Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2016, 06:19 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,996,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I am thankful they...well give me a minute and I will come up with something...

Seriously---ONLY JESUS HAS AUTHORITY. The bible is spunk..
You are half right. How do you know the Bible is spunk? Let me guess; you reject anything in it that refutes your own personal theology.

Quote:
One can READ, STUDY, and REGURGITATE biblical myths all day long and still not have the TRUTH that passes all understanding..
No they can't. In fact you rejecting the Bible as God's inspired word and making up you own theology keeps you from knowing the truth, the whole truth and nothing bu the truth.

Quote:
I GOT IT..I am thankful they provoke me to think and STRENGTHEN my FAITH and UNDERSTANDING of MERCY, LOVE an JUSTICE...
To make you think is the point. Think about this. Christianity is more than about MERCY, LOVE AND JUSTICE.

The main subject of the Bible is the person and work of Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
So was it 6 to 10 thousand years ago at gen1 omega?
That is when it happenened but it was not a dream.

Quote:
or when your god forcefully implanted it's seed in a virgin?
If you are going to mock the Bible, at least quote it accurately. Your erroneous post will be exposed by those who know the Bible better than you do and that will expose you as not being concerned about the truth.

Lk 1:38 - And Mary said, "Behold, the bondservant of the Lord; may it be done to me according to your word.."

Even you should recognize that Mary gave her permission.

Better luck next time.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Now now finnie, there is a difference between disrespect and rebuking---unless what Jesus did when He rebuked the Pharisees was disrespectful and wrong?

After all Christ said that what He has done, we would do even greater...

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Can you quote this verse in less than 3 chapters?
Can you tell us what that verse teaches in a short paragraph?

Old 09-14-2016, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Threatening someone with an endless life of torment or annihilation, serves no purpose:

"Repent, while you still have time."

Now, reaching out to them in love, that in, and of itself has a profound effect.
Penetrating to the depths of one's being, far beyond the superficial.
Real love includes telling the consequences of rejecting Jesus.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
To err is human, to forgive, divine.
In other words, I forgive them, and you.
That seems judgmental to me and you know what Jesus said abut judging others, right. It is that old adage about the plank and the speck.

What error have I made and what have you forgiven me of?

Old 09-14-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
So what, jimmie??? It does not in any way support the moronic and absurd belief that it is the 100% word of God.
It it isn't you have no assurance your beliefs about Jesus or love or anything else is valid.

Quote:
Nothing about Jesus and His message would be altered by acknowledging that the Bible is a very fallible construct of humans compiling a record of our interactions with and revelations from God.
Of course it would. Then we would have to rely on the opinions of sinful, errant men. Through the ages men have describe in incorrect terms what Jesus is and what He teaches. WE are warned in the bible to beware of false teachers. We can only determine they are false teachers by comparing what they say with what Go says,

Quote:
We would still learn the TRUE NATURE of God from the teachings of Jesus and His unambiguous demonstration. We would still have to test the Spirit of everything to be sure it is from Jesus or God. By NOT testing and blindly accepting everything you are following a corrupt version of His Gospel that is anything BUT Good News.
How can we learn the true nature of God and the teachings of Jesus apart from what God tells us in His WORD? WE need the Holy Spirit, not man to guide us into the truth and He can only do that through "God's inspired and infallible, word.

I have never understood why a Christian would object to the Bible being 100 % true.

The sum of Your word is truth, and every one of your righteous ordinances is everlasting---Ps 119:160

Old 09-14-2016, 07:00 AM

Quote:
That is indeed a deliberate lie. Or maybe you really do not know better?

I knew and had a relationship with the God I know LONG before I picked up the bible anthology of myths.

I did not even crack open a bible until I was almost 19 years old and at that time me and the God I know were on a first name basis.
If you think the Bible is an anthology of myths, a statement you can't prove, that did not come from God.
It comes from the one who disguises himself as an angel of light.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
So where do you put believers of other faiths?
Faith is only valuable if the object of the faith is true. Many religions have faith in that which is not God.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Extreme difficulty with the "C" word eh jimmie?

What chapter and verse says WE MUST HAVE THE BIBLE IF WE ARE TO UNDERSTAND??

How can you undersatand spiritual concepts apart from the Bible?

Quote:
Jesus did NOT die for the sins of humanity--the bible says NO ONE CAN DIE or BE PUNISHED FOR THE SINS OF ANOTHER.
That is because none of us are without spot or blemish. We can't qualify for even our own sins. God requires the sacrifice to be sinless and only Jesus can qualify for that.

Quote:
One doe not need the myths of the bible to know and understand what MERCY, JUSTICE and LOVE are...
Without the Bible, you can only understand mans understanding of mercy, justice and love, which are variable in their definition. Only by understanding God's definitions can we know the true meaning of those terms.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Both of those verses are far more profound than what bible fundamentalists have interpreted them to be. It was all about God getting man to see him in the reality of who he really is, he took away the veil from over our minds by removing that we thought alienated us from God...... Our sin. It was never about sin..... It's always been about the true reality of God.
One of you problem is that you don't have a clue about what fundamentalism is. Neither of those verses is abut getting us to see the reality of who Jesus is. Both are about seeing the reality of what Jesus did for us. Only fundamentalist understand those verses,

Quote:
God made it about righteousness..... His son
He did not. He made it about faith in Jesus and accepting His righteousness.

Quote:
Fundamentalists made it about sin...... The flesh.
No we didn't, you have. Again we made it about faith because without faith we can't pleas God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity