? At times I suspect that it MUST just be me that doesn't see the logic behind this kind of religious teaching. It HAS to be just me. See, it doesn't make sense (to me) that a God who desires that NO ONE be destroyed, i.e. that EVERYONE be saved (2 Peter 3:9) would make such rules in the first place knowing that most WILL perish. Moreover, 'repentance' is kinda tricky since, as long as we continue to 'sin', i.e. remain imperfect for as long as we live, then we will all die with 'sins' that are NOT 'repented' of. Is there a 'clause' in the scheme of things that make allowances for a 'sin' that was not repented of because we couldn't gasp it out in time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity