Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 05:17 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
That has nothing to do with it. Your understanding of jealous is as far as the earth is from Heaven. Of coarse God is not anal nor insecure but Glory belongs to God and not another and He defends it for His saints sake against all rivalry as a good husband should defend against rivalry for his wife.

You ought rather to say God is not intimidated by another but He is jealous and for good reason; to protect His own from ravinous wolfs in sheeps clothing who would try to steal the Glory even if they do it in ignorance. The Bible and the Spirit define who God is not you nor I.

Definition of JEALOUS
a : intolerant of rivalry or unfaithfulness

IS 42:8 "I am the LORD: that is My name: and My glory I will not give to another, neither My praise to graven images."

IS 42:13 "The LORD shall go forth as a mighty man, He shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: He shall cry, yea, roar; He shall prevail against his enemies." He shall take what belongs to Him!
All of you seriously underestimate God. You also give God the same human faults we have.

God knows the heart of a Polish person that is devoted to the Virgin. God knows if that person is righteous or not despite all the prayers to Mary and the Saints.

And if a person thinks Mary is goddess this would be known to God.

Most of you have a primitive OT barbaric view of God. Most of you see God in the same way the barbarians did 3000 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 05:27 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Fortunately God is not anal or jealous. Therefore, God hears all prayers.

I cannot imagine an insecure petty God that will ignore the Catholics that pray to Mary. If your God is like that then you have a serious problem in your theology.
This is truly sad that you make such comments after what was so beautifully written and inspired of the Holy Spirit. Julian, you really need to examine what you believe. This is not really even an issue about Mary but whether do you really know God by being born again/the Spirit of Supplication or do you just know about Him and religion.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
This is truly sad that you make such comments after what was so beautifully written and inspired of the Holy Spirit. Julian, you really need to examine what you believe. This is not really even an issue about Mary but whether do you really know God by being born again/the Spirit of Supplication or do you just know about Him and religion.
This is about seeing God at a much higher level than you do.

Sola Scriptura is no different than Mariology. Both are man made. You need to move to the next level.

The Bible and the devotion to Mary are just spiritual enhancements. You are a bibliolatrist and God is MUCH more than the Bible. This may sound harsh to you, but IMHO it is the next step.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:

Sola Scriptura is no different than Mariology. Both are man made. You need to move to the next level.

The Bible and the devotion to Mary are just spiritual enhancements. You are a bibliolatrist and God is MUCH more than the Bible. This may sound harsh to you, but IMHO it is the next step.
No, I am not an adherent to Sola Scripture but anything extra biblical can not contradict what is already written because "Scripture can not be broken" and at the same time maintain the Truth that God is responsible to mankind for. You can break it as you will but God only honors Truth. The Spirit of Truth is supernatural and He instructs His own. It is written, "My sheep hear My voice."

And one of the reasons I am not Sola Scripture is: MT 13:52 "Then said He unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the Kingdom of Heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which brings forth out of his treasure things new and old."

I have said many things on this forum that are not specifically written but are inspired by God. Some things said already in Scripture but in new ways and some things that explain some of the "hidden manner". But I guess you didn't pay attention. Gee wiz, you don't know me at all.

Hard to keep up with all the acronyms. There are so many. What is IMHO.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:29 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:

Since the Bible is scripture and all scripture is "God breathed" ... your open distain for scriptures is an open distain for God. God has not changed from the OT to the NT
OT
Isaiah 42:8
"I am the LORD: that is My name: and My glory I will not give to another, neither My praise to graven images."

NT
Luke 4:8
Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’ â€

Old 02-20-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Since the Bible is scripture and all scripture is "God breathed" ... your open distain for scriptures is an open distain for God. God has not changed from the OT to the NT
OT
Isaiah 42:8
"I am the LORD: that is My name: and My glory I will not give to another, neither My praise to graven images."

NT
Luke 4:8
Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’ ”

God is the same. What changes is man's perception of God.

The above verses are not directed at Christians. It is quite obvious the verses are about pagans. Those that are devoted to Mary are Christian. Pagans are not Christian.

Use common sense.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:32 PM

650 posts, read 514,067 times
And what was the one of the last directives ?

Honor My Mother.

it was not a request as we know, but a gracious request.

The first in the Hail Mary is repeating the words of the angel, ( honor

the second half of the Hail Mary is asking that she pray for not just self, but us, mankind now and at the end.

That's the Catholic understanding. Learning to say the rosary is education in Catholicism not something about cultures , but in attention to the gracious request. People have different religions and I think it's how it is supposed to be for learning off each other, but that is the reasoning in what you all are speaking to as I understand.( insofar as mis-understandings.

Last edited by alexcanter; 02-20-2014 at 10:26 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-20-2014, 10:54 PM

JN 4:24 "God is a spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth."

MT 6:7 "But when you pray, do not use vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking."

MT 15:9 "But in vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

Old 02-20-2014, 11:08 PM

650 posts, read 514,067 times
Quote:
JN 4:24 "God is a spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth."

MT 6:7 "But when you pray, do not use vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking."

MT 15:9 "But in vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."
Fellow member,

you are calling my entry vain, here is the definition of vain, can you explain better please
What the heck are you talking about ...vanity ?

Full Definition of VAIN

: having no real value : idle, worthless <vain pretensions>

: marked by futility or ineffectualness : unsuccessful, useless <vain efforts to escape>

archaic : foolish, silly

: having or showing undue or excessive pride in one's appearance or achievements : conceited

Last edited by alexcanter; 02-20-2014 at 11:44 PM..

Old 02-20-2014, 11:24 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
God is the same. What changes is man's perception of God.

The above verses are not directed at Christians. It is quite obvious the verses are about pagans. Those that are devoted to Mary are Christian. Pagans are not Christian.

Use common sense.
bull hockey .... man's perception of God has always stayed the same.

There are those who vomit out accusations and despise his word (written or oral) and those who believe in them.

The children of the devil have always had enmity against the children of God and always will till Christ's
return when he exposes those who have animosity and degrading belligerent remarks \ commentaries
about his word (written \ oral) while parading around like their some kind of innocent angels.

Cain was no less guilty of that anymore than the last person on this earth will be when Jesus comes and
"will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity