Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 10:19 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,173,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Saved from what? Traditional Christianity thinks salvation is all about going to heaven but a lot of verses point to the Kingdom of God being about the rule of God over the earth

Matt 6:10 9So then, this is how you should pray: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name, 10Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11Give us this day our daily bread,…
Saved from the lake of fire.......those who are saved today have heaven as their home already, and yes we will be able to travel to earth and back, and the Lord will rule from Jerusalem for a thousand years and we may be a part of that. As we sail off into eternity we will be spreading the Lords influence throughout the heavenlies.......much excitement coming up........most think the Rapture is an escape, when in fact it is about a uniting in heaven with our Savior and being given our glorified bodies.........we are not meant for wrath and will be in heaven during the Trib...........

Grace and peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 10:22 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,734,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
"Saved" from what ...the wrath of God? At times I suspect that it MUST just be me that doesn't see the logic behind this kind of religious teaching. It HAS to be just me. See, it doesn't make sense (to me) that a God who desires that NO ONE be destroyed, i.e. that EVERYONE be saved (2 Peter 3:9) would make such rules in the first place knowing that most WILL perish. Moreover, 'repentance' is kinda tricky since, as long as we continue to 'sin', i.e. remain imperfect for as long as we live, then we will all die with 'sins' that are NOT 'repented' of. Is there a 'clause' in the scheme of things that make allowances for a 'sin' that was not repented of because we couldn't gasp it out in time?
the part you didn't 'put with the cherry picking you did .. is The father isn't going to be mocked "as a man sows so shall he reap" ... when the Fathers says
"come and sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool" ... it is the Father who is and always has been holy and has not to date ever dealt with mankind or even these dimensions probably .But we're about to get closer to BIG Daddy, he's the GUY with the plan to have a family and a people and world to love eventually. I don't think the Father is actually coming to earth this time .. He is just coming closer like dropping down one dimension .and part of his kingdom will marry/ connect to Israel, or over Israel .Now the 8th day he comes to the new earth and every thing not of flesh of his flesh and bone of his bone is gone and history because then is when he comes here and it is for real...

Jesus says If you have seen me you have seen the Father " because Jehovah(right arm of God created earth , then Jehovah with Yeshua(man) , then Jesus joins to earth and with it owned hell ) Yehovah Yeshua is another aspect of the same God Jehovah exactly like the other names or aspects of Jehovah as he revealed himself to mankind , and has been the only God mankind has ever dealt with". Father couldn't deal in anyway with mankind without wiping all mankind out and probably all these dimensions we are in also... Jesus/ right ARM/ Jehovah created and is that link between the Father and then earth and then earth to man He always has been the only link . by dying He only proved he is the only link to mankind and to the Father .. so what is coming Next is the Father's kingdom and only things tried in His fires and to those who are fireproof with a New and shiny body waiting for them will survive and even them not unscathed.. because no flesh will inherit his kingdom, all will die one way or the other, some in a twinkling of an eye and some way worse at the hands of their own sins.. but some will be saved through that death and those trials ,and by that way of faith .

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-01-2017 at 10:40 AM..

Old 05-01-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Almost all of them.

I think the ones who are obsessed with this question fall into two broad camps: 1) Those who distrust God's redemptive power and love and 2) Those who are obsessed with being among the elect.
I totally trust Gods power and love, and I have absolutely no pride in my salvation......I was a sinner and I'm only saved by my faith in HIS grace and mercy........all who are saved know they richly deserve to be sent to hell as a fallen one......but Jesus has given a way out to ALL who would believe.....and to top it all off it's a FREE GIFT you can't buy your way or work your way into heaven........fantastic news

Old 05-01-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
When people die, their beliefs die with them.
We ALL will live eternally somewhere......you will be with Christ or eternally separated.......we all will have a resurrection (even the unbelievers) either to life with Christ or to be sent to the lake of fire. You don't want to be in that lake.......

Old 05-01-2017, 12:40 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,788,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Yes, Jesus. If you repent, accept Jesus' death as payment for your sins, you are righteous before God.

2 Corinthians 5

21*For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
Paul had no clue.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:44 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,809,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Paul had no clue.
If you don't mind, I will trust the Apostle Peter over you, regarding Paul.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:47 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,719,472 times
This is where the imaginings of men distort the message of God ..... mixing the flesh with the spirit

God has only revealed things to his people, the whole bible is addressed to HIS people (To be HIS messengers to humanity)..... Jesus was warning his people of the destruction and ejection from the rule of the kingdom of God on earth

That happened to to the Jews (Judah) in 70AD

Gods kingdom is not God saving some people to sit in heaven watching the vast majority of people who have ever lived burning in an everlasting hell

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering etc God is spirit ..... those are his qualities, and those are the qualities he requires of his messengers

Jesus said that people will be judged by the words of their mouth, and out of the mouth proceeds evil ... if you are ok with the vast majority of humanity suffering eternally how much of the fruit of the spirit do you actually have?

Old 05-01-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Paul had no clue.

Paul knew all the clues plus had mysteries held in the mind of God for centuries revealed to him....it's all there in the book....but this isnt about men but glorifying the one who truly deserves it........

Old 05-01-2017, 08:32 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,734,220 times
"if you are ok with the vast majority of humanity suffering eternally"? who said anyone is ok with it?
I said I would not Judge those ( God, Yeshua , Queen of sheba, Peter etc ) who judge them when it happens..
just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't going to happen just as Jesus and Enoch said.
this fact that there is as much evidence for a eternal hell as there is against it, IS FACT>> and that fact is why we all need to get off our dead beat luke warm butts and get people to the foot of the cross. before their own sins crucify them or they burn in hell forever which ever comes first doesn't matter.
they have to come to repentance to be saved period!! if not they face one or the other of these punishments .

Old 05-01-2017, 09:10 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
When people die, their beliefs die with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
We ALL will live eternally somewhere......you will be with Christ or eternally separated.......we all will have a resurrection (even the unbelievers) either to life with Christ or to be sent to the lake of fire. You don't want to be in that lake.......
A good harbor or haven is worth its weight in gold.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity