Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2016, 04:29 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
The bible is ambigious and contradictory about the subject given that there is the story of David and Jonathan who were lovers (❤❤). On the other hand, it is almost undeniable that Hebrews developed an apprehension against homosexuality and today's homophobia was propagated by christians but they usually ignore this part.

It is very unlikely that fundamentalists see anything questionable about there beliefs, it has been centuries if not at least a millenium with christians being a privileged class. Their fundamentalism actually means that they are unwilling to question their beliefs.

And all of this because of a mythical god.

David and Johnathan were NOT lovers, their souls were knitted together, and unlike the New Age counterfeit that has sullied the meaning with "soul mate" nonsense, it means they had a SPIRITUAL covenant, exactly like when two or more are gathered in my name/nature, there I am in the midst of you.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to comprehend anything in the book except some of the milk, if you don't have the basics down of our compartmental make up, which is spirit, soul, and body, and understand that the Tabernacle is another witness to the Word that is written, and the Word that is of the creation.

The whole book is about G-d and His creation man and His message which He repeats to us over and over again, since He knew we were going to become DEAF, DUMB, BLIND, AND LAME in the process He designed for us to walk through, and would need to find Him again. Peace

Old 03-15-2016, 04:47 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Applaud self-righteousness all you care to. Some of us see the deflection.

Whatever else people here have said about love, no one has said there are no consequenbces to selfish behavior, that is a lie cooked up to discredit views you can't otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
So you are saying that gays, homosexuals, and or sodomites are selfish? There just ain't hell to pay though, right?
No, Electron, I am saying that anything contrary to that concern for everybody's well-being that is the kind of love Jesus taught is from selfishness, like the selfishness of promoting personal prejudice about Gays, and that all such behavior has consequences, so your erroneous and self-righteous characterization of the position of people who believe in God's love will have its consequences too.

And I see that jimmiej is applauding your lie too. I had thought better of him.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:49 PM

598 posts, read 357,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Wrong yet again. People self-identify with beliefs. When I call out the bigoted beliefs, I call out the bigoted beliefs, not anyone who happens to identify with them. There is no doubt in my mind at all that they are bigoted beliefs and deserve to be called out. Trout does so in a particularly aggressive manner, but they deserve to be called out. If you agree with the bigoted beliefs, you probably should rethink your understanding of our loving God rather than getting mad at those who expose the bigotry.

Baloney,

Your charges of bigotry may fly in the face of many fundamental church organizations, but to include myself or others such as member "rbbi1" who along with myself teach the only antidote against homosexuality, ( that brings death to the hunan race and the continuation of life) is the truth of Jesus Christ because as soon as this truth resides in the heart of a repentant sinner it begins to put an end to all sin (*) no matter the flavor, meaning whether the sin be stealing, murdering, adultery, homosexuality, etc etc, makes no difference because the truth found in the Spirit of Jesus Christ puts an end to all sin....... far more than just being a cover for it. (personally speaking I would prefer to have a gay neighbor than a lying neighbor who I could never trust any day of the week)

Unfortunately the garbage you and yours are trying to pass off here as the truth of Jesus Christ could not stop a child from lying let alone change the heart of someone who by choice has lived a lifestyle of sin (and this includes homosexuals)

As I have already pointed out, your opinion of your own self claimed mental superiority over everyone else excluding 1% of the worlds population, is the weight hanging on your neck that in the end will be the cause of your own destruction

*...... only if the person is continually taught the truth which is seldom found in any church let alone the lies you and your kind are trying to get away with here

Last edited by Livelystone; 03-15-2016 at 05:12 PM..

Old 03-15-2016, 04:51 PM

Duplicate post.....sorry

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-15-2016 at 05:17 PM..

Old 03-15-2016, 04:52 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Your words, your heart, NOT MINE.

My stance is when a poster, ANY poster, refuses to even admit that what is in black and white IS in fact in black and white (which obviously has to be the first step in discussing it), that tells me they are not really interested in a discussion and are just looking to pick a fight to preserve to one of their favorite sacred cows, because men taught us to keep cattle from our youth.
Whether that is your view of that poster or not the question is a legitimate one and I'd like to see your answer.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am not prone to hiding, Rbbi. I love you too because I know our God IS agape love. That does not mean He merely loves, it means He IS agape love in His essence. When we love we are truly "born of God" and know God every single time. It is impossible for anything that is NOT compatible with agape love to be from God or Jesus or required by God or have anything to do with God. YMMV.
Yes Mystic, that's true. But where you are missing it is that His Spirit which is LOVE is also righteousness and holiness, and those things are NOT found in the other mess, and must be laid on the altar with fire to make it PURE = the reason the furniture in the tabernacle was gold but the mercy seat was PURE GOLD because it had been refined 7 times, just like the hand has to pass over man with the mind of a beast 7 times before he receives the mind of Christ in fulness.

We are in the 7th day (7 times) from Adam, a day is like a thousand years, and it is time for it to be REFINED now. Bring your offering you've gathered to the fire (our G-d is a consuming fire), and let it consume what is dross. He knew we would have dross with the gold (there is now no condemnation to those that are in Christ Jesus) that's why it has to be refined.

I know you can hear me; I know you've been gathering up a lot of fragments of Him that were corrupted among those 12 baskets/12 tribes, and I know He ordained it for you because you had no fear, so there is no sin in it. But when the time came for the Egyptians and Chaldeans (the unclean workers WHOM HE ORDERED to work on the construction of the temple) to leave the temple, it was done, and then the priest's cleansed the temple and His glory came and filled it.

It's almost time for the glory now, don't miss what He has called you for. Peace

Old 03-15-2016, 05:18 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You are not an open door, you are a closed window, and you can't handle the truth, nor do you really want it, as the truth shatters windows.
More closed than you? I doubt it, especially given how you brushed off their request for an exegesis by essentially calling them biased.. Most likely, they use to think just like you until they actually researched it. If you think you have some kind of cosmic insight in to right or wrong just because you understand the scriptures a certain way, that in itself is dangerous and has only lead to bad things historically...like oppression of entire groups of people based on faulty understandings of verses (Protestants, African Americans, other people made slaves, etc.)...Just saying perhaps you shouldn't close your windows either when it comes to how you interpret scripture.

Old 03-15-2016, 05:20 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Insulting and demeaning people and calling it love is irony on steroids.
Is driving someone to suicide loving?

Is dehumanizing people by reducing their lives and relationships to a sex act loving?

Old 03-15-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Whether that is your view of that poster or not the question is a legitimate one and I'd like to see your answer.

Ok, I will accommodate you. But it's going to require a lot of foundation be laid first as I'm going to go back to the time of the disciples at least. So that means I'll likely have to pull some past references and write it tomorrow and paste it on here, as I don't have this stuff anywhere but in my heart, as it was written on my heart. Peace

Old 03-15-2016, 05:27 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
jeffy, once I got to know you and what you "think," I long ago gave up any idea of showing you anything that matters.

I post for the lurkers. I post for people who are fair-minded and care about their fellow beings.

I post to lay bare and underline the dangerous, bigoted, non-think of fundamentalist bullies and expose their near-complete lack of empathy.

I am not trying to change you, jeffy. You and others of your ilk are necessary for me to do my work. Without you, I'd have no one to reprove and correct. Without you, there would be no examples of the damage fundamentalism does - how it dulls compassion and retards reason.

So thank you, jeff. Thank you, Finn, jimmie, twin, Viz and other dark-spirited dwellers within your little sub-sect of Christianity.

You keep on, keepin' on.

And I'll keep on pointing out your bullying and bigotry.

Your hatred of me just provides more fuel to further the fight.
(I rewrote the lyrics to "Love The Way You Lie" to be personal for me.)

I can't really tell you what it is
I can only tell you what it feels like
Like I've got a lump in my windpipe
It's like I can't breathe when I see atrocities
Committed against those that are like me
The anger rises like a sunrise
All I can do is cry
The pain inside fueling me to new heights
I have to do something, but what can I do
I can do nothing on my own, it has to be me and you.

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn
It's alright, I like the way it hurts.
Just gonna stand there and hear me cry
It's alright, I love the way you lie
I love the way you lie.

Have you looked out across the sea of humanity
and see people supposed to be guided by love doing these things
and saying these words that are so hurtful
Sometimes I feel like I've been beaten black, blue and purple
Like a hematoma of the soul and I'm in a coma
and I can't wake but I'm aware of the commotion
and all the hate and furor that surrounds it
I don't know how to stop it, and I can't
We have to stop it.
I can't but you and I can.

I love the way you lie.

I can't scream loud enough to make you listen
it's like you've got some kind of deafness
Keeping you from hearing my petition
I'm in so much pain but you can't see
you just keep throwing all your hate at me
and those like me, not out of spite
but because you think you're right
you think your truth is the only truth to listen to
and it doesn't matter how much pain you put me through
or how many die, are beaten or bullied or are imprisoned
as long as you're right that's your sole concern
but look at me when you say and do those things
that hurt and stab and cut and scrape
look in my eyes as you watch my soul die,
watch the tears falling from my eyes when i ask why

I love the way you lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity