Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2016, 11:17 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
No but many of your post seem to make it less important than what you dream up that is not in the Bible.
When people call the authors of the Bible ignorant, barbaric, savage, superstitious etc they might as well say what they really think, that the Bible is complete garbage, and more then irrelevant. Their anger against God, the word of God, and His followers is plain to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 11:17 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,997,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Omega please take the time to read this.

atonement.html
Instead of looking at what he wrote on this subject, I looked at more of his theology on other subjects. He is a liberal theologian who rejects the deity of Jesus. If I looked farther, I am sure I would find that he rejects the Bible as being the inspired word of God.

However what he says and what I or conservative theologian say is irrelevant.. The only criteria for any doctrine is, is the doctrine stated in the Bible..

Basically the "penal substitutionary atonement, states that Jesus death paid the penalty for man's sins and atoned for them.

The Bible clearly states in more than one place, 3 o which I have already mentioned, tht His death did pay he penalty for us.

Also, the whole levitical sacrificial system teaches that man does not have to pay for his sins, a substitute in the form of an animal could be substituted in his place, and most of them made atonement for the sinner..

I really don't see how anyone can reject that doctrine. IMO, they reject if from a personal theology,not supported by the Bible.

Read the verses I posted. If they don't validate the doctrine, then reject it. It will not cause anyone to lose their salvation. If Jesus did not pay for my sins, then it is up to me and I don't have the means. Remember, the lamb had to be without spot or blemish. I can't qualify.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:18 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,997,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
When people call the authors of the Bible ignorant, barbaric, savage, superstitious they might as well say what they really think, that the Bible is complete garbage, and more then irrelevant.

I know. It is sad.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:26 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
No but many of your post seem to make it less important than what you dream up that is not in the Bible.
Can you Pastor Viz or Fun Jarber please give an example of this ?. I thought not.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:38 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,384,178 times
Quote:
Instead of looking at what he wrote on this subject, I looked at more of his theology on other subjects. He is a liberal theologian who rejects the deity of Jesus. If I looked farther, I am sure I would find that he rejects the Bible as being the inspired word of God.

However what he says and what I or conservative theologian say is irrelevant.. The only criteria for any doctrine is, is the doctrine stated in the Bible..

Basically the "penal substitutionary atonement, states that Jesus death paid the penalty for man's sins and atoned for them.

The Bible clearly states in more than one place, 3 o which I have already mentioned, tht His death did pay he penalty for us.

Also, the whole levitical sacrificial system teaches that man does not have to pay for his sins, a substitute in the form of an animal could be substituted in his place, and most of them made atonement for the sinner..

I really don't see how anyone can reject that doctrine. IMO, they reject if from a personal theology,not supported by the Bible.

Read the verses I posted. If they don't validate the doctrine, then reject it. It will not cause anyone to lose their salvation. If Jesus did not pay for my sins, then it is up to me and I don't have the means. Remember, the lamb had to be without spot or blemish. I can't qualify.
Man cannot comprehend the existence of his errors, when too deeply immersed in them.

It appears that the death of Jesus was brought about through human volition, given the political and religious powers of the day. Although at the same time, Jesus was fully aware that his message, and what he represented to the status quo, would ultimately lead to a violent death. Thus, his life was an issue in setting the captives free from the established sects of that day. But his death was not divinely foreordained as a penal substitution, whereas, there is no greater love than to lay one's own life down for that of another. Many are fixated on Jesus' death, and will accept nothing but the blood of Jesus, as "they know not, what they do." Although, there is only ONE whose undeniable innocence (not an ordinary victim) was able to change the process of scapegoating (a slaughterhouse religion, having a carnivorous diet). And it is a saving act of God; a victory over the powers of this world (men) and a defeat of death, reversing it through his Life and Resurrection. The cross may, indeed be, the centerpiece of the Christian religion, but it is not God's altar. Rather, it is the gospel which was/is/will end all bloodshed, not that of merely exchanging victims (bulls and goats for that of Christ as a substitution). It was a sacrifice to end all sacrificing. Let's not make it a prescription for suffering death, but ONE of LIFE for ALL HUMANITY.

It’s time to stop using the Label of Christianity as One of Separation through the renewing of our minds.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I know. It is sad.
Do you and Finlay believe all the old testament writers saw and heard God like the disciples saw and heard God ?. Whatever your answer please prove by scripture why . If you agree that they didn't, then what do you call the percentage of that which the old testament writers did not see that the disciples saw?.

Jesus Christ is not a revelation of the bible....... he is the revealing of the true nature and character of God. They're not same thing, stop believing that they are.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:57 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,051,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
We are the tabernacle of God - Designed and built in the image of Jesus Christ. How is it you are not understanding that ?. Repent for using peace like a vain word.

Of course, I understand that. Why can't you understand what Hebrews says? Repent for trying to get me to disobey Him. PEACE

Old 09-10-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Of course, I understand that. Why can't you understand what Hebrews says? Repent for trying to get me to disobey Him. PEACE
I"m certain you don't, that would take understanding and having the ability to explain the characteristics of God by experience, but sadly you can't,because you are basically too well learnt in an off shoot of bible fundamentalism, which makes you biased and prejudice to all that contradicts that which you "assume" to be true.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:09 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,051,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I"m certain you don't, that would take understanding and having the ability to explain the characteristics of God by experience, but sadly you can't,because you are basically too well learnt in an off shoot of bible fundamentalism, which makes you biased and prejudice to all that contradicts that which you "assume" to be true.

Well, if you hadn't ignored my posts about what His body is, preferring to label me a fundy all the time, you wouldn't have that "certainty" of error, which of course is bias and prejudice, but since it's you and your cohorts that makes it ok, does it not?

And once again, no man taught me, the Spirit of G-d taught me, but thank you for telling me I am "too well learnt". When the Lord does it, He does it right. Peace

Old 09-10-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Well, if you hadn't ignored my posts about what His body is, preferring to label me a fundy all the time, you wouldn't have that "certainty" of error, which of course is bias and prejudice, but since it's you and your cohorts that makes it ok, does it not?

And once again, no man taught me, the Spirit of G-d taught me, but thank you for telling me I am "too well learnt". When the Lord does it, He does it right. Peace
You can't describe the characteristics of the spirit, so please don't try and tell me something you can't describe taught you anything. You are taught by books, simple as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity