Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 05:25 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
You should talk about lengths ... you godless go to seek a verse from your bible while at the same time reject it. That shows more of what's not there than anything.
John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.
and much to the antagnostics chagrin, those who don't see life gets doesn't what other horses' mouth promises
Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever.

but who knows ... maybe the horses mouth of Jesus can be outwitted.
Here you go again trying to make scripture say what it isn't. It does not say Jesus Christ came to save us from eternal torment/hell/torture .

The wrath of God is upon unbelief, how hard is this for you to understand. Just because you call yourself a Christian does not mean you are never in unbelief. Jesus Christ didnt teach that a one time confession saved you from eternal torment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Talk about flogging a dead horse. If you can find a scripture where it states Jesus Christ saved us from eternal hell, you have a case, but thankfully scripture does not teach it.

The wrath of God upon a person is not meaning someone is hell bound. It's only upon someone who has not come to the reality yet that God is for them and not against them. I know it is difficult for you evangelical eternal torment believing fundamentalists to comprehend that God is actually for the world not against it in its present state, this is why it takes faith to accept and understand it,because it is contrary to everything the carnal mind as ever believed about God. What you don't realize is you are actually working against God not for him with your message of condemnation for all who do not believe when you want them to. He did not come to condemn the world but to save it and he is doing,not from eternal hell, but a life of independence from him, which is no life at all. He came that we might have life and life more abundantly.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-16-2013 at 05:36 PM..

Old 07-16-2013, 05:53 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,514,512 times
Quote:
Here you go again trying to make scripture say what it isn't. It does not say Jesus Christ came to save us from eternal torment/hell/torture .

The wrath of God is upon unbelief, how hard is this for you to understand. Just because you call yourself a Christian does not mean you are never in unbelief. Jesus Christ didnt teach that a one time confession saved you from eternal torment.
oh ... since your horses mouth can refute it without be wantonly obvious of how incorrect your mind of christ usage is, you now move the goal post by qualifying it to "Jesus Christ didn't teach that a one time confession saved you from eternal torment."

Job 27:8
For what hope have the godless when they are cut off, when God takes away their life?

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

Even the horses mouth can't have hallucinated so much, that when he was using the mind of Christ, he (in John 3:36) was comparing the two opposite results between believing and rejecting. Maybe your horses mouth god had better been the one who should have re-wrote what this so-called god of mine said what was written in his heart ... goodness, we all know that Jesus should have had a better usage of the mind of Christ.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
oh ... since your horses mouth can refute it without be wantonly obvious, you now the goal post by qualifying it to "Jesus Christ didnt teach that a one time confession saved you from eternal torment."

typical of the godless ..... keep on hoping that your horses mouth god can outwit Jesus'

For what hope have the godless when they are cut off, when God takes away their life?

Even the horses mouth can't have hallucinated so much, that when he was using the mind of Christ, he (in John 3:36) was comparing the two opposite results between believing and rejecting. Maybe your horses mouth god had better been the one who should have re-wrote what this so-called god of mine said what was written in his heart ... goodness, we all know that Jesus should have had a better usage of the mind of Christ.
Neither of those scriptures state or come anywhere close to saying Jesus Christ came to save us from eternal hell. You are clutching at straws.

Here's what God sent his son for and you will not get a clearer scripture than this.

Act 3:26 to you first, God, having raised up His child Jesus, did send him, blessing you, in the turning away of each one from your evil ways.'

Old 07-17-2013, 02:25 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,405,743 times
Quote:
then your faith says that my Jeus hallucinated and is a liar
John 5:28 -30
for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—
those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

By myself I can do nothing;I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just,
for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me

Matthew 25:34- 45
“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world."

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

or my faith says your Jesus hallucinated and is a liar

Question is which Christ is one the many false ones that went out into the world ... your's or our's

For me, I'm willing to say that the one who spoke Matthew 25:34-35 & John 28-30 isn't the false Christ.
Twin qouting scripture and understanding scripture are not the same thing. I could tell you what those scriptures say but have done so many atime already so would not matter.

I agree many will go into aionian punishment, but that aionian punishment is corrective.

Thus God's arrow ( Jesus) does not miss the mark.

Our faith in God and Jesus demands the salvation of the world brother esle we accuse God of sin (missing the mark). even though you cannot understand how God will save all mankind you are suppose to have faith in God to save mankind even though you know not how.

Do you believe God can miss the mark/sin? If you do not then it is incumbant upon all christians to hold to the faith that the world will be saved.

If you have faith in God twin then have faith that He cannot miss the mark.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:30 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,405,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Welcome back, Pneuma.

No worries, he will put you on his block-list in due time.
Apparently, he never misses the mark.
Quote:
Yes welcome back pnuema. I think his ignore list feature has malfunctioned due to turning it on and off. He loves me, he loves me not
Thanks guys.

Some things are hard on peoples ears so they learn to tune them out anyway they can.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:32 AM

796 posts, read 860,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
yep read the topic and you are totally in error, the Jews of the old testement held that "hell" was a 12 month period of purification. Thus Universalism was taught long before ET or anihilation.

But nice evade of my post.

So you actually believe God missed the mark? that is a picture of a god who is weak and not all powerful. it is the same picture of god that the heathens held to.

The true God cannot miss the mark, if He took aim at the salvation of the world then our assurance is that the salvation of the world is secure.

What ever happened to having faith in God.
This is not about God missing the mark. You seem to hold your god in very low esteem. I can understand that about your god. ]

Thank you for playing. Pay attention and perhaps you can learn something.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Yes a reward game ... just for good ol' pcamps.

God's going to reward you expecially well for all of your cleverness that you were able to outwit Jesus.
Keep on hoping pcamps ... keep on.
Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever.
The saddest part of this is when all these who have believed and taught a the lie of universalism end up in hell. Because I love them I shall never stop confronting this deception satan has them under.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Twin qouting scripture and understanding scripture are not the same thing. I could tell you what those scriptures say but have done so many atime already so would not matter.

I agree many will go into aionian punishment, but that aionian punishment is corrective.

Our faith in God and Jesus demands the salvation of the world brother esle we accuse God of sin (missing the mark). even though you cannot understand how God will save all mankind you are suppose to have faith in God to save mankind even though you know not how.

Do you believe God can miss the mark/sin? If you do not then it is incumbant upon all christians to hold to the faith that the world will be saved.

Well I am glad you recognize your first problem. You do not understand scripture. Satan has you deceived with a lie and you need to repent of following satan and come to God and accept His Son Jesus Christ.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
The saddest part of this is when all these who have believed and taught a the lie of universalism end up in hell. Because I love them I shall never stop confronting this deception satan has them under.
The sad part is you thinking by that checking all the right boxes on your belief sheet,you can determine who goes to heaven and who goes to the place of eternal torment that you feared so much it became a reality to you. Then you want us to believe you are located in a state of grace? Right?. The even sadder part is you believe that it is in believing all correct doctrines from the bible is your key out of the eternal hell you feared.

It is very nice that you believe in the historical Jesus, but do you know that Jesus Christ is in you and how do you know ?, if you don't you have not only failed the test says Paul, but you really have nothing to offer but your opinions of the bible. For the good man brings forth good things from the treasure(the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ) stored up in his heart. There are staunch athiest that can give us a compete run down of the history of the bible and the doctrines of it, so how is it that the foundation of your belief is built upon believing 100% the right things? I am telling you now, you do not believe all the right things, none of us posting on this forum do. The difference is some know it which makes them open to growing, others believe they already know it all already and are a closed shop in their minds to growing in the knowledge and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:46 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,514,512 times
Quote:

The only way you can conclude that it's going to be anything less than the opposite of what Jesus says for those who experience life is by the wanton desire to purposefully not to be intellectually honest.
When God says
for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. 1 Chronicles 28:9
So this anionian word shell game is just indicative of that wanton desire and you are most welcomed to hope that somebody will stop by the booth of UR carnival games ... I however don't see any entertainment value in carnival games.

Finally, it's not surprising that when a person who embraces wantonly desires would take this to the next slippery slope into a backhanded accusation of God missing the mark if He dares to remains truthful to his own word of being Just.

Last edited by twin.spin; 07-17-2013 at 07:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity