Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 05:25 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
bull hockey .... man's perception of God has always stayed the same.

There are those who vomit out accusations and despise his word (written or oral) and those who believe in them.

The children of the devil have always had enmity against the children of God and always will till Christ's
return when he exposes those who have animosity and degrading belligerent remarks \ commentaries
about his word (written \ oral) while parading around like their some kind of innocent angels.

Cain was no less guilty of that anymore than the last person on this earth will be when Jesus comes and
"will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
Some men remain CAVE MEN, but many men are not primitive anymore. And non-primitive men see God differently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 11:54 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Originally Posted by twin.spin in reply to Julian658

There are those who vomit out accusations and despise his word (written or oral) and those who believe in them.

The children of the devil have always had enmity against the children of God and always will till Christ's
return when he exposes those who have animosity and degrading belligerent remarks \ commentaries
about his word (written \ oral) while parading around like their some kind of innocent angels.

Cain was no less guilty of that anymore than the last person on this earth will be when Jesus comes and
"will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
your response:
[quote=alexcanter;33568267]
what are you getting at here ?

I am going to stop the misunderstandings explained in my entry.

do you have a problem with my entry ?

never mind the BS so far...speak up.[/quote]
my reply back to you
Quote:
was it in response to anything you wrote ... or are you also Julian658?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcanter View Post
try to focus,
and reconsider entry.
There is nothing to reconsider when nothing that's being responded back to us is not based on scripture but a bunch rather just personal edicts, traditions, and degrading belligerent remarks \ commentaries
about God's Word (written \ oral) and of those who believe them.

The truth is:
  1. praying to another entity other than God\Jesus is idolatry
  2. God specifically condemns any such activity ... for he is a Jealous God
    • Exodus 20:5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God
    • Exodus 34:14 Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

It's just a bunch of bull to say "God remains the same" then in the next breath come out with distain when God REMAINS THE SAME.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin

There is nothing to reconsider when nothing that's being responded back to us is not based on scripture but a bunch rather just personal edicts, traditions, and degrading belligerent remarks \ commentaries
Being a Christian does not mean we leave our brains behind. If you use scripture to prove scripture you are in the middle of a circular argument which is highly illogical.

The Bible, in particular, the OT is meant to be a spiritual guide and is made of many allegories that teach a message. The OT was written by barbarians and therefore they misrepresent God.

Quote:
The truth is:
praying to another entity other than God\Jesus is idolatry
God specifically condemns any such activity ... for he is a Jealous God
The God described in the OT is very jealous, insecure, and even prone to violence such as killing innocent children. Obviously our God cannot have all those human flaws. The reason God is described as very jealous and violent is because the folks that wrote the OT were from another era and wanted to send a message. They were preaching with fear. As I said, you need to read in context.

The idolatrists were pagans. Christians are not pagan even if they bow down when they come into church and pass the altar. Catholics are Christians and Christians are not pagan. Did you get that?

And if a Catholic bows to a statue of Mary or Jesus God knows the heart. God is not stupid, anal, vindictive or jealous. How dare you say God is jealous? How could you even consider such a statement?

Quote:
[*]Exodus 20:5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God
[*]Exodus 34:14 Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
Mary is not a goddess. Mary is the mother of God and as such she is honored. There is no idolatry or paganism here.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:21 PM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
It's just a bunch of bull to say "God remains the same" then in the next breath come out with distain when God REMAINS THE SAME.
Jaelousy is a human psychological weakness. Failure to understand that is why our ignorant savage ancestors believed God could actually be jealous. Any god that is jealous is a weak God. Do you really believe our God is weak, Twin? The earth remains the same as it was in our ancestors' time. Does that mean it must be flat because our ancestors believed it was? The earth orbits around the Sun as it always has. The earth's rotation makes the Sun appear to orbit the earth. It has always been the same but our ignorant ancestors believed the Sun orbited the earth. Does that mean that the Sun has changed or the earth has changed??? The problem is and always has been the ignorant beliefs of our ancestors ABOUT God. THAT is what must change . . . NOT God.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jaelousy is a human psychological weakness. Failure to understand that is why our ignorant savage ancestors believed God could actually be jealous. Any god that is jealous is a weak God. Do you really believe our God is weak, Twin? The earth remains the same as it was in our ancestors' time. Does that mean it must be flat because our ancestors believed it was? The earth orbits around the Sun as it always has. The earth's rotation makes the Sun appear to orbit the earth. It has always been the same but our ignorant ancestors believed the Sun orbited the earth. Does that mean that the Sun has changed or the earth has changed??? The problem is and always has been the ignorant beliefs of our ancestors ABOUT God. THAT is what must change . . . NOT God.
Exactly!!!!!

They don't allow more reps.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:24 PM

650 posts, read 514,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin in reply to Julian658

your response:
[quote=alexcanter;33568267]
what are you getting at here ?

I am going to stop the misunderstandings explained in my entry.

do you have a problem with my entry ?

never mind the BS so far...speak up.
my reply back to you
[/font]

The truth is:
  1. praying to another entity other than God\Jesus is idolatry
  2. God specifically condemns any such activity ... for he is a Jealous God
    • Exodus 20:5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God
    • Exodus 34:14 Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
(Okay I think I can reply to your quote after letting all the many things in this reflect around in my head without getting into a big deal about it.I only wanted to offer the thinking and am somewhat uncomfortable in the arguing. I replied try to focus, because my entry was ignored . )

In the early centuries the Christians were not so well received and often under attack to the death.

We know in the first couple of centuries for example this was true. Once found out, its over. So some of them hid, or groups I suppose.

The catacombs underground.

So there they were. Listening to every sound from above or entry spots wondering when they would be found out, food all that.

So one of them is sitting there in the moments and etches out on the wall a marking of the child Jesus sitting on Mary's lap. ( they found these style of etchings down there.

So they all get into a big argument about it accusing and suggesting different things, in no time the hiding is a waste of time.

That's the best I can say in this after considering all the different viewpoints and understand they are passionate and for what would be good wholesome and genuine reasons.

Last edited by alexcanter; 02-21-2014 at 07:40 PM..

Old 02-21-2014, 08:30 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post

Mary is not a goddess. Mary is the mother of God and as such she is honored. There is no idolatry or paganism here.
Mary was the mother of the Son of Man not His deity of Son of God. God or Son of God has no mother. They created all mothers.
GEN 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image."

Old 02-21-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Mary was the mother of the Son of Man not His deity of Son of God. God or Son of God has no mother. They created all mothers.
GEN 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image."
You misunderstand the Trinity. Perhaps the diagram may help.

The Father is God.

The Son is God.

The Holy Spirit is God.

If Mary is the mother of Jesus, she is also the mother of God. I get your point that God existed before Jesus, but according to the trinity and simple math logic Mary is the Mother of God. However, don't be so concerned. The term mother of God is mostly a title, a for of reverence to the blessed virgin.

Why do some Evangelicals have so much issue with other forms of Christianity?

Old 02-21-2014, 09:11 PM

758 posts, read 848,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post

You misunderstand the Trinity. Perhaps the diagram may help.

The Father is God.

The Son is God.

The Holy Spirit is God.

If Mary is the mother of Jesus, she is also the mother of God. I get your point that God existed before Jesus, but according to the trinity and simple math logic Mary is the Mother of God. However, don't be so concerned. The term mother of God is mostly a title, a for of reverence to the blessed virgin.

Why do some Evangelicals have so much issue with other forms of Christianity?
Mother of God insinuates - She was before God

Mother of God is a man-made blasphemy!

It is no where to be found in the bible; It is in essence Idolatry

Old 02-21-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
Mother of God insinuates - She was before God

Mother of God is a man-made blasphemy!

It is no where to be found in the bible; It is in essence Idolatry
The "it is not in the bible" is a fallacy. Many things are not in the bible. In fact, the bible itself says many things Jesus did are not in the Bible. The bible clearly says so:

John 21:25
New King James Version (NKJV)
25 And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen.

if everything was in the bible the world could not contain all the books needed to put id down in words.

That is why we Catholics have Sacred Oral Tradition. The NT is just a small sample of Christianity.

Did you see the Trinity diagram?

Catholics are Christians. Idolatry only applies to pagans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity