Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 07:26 PM

18,251 posts, read 16,951,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlanynna View Post
are those the ones that run around telling everyone we are going to hell, and we already took the mark of the beast? I was looking all over my body for that mark!
It's that mole that looks like a 666 under your left arm near the armpit, Arlanynna. That's why it's hard to see.

You're doomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 08:33 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,789,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, some Christian denominations do teach that. Mine doesn't. Mine teaches that pretty much everyone who has ever lives will ultimately go to Heaven. I suspect you're maybe thinking of Matthew 7:13-14, which states, "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." But consider, too, 1 Corinthians 15:22 which says, "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive," and Philippians 2:10-11, which reads, "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

If all shall be made alive through Jesus Christ and if every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is the Christ, then surely more than just a handful will make it into Heaven. Perhaps Matthew 7:13-14 is referring to those who have lived in such a way that they will receive every blessing that God has set aside for them. Scripture does tell us that Jesus will "reward every man according to his works." If that is the case, then maybe the "few" you have been told will end up in Heaven are really just the "few" who will receive the greatest heavenly rewards. If there are varying degrees of commitment, obedience, righteousness and faithfulness, then why not various degrees of blessings in Heaven?
Looks as though those verses by Paul contradict what Jesus said. How can someone who contradicts Jesus follow Him? The answer is ,he didn't follow, he made up his own gospel.

The Lord has said;

" To me every knee shall bend by me every tongue shall swear, saying ,only in the Lord are righteous deeds and power."

Jesus said who is in heaven in this verse;

'There will be wailing and grinding of the teeth when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God and you yourselves cast out."

See, Abraham ,Isaac and Jacob were all prophets. That is why the Lord says;

"When the lion roars who will not fear it, when the Lord God speaks who will not prophecy."

You see, the one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:19 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,207,474 times
I would never state how many are going to heaven, because that would virtually guarantee I would be going the opposite direction. Only God decides that. We have no say and frankly no clue, either!

Old 10-17-2013, 09:13 AM

910 posts, read 1,339,696 times
I have a different take. I believe that if a man dies his spirit separates from his body and can reside in different places: hades, deep, planets, stars, sun, sea etc. God determines where each spirit will stay based on their initial judgment. Some are sent back to the earth. Several of his laws are in operation.

For some folks, this world is like hell because of the suffering they go through. Some folks who had murdered in their previous incarnations are inevitably killed in a new incarnation. Similarly some may find the world so nice that they live in heaven on earth. God is very tight in how this world is governed. He can appear anywhere to manifest his will. Everything runs in cycles. Death is equivalent to the multiplication of spirits.

So who will go to heaven? But we are already in the new heaven and the new earth. The Father is on the earth, the Son is on earth, and the Holy Spirit too! Live in him and for him and you are in heaven. Live abomidably and you are in hell, even whilst on earth.

Old 08-20-2016, 02:42 PM

124 posts, read 118,748 times
This makes me so sad because I was thinking this today. Why even try? And I did listen to that placebo audiobook on YouTube!! Wow.

Wasn't the whole argument between God and Satan is that man would sin if tempted ? God said no, Satan said yes he will? Well looks like 97.5% get the winning vote.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:36 PM

28,106 posts, read 30,014,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmagnum View Post
Wasn't the whole argument between God and Satan is that man would sin if tempted ? God said no, Satan said yes he will?
Huh? Where'd you come up with that?

Old 08-20-2016, 04:53 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,255,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
I have a different take. I believe that if a man dies his spirit separates from his body and can reside in different places: hades, deep, planets, stars, sun, sea etc. God determines where each spirit will stay based on their initial judgment. Some are sent back to the earth. Several of his laws are in operation.

For some folks, this world is like hell because of the suffering they go through. Some folks who had murdered in their previous incarnations are inevitably killed in a new incarnation. Similarly some may find the world so nice that they live in heaven on earth. God is very tight in how this world is governed. He can appear anywhere to manifest his will. Everything runs in cycles. Death is equivalent to the multiplication of spirits.

So who will go to heaven? But we are already in the new heaven and the new earth. The Father is on the earth, the Son is on earth, and the Holy Spirit too! Live in him and for him and you are in heaven. Live abomidably and you are in hell, even whilst on earth.
Didn't someone say it is appointed unto a person to be JUDGED ONCE...

Old 08-20-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
I would never state how many are going to heaven, because that would virtually guarantee I would be going the opposite direction. Only God decides that. We have no say and frankly no clue, either!
If you were a betting person, what percentage would you give?

Old 08-20-2016, 04:56 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,426,251 times
ASV Psalm 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the land, And shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

KJV Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

KJV Matthew 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

ASV Psalm 37:29 The righteous shall inherit the land, And dwell therein for ever.

Some in heaven and some on earth.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, some Christian denominations do teach that. Mine doesn't. Mine teaches that pretty much everyone who has ever lives will ultimately go to Heaven. I suspect you're maybe thinking of Matthew 7:13-14, which states, "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." But consider, too, 1 Corinthians 15:22 which says, "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive," and Philippians 2:10-11, which reads, "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

If all shall be made alive through Jesus Christ and if every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is the Christ, then surely more than just a handful will make it into Heaven. Perhaps Matthew 7:13-14 is referring to those who have lived in such a way that they will receive every blessing that God has set aside for them. Scripture does tell us that Jesus will "reward every man according to his works." If that is the case, then maybe the "few" you have been told will end up in Heaven are really just the "few" who will receive the greatest heavenly rewards. If there are varying degrees of commitment, obedience, righteousness and faithfulness, then why not various degrees of blessings in Heaven?
But many religions do teach there are different levels of heaven and one is placed on a certain level based on their terrestrial life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity