Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 08:06 AM

689 posts, read 550,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSalvador View Post
Raised a Christian, it's been years since I went to church, but I remember always hearing that only a very, very small number of people will go to heaven and this number includes everyone who ever existed. that sounds like playing the lottery, so I will go to hell I guess. Ever thought of what would happen if you are a faithful Christian, go to church, read the bible, but in the end you still go to hell? Why? Simply because you weren't holy enough.
I think that you are missing the point. The whole point of a covenant is that "it's up to God to decide". Whoever calling upon His name can be saved. This is the bottom line, all left is God's privilege to judge an individual as only God can judge human hearts. God earned this privilege by His self-sacrifice through Jesus Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 08:38 AM

20,443 posts, read 12,809,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
An old man walking a lone highway, came at the evening, cold and gray — to a chasm vast, deep and wide through which was flowing a swollen tide. The old man crossed in the twilight dim; the rapids held no fears for him. But he turned, when safe on the other side, and built a bridge to span the tide.

Old man, cried a fellow pilgrim near, you are wasting your time in building here. Your journey will end with the closing day. You never again will pass this way. You have crossed the chasm deep and wide; why build you this bridge at even-tide?

The builder lifted his old gray head. Good friend, in the path I have come, he said, there follows after me today a youth whose feet must pass this way. This stream, which has been as naught to me, to that fair youth may a pitfall be. He too must cross in the twilight dim — Good friend, I am building this bridge for him.

Try to understand the parable and this poem.
Read Jesus' words and try to understand.

Old 08-25-2016, 03:12 PM

63,891 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
I think that you are missing the point. The whole point of a covenant is that "it's up to God to decide". Whoever calling upon His name can be saved. This is the bottom line, all left is God's privilege to judge an individual as only God can judge human hearts. God earned this privilege by His self-sacrifice through Jesus Christ.
???? God had to EARN something?????

Old 08-25-2016, 07:31 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Read Jesus' words and try to understand.
I have, and it's not what you think.

Old 08-25-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
I have, and it's not what you think.
Is it what you think?

Old 08-25-2016, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Is it what you think?
I do not believe anyone will be tormented, forever.
Especially, for such a short-life span on this earth.

Hell is the creation of men, nothing more.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:42 PM

Quote:

Is that what Jesus said?

Old 08-25-2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Is that what Jesus said?
Actually, he didn't write anything.

Old 08-26-2016, 04:59 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,250,221 times
Quote:
Is that what Jesus said?
Jesus made mention of some garbage dump..a far cry from an eternal hell scenario that MAN has created to scare the crap out of people and manipulating others to tithe money to a wealth church..

Old 08-26-2016, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Actually, he didn't write anything.
That's not what I asked you. What did He say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity