Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 08:29 PM

45 posts, read 30,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
IMO, what you do, despite being irrational, is not going to harm anyone as long as you are honest when presenting the bible as a whole. It is fiction. Parts of it you want to believe. But, presenting it as truth will make me get my stick out. I hope you are as nice as you seem.
Fiction you say, I disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 08:32 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,176,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacebwithyou View Post
Fiction you say, I disagree.
You're entitled to your opinion. If you want to claim it as true, bring some hard evidence.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:35 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,410,250 times
Quote:
Did you see Jesus rise from the dead?
Did you witness the flood?
Have you any evidence that this God exists?

There are many people who believe in big foots. Have said they have seen them, yet, we have 0 evidence they exist. Things written in books are not evidence of a supernatural being. To think otherwise, is blind faith. The same faith many humans believe in other religions such as Hinduism, Shintos, Buddhism etc.
Nope
Nope never happened
The world and all that is therein. Of course you probably think the world came about from a big bang or something along those lines. and you are entitled to that theory.

Old 08-19-2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Nope
Nope never happened
The world and all that is therein. Of course you probably think the world came about from a big bang or something along those lines. and you are entitled to that theory.
Actually, I make no judgement as to the origin of our world and our existence. But, I will take more scrutinized information from science, than an old book of fiction.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:13 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,931,084 times
Quote:
Actually, I make no judgement as to the origin of our world and our existence. But, I will take more scrutinized information from science, than an old book of fiction.

Revelation written over 1900 years ago( give or take) has been passing before the worlds eyes for quite awhile now. Nearing its end.

Old 08-20-2016, 05:00 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,458,179 times
Quote:
You mean the science that each week discovers they were wrong the week before???

Old 08-20-2016, 09:42 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,255,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Revelation written over 1900 years ago( give or take) has been passing before the worlds eyes for quite awhile now. Nearing its end.
Yeah, they've been saying that for oh...about 1899 years now.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,255,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You mean the science that each week discovers they were wrong the week before???
Although you utilize hyperbole to an absurd degree, all you've indicated is that Science polices itself well. Unlike, say, Religion, one cannot simply make up scenarios in Science and declare them as true. They must be able to be replicated by others and consistently achieve the same result.

If they do not, then they are relegated to the dustbin of history.

Your 30,000+ denominations do not exactly testify to a coherent message from your would-be godling.

They can't all be right.

But they most certainly can be -and in MO are - all wrong.

Especially your glazed-eyed, robotic 1-percenters.

Old 08-21-2016, 03:38 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,410,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Although you utilize hyperbole to an absurd degree, all you've indicated is that Science polices itself well. Unlike, say, Religion, one cannot simply make up scenarios in Science and declare them as true. They must be able to be replicated by others and consistently achieve the same result.

If they do not, then they are relegated to the dustbin of history.

Your 30,000+ denominations do not exactly testify to a coherent message from your would-be godling.

They can't all be right.

But they most certainly can be -and in MO are - all wrong.

Especially your glazed-eyed, robotic 1-percenters.
Why are some then called theories.

Old 08-21-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yah, the same science that brings us cars, tvs, cell phones, modern medicine(that really heals), electricity, etc......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity