Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 02:32 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,931,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
And get this: the UK Daily Mail reports that ISIS heavily sedated the pilot so he would not scream as he burned and sure enough, if you watch the video you will hear that he doesn't utter a peep, although he thrashes about pretty fiercely. I wonder if we'll be able to count on God to give us a never-ending injection of spiritual morphine for our everlasting torment thrashing about in the lake of Fire. If eternal torment is true as fundamentalists claim it is then it can be said that even ISIS is more merciful than God.

Jordanian pilot Moaz al-Kasasbeh who was burned to death in ISIS video 'was sedated' | Daily Mail Online

Let me introduce you to the true God---deut 30:19-- He set before all--Life or death--both are everlasting. Nothing else--Eternal torment teaching is taught by false religions that do not know God.

It was symbolism, the teachings of eternal torment--One of them is. The place where the worm dieth not----There isn't a worm in existence that could survive more than 15 minutes in a hot firey place--6 feet under is where the worm dieth not.
Symbolism for the value of what is lost by those destroyed in the lake of fire---As each new day dawns in Gods kingdom, those miss each new dawning day for eternity. It never ends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 04:35 PM

175 posts, read 175,193 times
hd4me,
When i read this part of your post;

Quote:
Jesus was a Jew and his thoughts would be in line with the thoughts of Jews in general as above. His thoughts about death are found in John 11:11 with the resurrection of Lazarus. He described death like sleep (not literally sleep but like sleep). Compare Matthew 9:24.
This came to mind:

John 11 21-24:

21 Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.

22 But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.

23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

You are right, the everyday Jew believed that we are dead and know nothing, they believe in the ressurection at the second coming of the messiah.

I believe that Jesus and His father see the death of us humans as sleep, cause at any time they desire they can restore life, it is all up to God and His Son.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity